British Labour leader Corbyn set to back second Brexit referendum - report

webfact

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I do take personal responsibilities for my own actions , I am not a "blame everyone else" kind of guy , but it is the UK Goverments job to implement the will of the people .

Except it’s not ‘the will of the people’.

At the time of the referendum the result was 37% of the electorate voted Leave.

Every indication is that support for Brexit is fading.

37% is not ‘the will of the people’.

Not by a long way, and getting longer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Lets not get back to the basics .

Votes are counted on the basis of the number who voted and NOT the amount of people able to vote (and who didnt vote)

Lets not get the discussion down to the simple level 

Agreed, and votes not cast are not counted as ‘the will of the people’.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Please try to argue the point made, not the poster.

And, FWIW, I was on the fence until after the referendum result was announced and the result ignored.

And now you got off the fence and blame this mess on anybody but those who voted for it.

10 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Good news. This will make Brexiteers go nuts again. I can already hear them

moan “betrayal” and post a collage of Internet memes. 

Yes unfortunately Brexit is getting boring now, like a Thai soap opera, it was funny in the beginning but now all the juice has gone.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

And, FWIW, I was on the fence until after the referendum result was announced and the result ignored.

I had never heard of Farage until he fell out of a helicopter and didn't pick up this 'Brexiter' baton until forced into it by the Recruiting Sergeants loitering in these pages.

After the results of last week it's clear I wasn't alone.

Thank you Team Remain! :clap2:

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And now you got off the fence and blame this mess on anybody but those who voted for it.

Interesting, given some who might have voted were disenfranchised by the '15 year' Malarky while others (that were never eligible in the first place) are deliberately creating an illusion to the contrary...

Edited by evadgib

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Only advisory, schmisery. You are still flogging another dead Remainer horse. The referendum was three years ago and we have had legislation passed through Parliament since then to ensure we Leave the EU:

1)      European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Act 2017

The Article 50 process start was delayed by Theresa May (and Gina Miller etc), but Parliament agreed we then had 2 years to Exit

2)      European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018

Legislated for our Exit and confirmed the date by 29th March 2019, No more Parliament decision is necessary, despite two extensions.

3)      European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill 2017–19

Merkel/May Surrender Treaty was kicked out three times already by both Remainers and Leavers. We are currently still stuck here, waiting to Exit without this trick pre-deal deal.

Get your Brexit blinkers off...

It is Brexit horse the is dead with Corbyn still trying to ride it. 

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You've only got to focus on where we are with the legislation. The referendum is done and won. Almost three years ago now, and the result was to Leave. Remainers have still not managed to kill off the Leave result, or the all important subsequent legislation.

Despite other runners and riders falling by the wayside, the Leave horse fortunately is slowly trotting towards No Deal!

I have to agree, but sometimes it feels like...

image.jpeg.379b1f7d78a309e82b01752ae9cf0a49.jpeg

thanks to the likes of Bercow & co.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You've only got to focus on where we are with the legislation. The referendum is done and won. Almost three years ago now, and the result was to Leave. Remainers have still not managed to kill off the Leave result, or the all important subsequent legislation.

Despite other runners and riders falling by the wayside, the Leave horse fortunately is slowly trotting towards No Deal!

400-160 said no to no deal.

Edited by Basil B

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Brexit isn't pizza. You can no more "deliver" Brexit than you can world peace.

Brexit is like a muddy field that stretches over the horizon. It will bog politicians down for generations, while the UK keeps on crumbling.

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

Brexit isn't pizza. You can no more "deliver" Brexit than you can world peace.

Brexit is like a muddy field that stretches over the horizon. It will bog politicians down for generations, while the UK keeps on crumbling.

We spent five years fighting in Europe in WW2 , this current campaign has only been going on for 3 years now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Only indicative therefore not important.

The Withdrawal Act is still the law and doesn't need a deal.

But do you really believe there exists a PM candidate who would actually take over the responsibility and put his name under a no-deal Brexit (and who would be voted in)? Unless most Brexiteers, those guys have something to lose. I would actually bet some money on this and donate it should I be wrong (I’m sure there would be a development fund to rebuild the UK after a no-deal suicide). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

But do you really believe there exists a PM candidate who would actually take over the responsibility and put his name under a no-deal Brexit (and who would be voted in)? Unless most Brexiteers, those guys have something to lose. I would actually bet some money on this and donate it should I be wrong (I’m sure there would be a development fund to rebuild the UK after a no-deal suicide). 

It doesn't have to be a PM candidate. If a deal has not been cobbled together and approved by October 31st Mr Macron will make the decision for us, because he has said he will not approve an extension and therefore we will be leaving with no deal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thailand said:

Sadly today it's a vote winner and with the current turmoil in British politics a general election is a great possibility later this year and this turd could be in number 10.

No way the Tories will call a  general election.  They know that would be the end for them.  As Hunt has said parliament will not let a no-deal Brexit through and that would trigger a GE.  That really scares the Conservatives and makes Johnson less likely unless he changes tack completely.  Of course with Boris that is very possible.

Corbyn has no choice but to back a second referendum as he tries to stop Labour losing even more ground.  The panic in the main two parties is astonishing and I have to say somewhat pleasing.  It is time for them to radically change their arrogant stance.  Neither party cares a jot about the country, only what benefits them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aright said:

It doesn't have to be a PM candidate. If a deal has not been cobbled together and approved by October 31st Mr Macron will make the decision for us, because he has said he will not approve an extension and therefore we will be leaving with no deal.

Macron blocking an extension is even less likely than finding a PM candidate who will put his name under a no-deal Brexit. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Before making a statement that has been skewed by the media and by polarised MPs e.g. ERG and DUP, have you read May's deal so that you can come to an independent opinion on the veracity of it?

Bearing in mind, the last parliament vote on her deal was pretty close, so the term 'nobody in the country wants' is untrue.  

Sorry for the late reply, we have journeyed to Rangsit for a bereavement on my wifes side.

The only reason the vote was so close is that nobody wanted to go through the rigmarole of an EU election, that went well didn't it. 

If ThaiVisa is anything to go by, remainers and leavers are hardly jubilant about Mays deal, it's time to regroup, rethink and back onto the offensive, not long to go now before we crash out.

• Like 1