British Labour leader Corbyn set to back second Brexit referendum - report

webfact

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So he will ignore over 60% of the Labour voters who voted for brexit. He has changed his mind so much nobody believes him anymore. He has forgotten and betrayed the heartland of Labour voters and gone for the champagne Labourites of London and other luvvy lands.

The nearest he will get to number 10 is when he gets kicked out of the Labour party and has to walk past it. The sooner the better for me.

I guess if you repeat a lie long enough some will believe it. A big majority of Labour voters support remain. The only nonsensical evidence purveyors of the falsehood provide is that Corbyn supports, (or supported) leave. Every poll, without exception, proves that's the case. And you don't even need the polls to establish that. There is no way that over 60% of labour voters could support Brexit if the referendum was 52-48. It takes either massive gullibility or a complete inability to cope with basic maths to believe otherwise.

What makes your assertion even more nonsensical is that were it true, you would have to believe that Corbyn wants to commit electoral suicide by supporting another referendum. 

Edited by bristolboy
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, vogie said:

But as we all know that the only thing now that will save the Tories is to deliver Brexit, it is highly unlikely that a deal will be agreed by the 31st of Oct, it is highly unlikely that the EU will agree to yet another extension so it makes the default option of leave without a deal ever more likely.

As Mr Farage says to the EU leaders "scrap the new treaty and give an ultimatum to Brussels - we are leaving at 11pm on October 31, and if you want to come and talk to us about a free trade deal the door is open!"

"At last the opposition offers opposition"????????????????

Utter delusion.

The Tory party is falling apart.

A handful of Brexit zealots and the rest with an eye on the economy and the public mood.

Labour floating the idea to offer a second referendum to test the public’s response.

Game on!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

They haven't delivered on the result of the first one yet, why have another? For democracy to work, you have to abide by the wishes of the people, once you ignore the people's vote, then democracy breaks down. Win or lose, in a democracy, you have to accept the vote. Aren't us British supposed to be good losers? As far as remainers are concerned, that's gone out of the window. If Corbyn's Labour get there way and there's a second referendum, then a precedent will have been set and the next thing you know people will be demanding reruns of general elections for no other reason than their side having lost.

ANd if there's the political reality to support their wishes, there will be reruns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The last time I reply to you, as I now know you are just try and 'wind up' people. Like a kid in school who tells the teacher 'tell tales'. We all know those types.

Those who have lived in the UK know these facts and don't need to be called out to provide links but as we know who you are, here you go for the last time.

As usual you are talking absolute rubbish but we expect nothing less.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-majority-conservative-and-labour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

https://brexitcentral.com/labours-flip-flopping-game-playing-brexit-failed-voters-country/

And your point being? I would expect a similar response from Labour constituencies on another referendum, which means that May's deal - which is the only deal - is their first choice.

You can ignore a 'no-deal' scenario, because top tories and parliament won't let it happen, despite what the media says, because it would be unconstitutional, and if ignored by the PM, a vote of no-confidence in the government would see a GE, and the unseating of the PM. 

Whatever, it's a right mess, that would eventually be resolved by the outcome of the GE. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The last time I reply to you, as I now know you are just try and 'wind up' people. Like a kid in school who tells the teacher 'tell tales'. We all know those types.

Those who have lived in the UK know these facts and don't need to be called out to provide links but as we know who you are, here you go for the last time.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-majority-conservative-and-labour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

https://brexitcentral.com/labours-flip-flopping-game-playing-brexit-failed-voters-country/

There we go, your links fail to back your ridiculous and patently false claim that ‘over 60% of the Labour voters who voted for Brexit’.

Let’s stop calling this hogwash and give it its real name - A Lie!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I guess if you repeat a lie long enough some will believe it. A big majority of Labour voters support remain. The only nonsensical evidence purveyors of the falsehood provide is that Corbyn supports, (or supported) leave. Every poll, without exception, proves that's the case. And you don't even need the polls to establish that. There is no way that over 60% of labour voters could support Brexit if the referendum was 52-48. It takes either massive gullibility or a complete inability to cope with basic maths to believe otherwise.

What makes your assertion even more nonsensical is that were it true, you would have to believe that Corbyn wants to commit electoral suicide by supporting another referendum. 

You need to factor in constituencies that were not Labour held.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You might try actually reading that link to fullfact.org. What Professor Hanratty was saying that a majority of labour constituencies voted to leave, not a majority of labour voters. As the article point out

These estimates show that while the national result of the referendum was relatively close, with 52% voting Leave and 48% voting Remain, a much larger majority of parliamentary seats voted to Leave – with 64% of seats in Great Britain voting Leave. (This is likely due to the uneven distribution of Remain voters, who tended to cluster in large cities, while Leave voters were more evenly spread.)

In other words, your contention that over 60 percent of labour voters supported Brexit is rubbish.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You are obviously not taking into account people who vote SNP, Greens, Lib Dems, DUP. Every Poll without exception does not prove the case. Do your research.

So in simple terms from those who voted for brexit over 60% constituents were Labour held areas.

Your claim was that ‘60% of Labour voters’.

Less of the wet bar of soap dodging, simply admit you were wrong.

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You are obviously not taking into account people who vote SNP, Greens, Lib Dems, DUP. Every Poll without exception does not prove the case. Do your research.

So in simple terms from those who voted for brexit over 60% constituents were Labour held areas.

I presume you meant "constituencies" in the above quote and that's not what you originally contended. Here is your original quote:

"So he will ignore over 60% of the Labour voters who voted for brexit." 

I await your gracious acknowledgement that you are in error on this point.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You might try actually reading that link to fullfact.org. What Professor Hanratty was saying that a majority of labour constituencies voted to leave, not a majority of labour voters. As the article point out

These estimates show that while the national result of the referendum was relatively close, with 52% voting Leave and 48% voting Remain, a much larger majority of parliamentary seats voted to Leave – with 64% of seats in Great Britain voting Leave. (This is likely due to the uneven distribution of Remain voters, who tended to cluster in large cities, while Leave voters were more evenly spread.)

In other words, your contention that over 60 percent of labour voters supported Brexit is rubbish.

I agree. Sad, that he accuses me of twisting the facts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When asked if he could make a fast decision he answered can I let you know next week.

No-one can possibly say what's going to happen and I for one have stopped taking the whole 'Brexit' situation as something that can be taked about in a serious way.

It's like watching two childrens football teams argue which side will provide the referee.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

So it all boils down to Mays deal (that nobody in the country wants, neither remainer or leaver) or remain on the ballot paper, are you serious. ????????????????????????????

Before making a statement that has been skewed by the media and by polarised MPs e.g. ERG and DUP, have you read May's deal so that you can come to an independent opinion on the veracity of it?

Bearing in mind, the last parliament vote on her deal was pretty close, so the term 'nobody in the country wants' is untrue.  

• Haha 2