Daughter of Alzheimer's mum hits back at "keyboard warriors" - praises Philippines immigration

webfact

Harsh words but the Thai Government should be ashamed of themselves. To most foreigners it's no surprise. If you have lived in this country along time one realises how the Thais treat foreigner's as second class citizens. It's the same with how the Thais treat neighbouring countries. Most Burmese, Cambodians etc really ccan't stand the Thais. They have something inside them that thinks they are better than everyone else. Take driving for example, have you ever seen a culture behave like they do on the roads? They just don't care about anyone but themselves. People are wising up about living in the so called land of smiles"

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Hmmm I think living in one country and putting your very sick mother in another to save a few quid qualifies as ‘dumping’

Would you do it ? 

No,

I wouldn't and couldn't.

5 minutes ago, jamesagar said:

Do me a favour please Faraday. Read the national anthem in English and then you will begin to undertsand why the Thais behave like they do. All the best  

Read any national anthem in English and in most you will see patriotism that some will see as racism.

The Philippines probably is a good option for her mother, though I think I'd want to join her there and guess they may. Thailand is pretty great, Thai immigration has always been fair to me but by the book, so I can see where they may not have had any legal options here. Reading some of the posts here has made the PI tempting to me, I just think their retirement options are more painful than Thailand's, though I have an honorable discharge from the U.S. military and have seen that makes it easier plus it seems like the extended tourist thing for three years is a whole lot easier than here, plus my ex (though we are still married) is Filipino and have a whole extended family there. Anyway I wish this family luck, though I think they should consider joining the mom there, though that's just my perspective. My parents are both long gone and also my younger brothers, wish I could still spend time with them... Once they're gone you don't have that chance any more...

7 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

"The Atlanta native said she was not angry with Thai immigration - the family just couldn't keep their mother here when the rules changed"

. . .the Thai Immigration rules never changed.

It was the U.S. Embassy that stopped issueing "Income Affidavits" for the 86,000 THB she paid monthly for her Mum's care home. Actually the Embassy had in the meantime lied on her behalf - the payments were in no way any "income" of her Mum. She even mentioned this hard fact in her first statement, but this got snowed under in all the following comments.  

Personally I had wished for a solution offered by an Immigration Boss, because they are entitled to be lenient with some individual cases, and that sadly never happened

Why change the rules when it was apparently much easier to persuade the (was it 3?) embassies to change their policy regarding affidavits. 
The embassy certainly did not lie on her behalf, or on the behalf of anyone else. All it does is witness and notarized sworn affidavits. If notaries had to swear to the truth of statements they notarized, they would all be in jail!   There is an assumption there there has been widespread perjury by falang, but so far as I know, no one has been formally accused, let alone convicted in a crime in connection with the affidavits. 

1 hour ago, jessebkk1 said:

- And my findings simply is that they (Most) are not foreigners rather thai citizens who speak english, and are claiming  to be foreigners to mislead or create an existence which does not exist in thailand. We have them too back in America, those who'd be against anyone who says/suggests anything considered negative to the US. So again, some of these posters are locals who have watched some foreigners mock their country/culture online and a great payback moment is when a foreigner is thrown out of the country. I do hope this makes some sense of it all to you.

Yes so many peoples Thai, fakes foreigners pollute this forum Thaivisa, you have to raise a real problem, this forum loss credibility if you know this. Not loss your precious time for replay but drink a beer and relax

Look noone is vile. So you undertand who i am.. i have been happily married to my Thai wife for 23 years. I have a daaghter who is 10. We are generally happy people. Lots of things i love about Thailand. But in the last 5 years or so things have changed for foreigners and that's why many have left and will be leaving. Immigration and the rules are completely outdated for people like me me and my family living in this country peacefully and happily. Even my wife agrees. Can you imagine any other country asking a foreigner in such a situation to report every 90 days for 20 years to check if we are still a decent family? Come on, it's really unacceptable. The rules have to change.   

1 hour ago, James Powell said:

Glad to hear that.  I am sick and tired of hearing this shit from farang in Ubon, and online isn't any better.  To paraphrase what we say in my country, "Thailand...love or leave it!"  Personally, I just love it.  If you do not, you really should consider packing your bags for Singapore or back home.  I lived in England two years, dismal weather, dismal people, horrible food.

Yeah. But what if he doesn't, as you say, "love it" in the place he goes to????  I guess his only choice then is to keep moving on or kill himself! Surely, in the 21st Century, Please Gawd!  no one is required to view the world in such a rigid, black and white frame as "love it or leave it!"

6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

we are not wanted here and a whole lot of people are now understanding that; thais want our money but they do not want us livng here

Rubbish

On 5/29/2019 at 10:42 AM, from the home of CC said:

If you've never experienced it in 20 yrs why would say 'Thai hostility is maybe a world wide trend now'? And how long has this been 'trending'? Get rid of the mongrel and maybe you won't piss off so many people.

This story is odd in many ways, not the least of which is that it has little to do with the actions of the Thai government but a lot to do with the actions of the US embassy.

I think Thailand needs to address the immigration problems quickly. Many people who have decided to make Thailand home have run into many games and scams govt is pulling. People have invested money in Thailand. And yes outside money in Thailand does contribute greatly to Thailands economy don't say it's not so. Philippines, Vietnam,  other areas outside of thailand who want expats money will gain. I'm having second thoughts about thailand. Hell you can't even own property here what a crock 

7 hours ago, smedly said:

Move on honey

I cannot imagine I would ever put my mother on a center social media stage for anything 

there were actually solutions to your situation if you had asked the right people

you are saying you are seriously pissed off with Thailand and yet you still choose to live here and ship your mother off to another country - sorry but ……………………..am I stating the obvious here...…………..your mum would have been better in Thailand as a dependent  spouse - for baht85k you could have hired a team to look after her in Thailand instead of dumping her to another country - am I missing something   

with respect - Just as well your mother has no clue what is going on

Pissed off with Thailand about sums it all up

10 minutes ago, jamesagar said:

Look noone is vile. So you undertand who i am.. i have been happily married to my Thai wife for 23 years. I have a daaghter who is 10. We are generally happy people. Lots of things i love about Thailand. But in the last 5 years or so things have changed for foreigners and that's why many have left and will be leaving. Immigration and the rules are completely outdated for people like me me and my family living in this country peacefully and happily. Even my wife agrees. Can you imagine any other country asking a foreigner in such a situation to report every 90 days for 20 years to check if we are still a decent family? Come on, it's really unacceptable. The rules have to change.   

The reason for the reports to the police is clearly to keep foreigners in check, being considered dangerous for Thai society, knowing where we are every moment and how to be considered prisoners on probation, and what is usually done with delinquents in our  western countries .
Obviously one day will come when we will have to carry an electronic bracelet or an electronic microchip in a magnificent Rolex watch

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Great place the Philippines, they don't force the old and the sick to comply with silly rules.

Thailand immigration are a nightmare, this lady is better off in a country that has flexibility and compassion towards foreigners.

I wish well for the lady's elderly mother... and wish a few more people around these parts had even a modicum of compassion and empathy...

As for the Phils, it would be interesting to know what's going to happen with the lady's mother when her initial 3 years is done.  Will PH Immigration force her to leave the country in order to start a new 3 year clock? Or will they recognize she had health/travel issues, especially 3 years on down the line, and make some kind of accommodation?

One of the really BAD things about Thai Immigration, as has been recounted in many past threads here, is their propensity to heartlessness in dealing with the elderly and ill... Requiring folks in wheelchairs and even bed-ridden folks to be trooped down to the local Immigration office for in-person processing. Denial of medical exemptions, etc etc...

Not saying that happens at every Immigration Office here. But it certainly happens at enough of them to be disgraceful.

2 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

And my findings simply is that they (Most) are not foreigners rather thai citizens who speak english, and are claiming  to be foreigners to mislead or create an existence which does not exist in thailand.

Your "findings?"  It's pretty clear you just made that up.  To suggests that most of the people on TV are Thai's pretending to be foreigners is just asinine.  It's pretty bad when you have to make up stuff because facts simply don't support your Thai-hating views.

19 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

From what I recall most of the negative comments here were directed at Thai Immigration policy rather than the daughter. Not sure what got her knickers in a twist.

I recall a lot of comments basically calling her a liar and claiming nothing had changed with Thai Immigration, and it was all some kind of stunt she was pulling...  Pretty sad and miserable.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

Move on honey

I cannot imagine I would ever put my mother on a center social media stage for anything 

there were actually solutions to your situation if you had asked the right people

you are saying you are seriously pissed off with Thailand and yet you still choose to live here and ship your mother off to another country - sorry but ……………………..am I stating the obvious here...…………..your mum would have been better in Thailand as a dependent  spouse - for baht85k you could have hired a team to look after her in Thailand instead of dumping her to another country - am I missing something   

with respect - Just as well your mother has no clue what is going on

With respect unless you have cared for a person with dementia full time your opinion means nothing warrior.

Like many of us had we known 2 years ago about this situation she could still be here.

I think it is a hidden "bitch" about Thailand which is unfair as they did not do their homework 

& took the easy way out. I hope "Mum" spends her last days Happy

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

we are not wanted here and a whole lot of people are now understanding that; thais want our money but they do not want us livng here

You mind if I snag this and use it as a signature?

3 hours ago, James Powell said:

I don't know which is more "horrific"...heat and smog or 9 months of snow, going many times as cold as -40 C.  I would choose the former, but to each his own, right?

9 months of snow will NOT damage your lungs or your health, infact, it is healthier.  Chiang Mai's smog will destroy you or contribute to your death, but like your said it is your choice.

10 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

"The Atlanta native said she was not angry with Thai immigration - the family just couldn't keep their mother here when the rules changed"

. . .the Thai Immigration rules never changed.

It was the U.S. Embassy that stopped issueing "Income Affidavits" for the 86,000 THB she paid monthly for her Mum's care home. Actually the Embassy had in the meantime lied on her behalf - the payments were in no way any "income" of her Mum. She even mentioned this hard fact in her first statement, but this got snowed under in all the following comments.  

Personally I had wished for a solution offered by an Immigration Boss, because they are entitled to be lenient with some individual cases, and that sadly never happened

The Thai Immigration rules DID change! Prior to "Big Joke"'s appointment the requirement was a Proof of Income letter from your Embassy OR 800,000 baht deposited in a Thai bank and left untouched for 3 months prior to the date of application for a visa/extension. Then Immigration insisted that the Proof of Income letter was verified (they didn't ask for that before) and then they changed the rules by stating that the 800,000 baht requirement not only had to be in for 3 months BEFORE the extension -  it had to be left in the bank untouched for  a FURTHER 3 months AFTER the extension, and then only 400,000 baht could be taken out - the remaining 400,000 baht to be left in there permanently. (There is also the 65,000 baht a month deposited in a Thai bank for 12 months prior to the application option, and in the case of being married to a Thai national the above requirements are reduced by app 50%))

"But this got snowed under in all the following comments"             

4 hours ago, cnx355 said:

Apparently ! The Danish Embassy will give the income letter only to those citizen  that have a Danish government pension at they can verify this.

Not correct.

If we on a pension, The pension company send a mail with all the infomation to the Danish Embassy secure E-mail.
That document the Danish Embassy stamp and write the words "Document confirmed genuine" on it.

Then our Embassy tell us, This is NOT the same as a income letter, We might or might not be able to use it for a extension.
It is up to the Immigration where we live.

I was in Vietnam for a new NoN O single Married, On 7 May.
When they ask for proof of money, They ask for income letter, Bank statement or money in the bank.
I first gave then the new document my social pension have send to the Danish Embassy, That they have stamp on.
This was turn down as it was NOT a income letter, Like my Embassy have told me it is not.
But i got my Visa by showing them 5 month of Bank statement.

So now i have to wait and see on 12 July what my Immigration office say to this new Document, When i apply for a 1 year Extension.

I read on the Danish / Thai forum that some have use it, So i do have a small hope that i can use it all so.

Kindly.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

3 x 800,000 baht per annum to keep her, her mum and husband here is a big chunk in anyone's language

it is only two times, not three times.  Of the married couple, one of them can go piggyback on the Extension of the spouse

3 hours ago, jamesagar said:

Harsh words but the Thai Government should be ashamed of themselves. To most foreigners it's no surprise. If you have lived in this country along time one realises how the Thais treat foreigner's as second class citizens. It's the same with how the Thais treat neighbouring countries. Most Burmese, Cambodians etc really ccan't stand the Thais. They have something inside them that thinks they are better than everyone else. Take driving for example, have you ever seen a culture behave like they do on the roads? They just don't care about anyone but themselves. People are wising up about living in the so called land of smiles"

HUH, Not only the roads, Thais at will drive on side walks and take you right out.  If you're strong enough to stand up and have a go at them after, they will destroy you.

Archived