Rescue called as Pattaya bar girl throws a wobbly - she'd run out of meds

webfact

24 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

What are you talking about? Plenty of dictionary definitions of it, it's got nothing whatsoever to do with a mental breakdown. It just means losing your temper, blowing a fuse or any other of the many similar colloquialisms in common speech. The headline usage of it is correct and appropriate in describing what happened. 

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/throw-a-wobbly

in this context it is both derogatory and infantile, especially when this site makes a plea for compassion whenever someone kills themselves (expats) stating that there are people  to reach out to when mentally distressed and suicidal- double standards in play here 

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BestB said:

And then she be back working in the bar, but at least it explains why so many are nut cases, they run out of meds ????

Yeah.. I know exactly what you mean. I bumped into a coffin dodger up in Udon a couple of months ago that had run out of dick hardeners. When he was told they don't flog 'em like they do down in Patts, he went bloody mental!

4 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

in this context it is both derogatory and infantile, especially when this site makes a plea for compassion whenever someone kills themselves stating that there are people to reach out to when mentally distressed and suicidal- double standards  

No one's killed anyone, and young Mint isn't pushing up the daisies at Terminal 21. It's just another workplace barney that livened up a rather dull bar complex for a few minutes... 

Just now, xylophone said:

Notice that the bar is not busy......really low season biting hard there??

It is quiet here, yes.

I live in naklua, only go out now and again to pattaya central areas and have little interest in going to bars.

I feel a bit sorry for some of the street side vendors.

I notice that those who were almost always busy before, now quite slow. The motorbike/sidecar vendors that pitch up in their regular spot and are generally a decent bunch of people.

Quietest I have noticed in 10 years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

"I'm gonna kill Mint - and bury her under Terminal 21". 

I was under the impression that Terminal 21 in BKK and Pattaya are already build, and in use. Not easy to bury someone underneath nowadays...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

in this context it is both derogatory and infantile, especially when this site makes a plea for compassion whenever someone kills themselves (expats) stating that there are people  to reach out to when mentally distressed and suicidal- double standards in play here 

To be honest  you are  quite correct in terms  of consideration  for this woman's  mental health state.

But most of the derogatory comment is  not  about that as it is about perceived viability  in choice of  occupation. In one sense  no less cruel  but in a  free  market....?

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Well, at least she had a plan and goal for her life....  :closedeyes:

I'm a bit surprised she chose Terminal 21 to dispose of the victim, I would have thought Maprachan Lake would have been less obvious.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

what's a wobbly? Don't you folks pride yourself on using the language properly? Apparently not -  disgusting statement concerning the mentally ill..

Probably bipolar. Sad.  I have a guess how this is going to turn out, but better be positive.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

what's a wobbly? Don't you folks pride yourself on using the language properly? Apparently not -  disgusting statement concerning the mentally ill..

I would not associate "wobbly" solly to those with mental illness...

NOUN

British 
informal 

• 1A fit of temper or panic.

‘my daughter threw a wobbly when I wouldn't let her play’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/wobbly

10 hours ago, mike787 said:

Just another beautiful evening of adventure in a first class family resort town of Pattaya.

commends like yours make me sick every time I mention my girlfriend

lives in Pattaya she is classed as a prostitute even so she only lives there 

for 9 month and is 49 years old and runs a hairdressing salon she only

moved there to be with her daughter who build a new house in central

Pattaya and yes she works for a five star hotel with her husband

• Like 1
  • Haha 1