Daughter of Alzheimer's mum hits back at "keyboard warriors" - praises Philippines immigration

webfact

7 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

it is only two times, not three times.  Of the married couple, one of them can go piggyback on the Extension of the spouse

mom can also piggyback on the extension of their child.

or they could have just paid an agent 25k and not needed any financials at all.

There are many holes in the original story.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

mom can also piggyback on the extension of their child.

nothing was written that indicated the daughter ever tried to solve Mum's issue that way.  She could have paid an agent for support.  I still can't believe in the "inflexibility" of the Immigration in this matter. In Thailand most people ARE flexible and know how to improvise  

9 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

it is only two times, not three times.  Of the married couple, one of them can go piggyback on the Extension of the spouse

Thanks for clarifying that, learn something everyday.

Still a big wack for most i.e. 2.116,000 baht plus living costs for 6 months.

11 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

Alzheimer's patient forced out of Thailand: 

This headline was probably the source of the negative backlash because it implies that she was forcibly removed by Immigration in some sort of callous and heartless fashion  as opposed to the actual family decision to make better arrangements for her care.  A fair and true statement: 

Alzheimer's patient relocates to the Philippines due to financial constraints

Would have been received with a completely different overall response and there certainly would have been an outpouring of well wishes and congratulations on your success in finding a solution to your dilemma .  

Fully agree

2 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

They were always going to pull the rug from under some people.

There are warnings about what they are like and what would eventually happen going back on here 15 years!

Ego driven lunatics that will fall soon. 

2 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

On a related topic I just got a call from a friend that was refused entry after a visa run to Cambo this afternoon.

"Too many stamps" and "No visa" were the reasons apparently. 

He's on his way back to Cambo now.

To many Muppets and bored. Happy to destroy the economy 

2 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

The reason for the reports to the police is clearly to keep foreigners in check, being considered dangerous for Thai society, knowing where we are every moment and how to be considered prisoners on probation, and what is usually done with delinquents in our  western countries .
Obviously one day will come when we will have to carry an electronic bracelet or an electronic microchip in a magnificent Rolex watch

Thailand 4.0 was a lie. One of many

10 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

"The Atlanta native said she was not angry with Thai immigration - the family just couldn't keep their mother here when the rules changed"

. . .the Thai Immigration rules never changed.

It was the U.S. Embassy that stopped issueing "Income Affidavits" for the 86,000 THB she paid monthly for her Mum's care home. Actually the Embassy had in the meantime lied on her behalf - the payments were in no way any "income" of her Mum. She even mentioned this hard fact in her first statement, but this got snowed under in all the following comments.  

Personally I had wished for a solution offered by an Immigration Boss, because they are entitled to be lenient with some individual cases, and that sadly never happened

THEY dislike farang. ONLY want to scam cash

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No,

You can just rock up to the Philippines and stay for 3 years without leaving. Then you have to leave for one night and can stay another 3 years. You just hand your passport to an agent and they will process the extensions every 2 or 3 months and never need to see immigration during that time. About $300/year. Friend of a friend was elderly and a bit unsteady, so he went along to immigration near the end of his 3 year stay and told them he was a bit worried about the night away, they said "no problem sir, we'll just make a note in your passport that you don't need to leave, and you can stay another 3 years".

Great place the Philippines, they don't force the old and the sick to comply with silly rules.

Thailand immigration are a nightmare, this lady is better off in a country that has flexibility and compassion towards foreigners.

My best mate is a Aussie boxing promoter and mates with Pacquaio. HE has choice words about the two comparisons which can't be voiced here lol. Although he just won the WBC promoter of the year in BKK. Never promoted a day here. He loves Phill. 

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

read what this lady has stated here she lied about the income when she could get a letter from the embassy

THIS is the crucial part, for which the daughter deserved all the blame & shame of "keyboard warriors".

She lied about a fake "income" and the U.S. Embassy followed step.

She actually has asked for the problems which arose, in the first place. 

Only when thinking about her Mum and her situation, we can grasp the sadness about this affair. However I am still convinced that some flexibility on the side of the daughter and some agent support would have solved the issue with Immigration

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wish well for the lady's elderly mother... and wish a few more people around these parts had even a modicum of compassion and empathy...

As for the Phils, it would be interesting to know what's going to happen with the lady's mother when her initial 3 years is done.  Will PH Immigration force her to leave the country in order to start a new 3 year clock? Or will they recognize she had health/travel issues, especially 3 years on down the line, and make some kind of accommodation?

One of the really BAD things about Thai Immigration, as has been recounted in many past threads here, is their propensity to heartlessness in dealing with the elderly and ill... Requiring folks in wheelchairs and even bed-ridden folks to be trooped down to the local Immigration office for in-person processing. Denial of medical exemptions, etc etc...

Not saying that happens at every Immigration Office here. But it certainly happens at enough of them to be disgraceful.

THEY will not force her no

10 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

"The Atlanta native said she was not angry with Thai immigration - the family just couldn't keep their mother here when the rules changed"

. . .the Thai Immigration rules never changed.

It was the U.S. Embassy that stopped issueing "Income Affidavits" for the 86,000 THB she paid monthly for her Mum's care home. Actually the Embassy had in the meantime lied on her behalf - the payments were in no way any "income" of her Mum. She even mentioned this hard fact in her first statement, but this got snowed under in all the following comments.  

Personally I had wished for a solution offered by an Immigration Boss, because they are entitled to be lenient with some individual cases, and that sadly never happened

It was the Thais that pressured the embassy and you can still get a letter by force they can't refuse you. But IMO won't accept it simple 

10 hours ago, smedly said:

Move on honey

I cannot imagine I would ever put my mother on a center social media stage for anything 

there were actually solutions to your situation if you had asked the right people

you are saying you are seriously pissed off with Thailand and yet you still choose to live here and ship your mother off to another country - sorry but ……………………..am I stating the obvious here...…………..your mum would have been better in Thailand as a dependent  spouse - for baht85k you could have hired a team to look after her in Thailand instead of dumping her to another country - am I missing something   

with respect - Just as well your mother has no clue what is going on

No expose there bad manner its good

39 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

I was under the impression that the daughter was working at an animal shelter, as it was mentioned in the first post.

If this was the case then she should already have a visa, so with a piggyback only one to cover.

4 hours ago, jamesagar said:

Harsh words but the Thai Government should be ashamed of themselves. To most foreigners it's no surprise. If you have lived in this country along time one realises how the Thais treat foreigner's as second class citizens. It's the same with how the Thais treat neighbouring countries. Most Burmese, Cambodians etc really ccan't stand the Thais. They have something inside them that thinks they are better than everyone else. Take driving for example, have you ever seen a culture behave like they do on the roads? They just don't care about anyone but themselves. People are wising up about living in the so called land of smiles"

At the "top" they are "full of themselves".

Proud of their "non-colonialisation".

But not so proud of the fact that they had to hand over (to whitey) large chunks of the Siamese Empire and its Suzeranity in order to maintain their "independence".

Proud that they did not surrender to the Japanese.

Of course they didn't surrender, the "management" tokenly sacrificed some cannon fodder, arranged an armistice and then got on with the business of........collaboration.

Collaboration in aggressive war.

Collaboration in war crimes perpetrated upon Allied prisoners of war.

And they got away with it.

Nobody was punished, the head of their collaborationist government returned as PM after WW2 ended.

They've finally killed what remained of their Democratic revolution, the old order is back on top.......with a vengeance.

No external agency can touch them.

Boy, are they going to have fun with whitey now.

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

The bottom line; Thailand lost 86,000 a month because no one in authority has a brain.  The country will continue to lose money to neighbours until jobs are awarded on merit not family connections.

YES

20 minutes ago, Tajasia said:

It was the Thais that pressured the embassy and you can still get a letter by force they can't refuse you. But IMO won't accept it simple 

It was the Embassy that held the door wide open for their citizens to LIE about their actual income. If Thai immigration pressured the Embassy to stop this, they were within their rights.

So even if your remark was true . . . . . it still would not constitute the daughters 86,000 THB home care payments being official "monthly income" of her Mum

However, like many posters indicated : she could have solved this apparent problem with some more "grease", be it via an agent or by talking with an official

Actually, the "monthly income" rule now only says, that a minimum of 65,000 THB have to be transferred to a Thai bank account in the name of (Mum) from a foreign account, every month, for 12 months.  The daughter apparently and simply wasn't able to organize this

8 hours ago, ezflip said:

I still don't understand what "Alzheimer" and "Thai Immigration" have to do with each other. Someone suffering from Alzheimer will not get a free pass from immigration, right? So why the screaming headlines about an Alzheimer patient being forced out of Thailand? The two have nothing to do with each other.

Don't get me wrong. I sympathize with the daughter as I, myself, left Thailand to take care of my step-father who is also suffering from Alzheimer. But I would never use his ailment of as a mean to vent my frustration at a situation that is not to my liking.

Because it is a win and wearable gesture from the Philippines. I also liked the elections lol

10 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

I thought that the thread was rather putrid,lacking either compassion or grace on the part of some posters and she is certainly quite correct in her description of "keyboard warriors".They are what they are.

Far,far, too many smug little foreign kapo's in Thailand.

Thanks

3 hours ago, jamesagar said:

Look noone is vile. So you undertand who i am.. i have been happily married to my Thai wife for 23 years. I have a daaghter who is 10. We are generally happy people. Lots of things i love about Thailand. But in the last 5 years or so things have changed for foreigners and that's why many have left and will be leaving. Immigration and the rules are completely outdated for people like me me and my family living in this country peacefully and happily. Even my wife agrees. Can you imagine any other country asking a foreigner in such a situation to report every 90 days for 20 years to check if we are still a decent family? Come on, it's really unacceptable. The rules have to change.   

i agree the rules are onerous, and I can relate being married to a Thai for 17 years. Trouble is there is a segment of people who seem to take pride in breaking the law and scamming the rules. Unfortunately we all pay and the rules will continue to be enforced and tweaked as long as there are people here that think they are owed the right to be here.

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

i agree the rules are onerous, and I can relate being married to a Thai for 17 years. Trouble is there is a segment of people who seem to take pride in breaking the law and scamming the rules. Unfortunately we all pay and the rules will continue to be enforced and tweaked as long as there are people here that think they are owed the right to be here.

Yawn yawn lol

7 minutes ago, Tajasia said:
9 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Yawn yawn lol

well, if the shoe fits...

11 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

“She has to renew every 6 months, and can keep doing that for up to 36 months, at which point, she can pay for a "card" (about 3000 pesos). I still need more details about the card. Bottom line .. she will be able to stay here as long as she lives".”

So the mother now has a 3 year Visa that can be renewed every 6 months?  The “Card” she is talking is about is an ACR card.  I did not know such a PI visa existed and did not have financial or income requirements.  If what she claims is true then I might be there next year when I Extension expires?  

I do know of many foreigners who are on the Tourist Visa Extension scheme that can last for 36 months.  After the 36 months a “Visa Run” has to be executed and then the 36 month cycle can be begin again.  Tourist Visa’s in the PI can be extended for 1 to 2 months?  These foreigners in the PI that I know of normally go to Immigration up to 5 times a year for Tourist Visa extensions.  

A lot of truth but the first extension is one month and the second one is two months and after that you can renew for six months until you reach the 3 years at which time you must leave the country or convert your visa. 

There is a visa for long term ill on compassionate grounds, I am unaware of the details. 

Phils resident for five years with travel. 

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

The bottom line; Thailand lost 86,000 a month because no one in authority has a brain.  The country will continue to lose money to neighbours until jobs are awarded on merit not family connections.

And 10 more Chinese coming will more then make up for it so no one cares.

Archived