Monsoon rain warning issued for several provinces

webfact

Monsoon rain warning issued for several provinces

By The Nation

RAINS IMAGE.jpg

FILE photo

Residents of several provinces have been warned to brace themselves for heavy monsoon rains across the upper part of the country over the next couple of days.

The Meteorological Department said in an alert issued at 5am on Thursday that there is a monsoon trough across the North and the upper Northeast on Thursday and Friday.

The confluence of the southeasterly wind and the moderate southwest monsoon over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand will cause heavy rains in many parts of the country, the department said.

Many provinces in the North, the Northeast, the Central including Bangkok and its vicinity, the East and the upper South regions will face heavy rains.

Affected areas are:

Thursday

North: Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Nan, Phrae, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Tak, Kamphaeng Phet, Phitsanulok, Phichit and Phetchabun.

Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon,

Nakhon Phanom and Nakhon Ratchasima.

Central: Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Uthai Thani and Nakhon Sawan.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Chachoengsao, Prachin Buri, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Ranong and Phangnga.

Friday

North: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Tak and Kamphaeng.

Central: Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi and Uthai Thani.

East: Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Chumphon, Ranong and Phangnga.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370264

thenation_logo.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

Why is this even news. Rain in the rainy season.

Read the OP, this is different, people need to "to brace themselves" assume the position until further notice, thank you! ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

No worries, my wife will get the ladder out later and fix things.

You do realise they charge 10 baht for a second hand tile.

????

Just don't use your seasoned money to buy the new tile or you will not only get wet but you will get a wellington up you exhaust pipe as you leave

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

No worries, my wife will get the ladder out later and fix things.

You do realise they charge 10 baht for a second hand tile.

????

Make sure you send your wife by herself,if the secondhand tile sales person sees a white face all bets are of and you may face dual pricing.Just saying.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Make sure you send your wife by herself,if the secondhand tile sales person sees a white face all bets are of and you may face dual pricing.Just saying.

Good idea. I'll send her after she finishes scrubbing the door step and blackening the cooking range. Hope it's not raining by that time or not too dark.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Thursday

North: Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Nan, Phrae, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Tak, Kamphaeng Phet, Phitsanulok, Phichit and Phetchabun.

Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon,

Nakhon Phanom and Nakhon Ratchasima.

Central: Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Uthai Thani and Nakhon Sawan.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Chachoengsao, Prachin Buri, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Ranong and Phangnga.

Friday

North: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Tak and Kamphaeng.

Central: Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi and Uthai Thani.

East: Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Chumphon, Ranong and Phangnga.

That is indeed rain expected in "several" provinces. ???????? 

On 5/30/2019 at 12:03 PM, overherebc said:

Only for two tiles but I just need one. Might try gluing the broken one to keep as a spare.

What sort of tile ?  Monier or prestige I could probably do one for 8Bt. 

Bring it on. Had storm drains installed this year, could use a good stress test. Somchais digging the trenches thought I'm nuts. When they are drinking their laukhao in a flood up to armpits I shall sip on my gintonic and chuckle. Hah!