Daughter of Alzheimer's mum hits back at "keyboard warriors" - praises Philippines immigration

webfact

1 hour ago, jinners said:

. . .the Thai Immigration rules never changed. The embassy stopped issuing affidavits;

The rules were changed. 

Im starting to wonder how many of you even live here, and if so, if you’re on several years overstay.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One may or may not approve in the fact of putting the issue online, free for all to have their own idea.

But one must admit to make things move in Thailand, a petty post online can create strong social uproar that can lead policy makers or the authorities to act. In fact that seems the only way to get leniency in our lovely LOS...unfortunately,

So perhaps some who throw the ball at the lady, could benefit one day from new regulations thanks to her online report.

13 hours ago, jinners said:

. . .the Thai Immigration rules never changed. The embassy stopped issuing affidavits;

They along with other embassies stopped issuing the statements due to, yup the rules changing. Previously they were never asked to confirm the veracity of the statements for income. When that happened (from Thai immigration) most if not all of the requests for retirement stays or extensions using this means were ended. So how exactly was that not the 'fault due to changing rules' of the Thai immigration?

the Thais never changed the rules. . .affidavits from nations embassies who do a thourough background check are still allowed as proof of income. . . . 

The US, UK and AUS embassy never issued any statement which would indicate that the Thai Immigration changed their any of their rules.  What happened is that the Thai Ministry of the Interior told the Embassies of these four countries that they were not any longer willing to accept their lies about "incomes" of their citizens.  These embassies allowed their citizens to stick two fingers into the air and swear to a non-existent god and a book called "the Bible" that they had "this or that" income.  Let's call it what is is. The lady supporting her Mum had lied, too, about the fake income of her 

Alzheimer stricken Mom.

Thai Immigration NEVER changed their rules. All nations embassies except the four culprits are still allowed to issue income affidavits . . . so, no change!  No change . . they just asked you to stop lying 

There came changes in the upkeep of the 800,000 deposit , but they were not inflicted by Thai Immigration, as their 65,ooo per month rule for citizens of countries whose embassies still issue worthy income affidavits, are still accepted.

The only change is the one meber "Jingthing" mentioned. But these changes were not of any meaning to the daughter of the Alzheimer mother.  The daughter was implying that "changes" had forced her, but this is a lie.  She lied about the income of her mother in the first place. and was surprised by the uncovering of the lie when Immigration pointed out that her "sweared-on" affidavit was untrue

I would like to add that the subject leaves me with a stale taste in my mouth. I pity the mother . . she has deserved the best of all care. And i am in no ways critizing the daughter . . .she did what all of us would do to help her Mom.  She was offered the "thai-Style" out of the problem (a payment of less than 500 USD) and she decided to let the opportunity pass.  You living in your countrie's cushioned cloud protected by anti-corruption laws can put the blame on Thailand's authorities, but you forget what you are living for

Many, many,  people world wide have come to Thailand in good faith, unfortunately that hasn't always been the same response from Thailand, as found out there are far more better options else where, having friends in Manila, I'm told,  immigration for a married person, all you do is fill in your application on arrival and come back in twelve months for another, how easy is that, for me although more expensive to live , all I need is a business visa for six months and then can apply for a residency visa in Singapore, what Thailand is trying to prove is any body's guess , as people will move away from the traditional and try something new.    

On 6/2/2019 at 11:24 AM, Jingthing said:

Thai immigration rules have changed.
For income based without letter the new rules are onerous.
For 800k bank method the seasoning rules have been expanded to the entire year. Onerous.
For combo method the enforcement rules are very unclear now even if accepted at all. Onerous and confusing.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I know and agree, this comment was in response to an earlier comment which is the first statement in my post

I am a bit confused,if i understand correct she will leave her mum in the PI and then return to Thailand to continue Working for animal rescue is that correct ? Questions are is it a charity that pays her i.e lives off charity ,does she have a work visa,if not what kind of visa, or is it for free i.e voluntary, just asking.????

On 6/4/2019 at 8:15 AM, brianthainess said:

I am a bit confused,if i understand correct she will leave her mum in the PI and then return to Thailand to continue Working for animal rescue is that correct ? Questions are is it a charity that pays her i.e lives off charity ,does she have a work visa,if not what kind of visa, or is it for free i.e voluntary, just asking.????

I don't get paid for volunteering in animal rescue. Hence why it is called, "volunteer" work. 

1 hour ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I don't get paid for volunteering in animal rescue. Hence why it is called, "volunteer" work. 

You would need a 1 year Non O volunteer visa.  

On 5/31/2019 at 5:45 AM, smedly said:

Move on honey

I cannot imagine I would ever put my mother on a center social media stage for anything 

there were actually solutions to your situation if you had asked the right people

you are saying you are seriously pissed off with Thailand and yet you still choose to live here and ship your mother off to another country - sorry but ……………………..am I stating the obvious here...…………..your mum would have been better in Thailand as a dependent  spouse - for baht85k you could have hired a team to look after her in Thailand instead of dumping her to another country - am I missing something   

with respect - Just as well your mother has no clue what is going on

I feel that bringing this to light will help others in the future, so I'm going for it. If my Mom's journey helps others, I know she would be proud. I realize that the article could in no way cover what we have been through, but we did have Mom in our home with carers on Samui as long as we could. Being able to keep her from escaping in the middle of the night, and finding carers that were reliable and could speak English on a level she could understand, proved to be impossible. We also did check into the dependent option (which, surprisingly most of the immigration officers had no idea what that was). Anyway, in order to qualify, she has to live with us and we have to provide solid proof that she does to qualify. 
After this move, I have had the opportunity to watch the new carers in the PI without them knowing, and have spent a lot of time there. I feel they are far better trained, and (wait for it) .... they are NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE CELL PHONES AT WORK! What a concept! The carers' entire focus are on the residents at all times. While the aesthetics of facility ARE nice, but not to the degree as CM ... the staff is superior. And that is what counts, because Mom doesn't pay attention to or notice her surroundings.
All is well .. and we have #NoRegrets in bringing her to Asia. Far far better than the lack of options and care for US citizens in their own country.

On 6/1/2019 at 7:24 AM, Skallywag said:

I cannot believe she was spending over $2,700 USD (86,000) a month for care here in TH. 

Also where did she get that kind of money for 15 years! SS disability would pay maybe $1500 a month

Also seems very odd as almost all people afflicted with alzheimer do not live over 10 years.  

15 years means she likely does not speak or walk anymore and is unaware of who anyone is at this point

Good luck to her in PI.  

My Mom had Alzheimer's for 15 years, but we didn't know that until about 10 years ago. When we discovered she was not able to care for herself, we bought her a house 5 minutes away from us. She could be independent but we were a stone's throw away. I prepared all of her meals, and was with her as much as possible.
She had early onset Alzheimer's, and we are honestly surprised she has made it this long too. She is currently in stage 6 of the disease. She speaks, but hard to comprehend. She walks with assistance and feeds herself too! Messy .. but it works. Her memory is maybe 1 second on a good day, and she behaves like a 2 year old. 
Her social security does go towards her care, but it is not anywhere near $1500 per month. She was a housewife for most of her life, and her SS payments are dismal, but at least helpful.

1 hour ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I feel that bringing this to light will help others in the future, so I'm going for it. If my Mom's journey helps others, I know she would be proud. I realize that the article could in no way cover what we have been through, but we did have Mom in our home with carers on Samui as long as we could. Being able to keep her from escaping in the middle of the night, and finding carers that were reliable and could speak English on a level she could understand, proved to be impossible. We also did check into the dependent option (which, surprisingly most of the immigration officers had no idea what that was). Anyway, in order to qualify, she has to live with us and we have to provide solid proof that she does to qualify. 
After this move, I have had the opportunity to watch the new carers in the PI without them knowing, and have spent a lot of time there. I feel they are far better trained, and (wait for it) .... they are NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE CELL PHONES AT WORK! What a concept! The carers' entire focus are on the residents at all times. While the aesthetics of facility ARE nice, but not to the degree as CM ... the staff is superior. And that is what counts, because Mom doesn't pay attention to or notice her surroundings.
All is well .. and we have #NoRegrets in bringing her to Asia. Far far better than the lack of options and care for US citizens in their own country.

fair enough

sometimes Thai Immigration could do with a dose of common sense when something obvious is staring them in the face

hope everything works out going forward

best regards

On 6/2/2019 at 11:13 PM, crazygreg44 said:

the Thais never changed the rules. . .affidavits from nations embassies who do a thourough background check are still allowed as proof of income. . . . 

The US, UK and AUS embassy never issued any statement which would indicate that the Thai Immigration changed their any of their rules.  What happened is that the Thai Ministry of the Interior told the Embassies of these four countries that they were not any longer willing to accept their lies about "incomes" of their citizens.  These embassies allowed their citizens to stick two fingers into the air and swear to a non-existent god and a book called "the Bible" that they had "this or that" income.  Let's call it what is is. The lady supporting her Mum had lied, too, about the fake income of her 

Alzheimer stricken Mom.

Thai Immigration NEVER changed their rules. All nations embassies except the four culprits are still allowed to issue income affidavits . . . so, no change!  No change . . they just asked you to stop lying 

There came changes in the upkeep of the 800,000 deposit , but they were not inflicted by Thai Immigration, as their 65,ooo per month rule for citizens of countries whose embassies still issue worthy income affidavits, are still accepted.

The only change is the one meber "Jingthing" mentioned. But these changes were not of any meaning to the daughter of the Alzheimer mother.  The daughter was implying that "changes" had forced her, but this is a lie.  She lied about the income of her mother in the first place. and was surprised by the uncovering of the lie when Immigration pointed out that her "sweared-on" affidavit was untrue

I would like to add that the subject leaves me with a stale taste in my mouth. I pity the mother . . she has deserved the best of all care. And i am in no ways critizing the daughter . . .she did what all of us would do to help her Mom.  She was offered the "thai-Style" out of the problem (a payment of less than 500 USD) and she decided to let the opportunity pass.  You living in your countrie's cushioned cloud protected by anti-corruption laws can put the blame on Thailand's authorities, but you forget what you are living for

I'm sorry crazy Greg, but that is a very confusing post. If before the thai officials happily accepted the statement from the embassies, as they did with mine, and then decided they needed a proof of funds they were confirming as being true, that means a change. Surely you must see that?

Who says they were all mad eup? You are getting in a heated state that they were all lies. My statement wasn't and I'm sure there are many others that had genuine statements that the embassies rubber stamped. Why would you say they are all lying and that the (none) change is justified?

Confused.

Archived