British Labour leader Corbyn set to back second Brexit referendum - report

webfact

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Good news. This will make Brexiteers go nuts again. I can already hear them

moan “betrayal” and post a collage of Internet memes. 

Wrong again.

Great news for Brexiteers. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

"Votes are not forever. Things change. We have many votes on all sorts of things and are happy to re-vote after a few years. That's why we have general elections too."

I agree, but the decision of said votes is always enacted before (a few years later) the next vote on the issue!

This didn't happen following the brexit referendum result.....

True. Whose fault was that?  my philosophy is "we are where we are". Personally I'd like a clear new vote YES (including no deal) or NO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

A second peoples vote  - possibly on the choices of May's deal, or remain - is today's phrase that the Labour party will add to their manifesto. Whether Corbyn wants to leave or not won't be up to him.

A no-deal would not be on the voting list because parliament would reject it. Why? Because it would sink the UK's economy, and no government would accept that possibility. 

"A second peoples vote  - possibly on the choices of May's deal, or remain - is today's phrase that the Labour party will add to their manifesto."

Now that really would be political suicide IMO!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"A second peoples vote  - possibly on the choices of May's deal, or remain - is today's phrase that the Labour party will add to their manifesto."

Now that really would be political suicide IMO!

Somebody else who didn't see who benefitted from the vote swing last week. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Britain's Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn is set to back a second referendum on Brexit and it could be within days, the Mirror newspaper reported late on Tuesday, citing senior figures of the party.

So just who are these "senior figures", as I have pointed out in the past every person in the party seems to be saying something different.

The SDP put there success down to "nailling their colours" to the mast by calling for a second referendum. 

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So he will ignore over 60% of the Labour voters who voted for brexit. He has changed his mind so much nobody believes him anymore. He has forgotten and betrayed the heartland of Labour voters and gone for the champagne Labourites of London and other luvvy lands.

The nearest he will get to number 10 is when he gets kicked out of the Labour party and has to walk past it. The sooner the better for me.

He will do and say anything, absolutely anything, to increase his chances of being elected to government, as he sees it.

Complete hypocrite and been anti Britain all his career. 

However, even he realizes that no one voted for a hard Brexit, a soft Brexit or had much idea of the consequences. Chances are Labor would do almost as badly as the Tories in a GE at the moment. He has to do something so backing another referendum is it. Not because he wants to but because he thinks it would lead to more Tory pain, in-fighting and disintergration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

He will do and say anything, absolutely anything, to increase his chances of being elected to government, as he sees it.

Complete hypocrite and been anti Britain all his career. 

However, even he realizes that no one voted for a hard Brexit, a soft Brexit or had much idea of the consequences. Chances are Labor would do almost as badly as the Tories in a GE at the moment. He has to do something so backing another referendum is it. Not because he wants to but because he thinks it would lead to more Tory pain, in-fighting and disintergration.

image.gif.f02875a08200f6fe73973ecb4daad4bb.gif

• Like 1