Selling motorbike while abroad

I have a friend who wants to sell his motorbike,he is very sick and has to stay in norway he has signed a power of attorney/ copys of passport and i have the green book but i hear he also needs a resident cert i am in pattaya does anyone have experience in this?

13 minutes ago, stubby52 said:

I went to the local dealer where i transfered my bikes before and was told the seller needs a res cert or cannot do i might try to find another agent.

They don't know... 

It was the same when I bought my last two cars and last two motorcycles...

On the day I picked up the vehicles and paid the balance I was told I needed a Work Permit...  No !

It took about 10 mins for them to get a Manager who then told me I needed a Residence Certificate... I had to educate them. We need a Residence Certificate (or work permit) for the DLT to Register the vehicles in our name (to get the White plate).. thats the only time its needed (and I usually do that myself because its quicker). 

The reality is, so many of these dealerships etc make incorrect assumptions because they do not know. 

All the owner needs so submit is: 

1) Copy of Passport

2) Signed Power of Attorney form

3) Copy of the Green book

4) Signed Greenbook

The transfer can happen anywhere, with the Power of Attorney form you do not need to make the transfer at a DLT. 

Experiences may vary and some offices may have varying regulations / requirement - but I have not had an Affirmation of Residence document when selling any of my vehicles... this AoR document is only required when placing a vehicle in my Name at the DLT. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

All the owner needs so submit is: 

1) Copy of Passport

2) Signed Power of Attorney form

3) Copy of the Green book

4) Signed Green book

If you can would like info please :-

I was led to believe you need the 2 transfer of ownership forms from the DLT signed by the seller as well or does the Power of Attorney form dismiss those forms. ?

Also the Green book is only signed by a DLT staff. ?

38 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

If you can would like info please :-

I was led to believe you need the 2 transfer of ownership forms from the DLT signed by the seller as well or does the Power of Attorney form dismiss those forms. ?

Also the Green book is only signed by a DLT staff. ?

There are two forms to be filled out, one of them is the PoA form.

The other form, I forget the name of the form, its readily available on the net (I'm out at the moment thus unable to easily post a link).

As your friend is not in the country and cant get a "certificate of residence" (needed in Chonburi) you'll need a copy of his passport showing the exit from Thailand stamp instead. + the other paperwork.

6 minutes ago, johng said:

As your friend is not in the country and cant get a "certificate of residence" (needed in Chonburi) you'll need a copy of his passport showing the exit from Thailand stamp instead. + the other paperwork.

I just spoke to a couple of agents and was told not possible without res cert but will check it out thanks

I just spoke to a couple of agents and was told not possible without res cert but will check it out thanks
Try another agent...but normally they know how to do "the impossible"....there are reports on here (if you can find them search function is horrid) about the
"exit from Thailand" stamp being used instead of "residence certificate"
However maybe things have changed (again)

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are two forms to be filled out, one of them is the PoA form.

The other form, I forget the name of the form, its readily available on the net (I'm out at the moment thus unable to easily post a link).

OK thanks I'm just trying to make sure I get things right before parting with cash.

I was told obviously to get green book, also name owner in book needs to signs 2 DLT forms.

If it is a Thai person a copy of ID card.

If farangie copy of passport, copy proof of address.

If already out of the country you send them the 2 DLT forms to sign, they then can send them back with a copy of passport and passport page with Thai exit date stamp. 

Archived