Outstanding fines to block car registration renewal

snoop1130

As a side note, ever since our local post office became overwhelmed by online shopping a few years ago, they simply decided to stop delivering ordinary mail (envelopes). Not even registered mail gets through. So how am I supposed to get my fines?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Round sticker? What is that? I get a square paper as in the picture, which I have to fit behind a plastic sheet slightly larger and then try to stick onto the windshield. After a day or two it falls off and I have to repeat the whole process again. Then I take some alcohol to clean the damned spot where it goes and drink the rest naturally. After a month of this, it finally sticks for another year.

They sell some Doraemon, rillakuma and hello Kitty suction cup things to hold the registration in place. I have one rillakuma for the registration and one Doraemon for the military pass (Chiang Mai thing)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, OttoPollmann said:

just recently I have got two speeding tickets. No photos were attached to the tickets. The first one was from Chiang Mai for a white Ford Ranger and the second from Udon Thani for an Hino Lorry.
They got everything wrong, Brand of car, Number plate, colour, etc. I am just puzzled how they got my name and address.
One thing is for sure, I'll not pay for these tickets. Furthermore, they want to get for each 2000B. Normally it is 500B for speeding.

If these fines are realy, and I have some doubt, then these two lads will get some surprise at the time for renewing their registaration.

THEY got name out of the lucky dip box. Go make a police report lol

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

As a side note, ever since our local post office became overwhelmed by online shopping a few years ago, they simply decided to stop delivering ordinary mail (envelopes). Not even registered mail gets through. So how am I supposed to get my fines?

VIP bin service

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Ah, give them a break Sam, it is Thailand profesional news reporters do not exist in Thailand, only copy writers. Wonder if he put ROUND, because he could not spell SQUARE. 

Correct

1 hour ago, cracker1 said:

There needs to be some way to check for outstanding notices during the year instead of waiting for 12 months to find out what may be owing. Very hard to argue your case if the notice is 10 or 12 months old ?

Just keep your postal address up to date.

• Haha 1

Does anyone know if there is a system in place to check if you have any tickets outstanding.

In Saudi there was a system online where you registered with the ministry of interior using your id card. Everything was linked to that card, including your car details. You could not leave the country if you had outstanding fines so it was a good system to print out and take to the border at weekends.

Surely a simple database with car reg. numbers would work....

This has huge potential to be a total fiasco and a nice revenue earner for folks renewing registrations. I'm not sure that the new computer software will run entirely problem free if I look at what is happening in immigration where after many years one can still not do one's 90 day registration on-line. Indeed my local IO started using computers a few years back, then went back to paper for renewal of extension.

• Like 1

Pay traffic fines to get your licence renewal round sticker

By THE NATION

7bd5e3264e9caa8f76f9d58322e91953.jpeg

File photo

STARTING FROM October 1, vehicle owners must pay all traffic fines or be denied the right to secure the round stickers that prove they had their car-licence renewed.

Without these round stickers, they may have problems with traffic police while on the roads. 

920eebada6b55548e196c68022baa9f7.jpeg

Under the law, car licence registrations must be renewed on an annual basis. Stickers issued for the renewal must also be on prominent display in the vehicle.

Vehicle owners normally renew their vehicle licence registration without fail. But many have ignored traffic tickets issued by police.

This led police to seal a deal with the Land Transport Department (LTD) to link details about outstanding traffic fines to the system tracking car licence renewals.

“Our system is now linked with the traffic-fine database,” LTD deputy director-general Chantira Purutpat said yesterday. 

Contrary to previous reports that those with unpaid traffic tickets would not be able to renew their annual vehicle licence registration, Chantira explained that the renewal would still be allowed.

9ad3d5ce7168d736b6181a8526eec09d.jpeg

However, motorists with outstanding fines would not get the round stickers proving their renewal.

“If vehicle owners come for a renewal but refuse to pay the fines for pending traffic tickets, they will get only a temporary receipt for the renewal,” Chantira said. 

According to her, this receipt will be valid for just 30 days. 

After that, traffic police may arrest and fine people whose vehicles do not display the round stickers proving renewal of car-licences. The maximum fine for this offence is Bt2,000. 

Statistics show that 11 million traffic tickets were issued in 2018. Of them, 9.7 million were simply ignored, with no one coming forward to pay the fines. 

This year, a total of seven million traffic tickets have been issued so far. Of them, about 5.4 million tickets have been ignored to date. 

In a related development, an informed source revealed that the Land Traffic Act BE 2562, which was promulgated in the Royal Gazette last week, would introduce stricter legal measures for traffic-law enforcement by December 19. Among the upcoming measures is a system to reduce drivers’ points when they break traffic rules. Those losing too many points risk having their driving licence suspended or revoked.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30370238

thenation_logo.jpg

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

Round stickers?  Better check your eyesight ????

Yea.  But maybe the news reporter don't even own a vehicle...not really familiar with the registration sticker...he saw a bunch of round govt emblems on the sticker and decided to call it the round sticker.  The quality of Nation news reporting has always been weak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

I'd guess you'll get them when you go to tax your vehicle.