Daughter of Alzheimer's mum hits back at "keyboard warriors" - praises Philippines immigration

webfact

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her Daughter is ABSOLUTELY correct about Keyboard Commandos and T V has more than an ample aount.

I picture them as grossly overweight souls with most being from the same 2 countries.

Sitting in their 2000 BHAT a month rooms on Soi Bukhao drinking 7-11 cheapest beer because they are too cheap and cant afford to go to a bar because they are here trying to survive on 300 BHAT a day.

I wish the absolute best of luck to her and her Mom.

2449DD6E-C5F9-428F-92AE-BAAE2B66EAD5.jpeg

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

we are not wanted here and a whole lot of people are now understanding that; thais want our money but they do not want us livng here

I got some of this attitude last August for sure!  And I have gotten a warm welcome from some Thais on previous trips.  We can put an absolute on either attitude, as both good and bad attitudes are out there.  I think there are welcoming people here, and I think the drunken sex tourist has damaged reputations over the years as well...  

I am going back in six days....will see how it goes...

6 minutes ago, James Powell said:

Unlike my  country, you know what it doesn't have?  Weekly school shootings, police murders of black people, angry, frowning resentful populace, horrific weather (in the north)

Just had four months of the most 'horrific weather' imaginable in Chiang Mai, could hardly breath.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Just had four months of the most 'horrific weather' imaginable in Chiang Mai, could hardly breath.

I don't know which is more "horrific"...heat and smog or 9 months of snow, going many times as cold as -40 C.  I would choose the former, but to each his own, right?

Thailand is a mess now, crumbling infrastructure, pollution, suicidal drivers, unsafe vehicles, violent males, immigration. police that do not enforce traffic laws, and lower class nerdy farangs who can't get a decent woman back home.  and they have the temerity to demand money in the bank?  for what? are they a first world democratic country?  can you have a open and intelligent conversation with anyone?

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Didn't take you many posts to get on my ignore list.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Didn't take you many posts to get on my ignore list.

Glad to hear that.  I am sick and tired of hearing this shit from farang in Ubon, and online isn't any better.  To paraphrase what we say in my country, "Thailand...love or leave it!"  Personally, I just love it.  If you do not, you really should consider packing your bags for Singapore or back home.  I lived in England two years, dismal weather, dismal people, horrible food.

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Some of the hostility expressed surprised me as well. I think that talking about caring for an infirm parent can sometimes trigger a lot of negative emotions in people. People feel guilty for not being there when they were needed. There's resentment towards others who maybe didn't help out as much as they might have, but also resentment towards the caregiver who was there because it makes those who weren't feel guilty. That's my guess about what was behind some of the hostility directed towards the daughter.

Also the realization that they won’t have someone to care for them in the same way. Lots of emotional redirecting going on.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Philippines immigration are happy to make exceptions.

Why do you think Thai immigration shouldn't show, sympathy, compassion or understanding for an elderly person?

Because Thailand does not want to set a precedence of being a dumping ground for all the terminally ill patients of the Western world? If only US could cover this patients medical expenses through medicare/medicaid to which she has contributed her whole life instead of usurping all her lifelong contributions when she needs it most. No, US will not do that because that's against the rules. No coverage allowed outside US even though it costs much less for treatment abroad. Where is the compassion, sympathy, understanding for the elderly whom US has milked for decades?

8 minutes ago, malibukid said:

Thailand is a mess now, crumbling infrastructure, pollution, suicidal drivers, unsafe vehicles, violent males, immigration. police that do not enforce traffic laws, and nerdy farangs who can't get a decent woman back home.  and they have the temerity to demand money in the bank?  for what? are they a first world democratic country?  can you have a open and intelligent conversation with anyone?

Nerdy farangs who can’t get a woman back home....

Pretty sure you mean the old, fat, unhealthy, cigarette smoking, drunk every day bar stool farangs in Pattaya or up in Issan. Those are the ones with woman problems. They can’t get a women back home and they get dominated by them if they do because they are weak men. They had to come here so they can feel superior. 

6 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

"The Atlanta native said she was not angry with Thai immigration - the family just couldn't keep their mother here when the rules changed"

. . .the Thai Immigration rules never changed.

It was the U.S. Embassy that stopped issueing "Income Affidavits" for the 86,000 THB she paid monthly for her Mum's care home. Actually the Embassy had in the meantime lied on her behalf - the payments were in no way any "income" of her Mum. She even mentioned this hard fact in her first statement, but this got snowed under in all the following comments.  

Personally I had wished for a solution offered by an Immigration Boss, because they are entitled to be lenient with some individual cases, and that sadly never happened

"She claimed that immigration requirements needing 800,000 baht to be lodged in a Thai bank were making it impossible for her mother to stay."

The way I read it , she is saying that she , her husband and her Mum couldnt afford to have 2.4 million baht held for 5 months.

Certainly that rule has changed from 3 months..

27 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

I think the drunken sex tourist has damaged reputations over the years as well...  

The 10's of thousands of girls, families, children, bars, etc. that industry supports most certainly would disagree with you....

23 minutes ago, James Powell said:

Glad to hear that.  I am sick and tired of hearing this shit from farang in Ubon, and online isn't any better.  To paraphrase what we say in my country, "Thailand...love or leave it!"  Personally, I just love it.  If you do not, you really should consider packing your bags for Singapore or back home.  I lived in England two years, dismal weather, dismal people, horrible food.

Maybe some of the Russians that used to work on the Trump campaign are working here now???

"The Atlanta native said she was not angry with Thai immigration - the family just couldn't keep their mother here when the rules changed"

It was the U.S. Embassy that stopped issueing "Income Affidavits" for the 86,000 THB she paid monthly for her Mum's care home. Actually the Embassy had in the meantime lied on her behalf - the payments were in no way any "income" of her Mum. She even mentioned this hard fact in her first statement, but this got snowed under in all the following comments.  

Personally I had wished for a solution offered by an Immigration Boss, because they are entitled to be lenient with some individual cases, and that sadly never happened

she the daughter has made a big fuss and put her mom through unnecessary stress, she only had to go to a visa agent and it would of all been sorted for 15,000 baht

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

I thought that the thread was rather putrid,lacking either compassion or grace on the part of some posters and she is certainly quite correct in her description of "keyboard warriors".They are what they are.

Far,far, too many smug little foreign kapo's in Thailand.

I too was shocked, disappointed and very angry at the original posters insignificant opinion regarding the Daughter's post, which he has just substantiated with little consideration of the stress the Daughter is experiencing.  Good luck to you and your Family in Phillipines.

Did the daughter try to get the issue resolved in Thailand? She never said she did.

Why would you take your mam Thousands of miles away and then leave her alone in a Foreign country? That is just sad you will never know if she is being taken care of correctly.. Why not move your whole family to the said country?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"emotional topics tend to make people crazy".

She spoke of "lost souls who feel powerful behind a computer screen".

???? Welcome to Thaivisa, the refuge for barstool bores and lonely outcasts.

Anyone who has ever had the displeasure of dealing with Chiang Mai Immigration for a few years can relate to

her feeling the PH Immigration was a big improvement....probably anywhere in the world would be ????

My mother died after Dementia I get it.

Sorry it is not good, but I have little sympathy for those in this story. They are actually very lucky.

Putting one in a care home is the western way of handling this.

There are 100's of thousands of families in the world with family members suffering from this. And, many of them no way have 85,000 b a month to pay for care.

The families that cannot afford care and are actually struggling daily to get through each day with the stress, mental and physical demands required.

These are the families I have true sympathy for.

44 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Because Thailand does not want to set a precedence of being a dumping ground for all the terminally ill patients of the Western world?

Then why does Thailand see it as another business hub opportunity? BTW, everyone is terminally ill. https://www.kasikornbank.com/international-business/en/Thailand/IndustryBusiness/Pages/201812_Thailand_Elderly_Care_Business.aspx

Archived