Murder for 50,000 baht: Thai wife's elder brother wanted British expat’s money

rooster59

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a search and 2018 was the last time Thailand executed anyone and there are 510 people on death row. So seems like it won't happen overnight. How Awful you get killed by family. What that must have been like for the sister to see her Husband killed in front of her and knowing she was next! Makes you sick.

The Thai rumor mill, Phrae branch, reported last year that the elder brother had already extorted his other family members to pay his gambling debts, and was "known to" have murdered for money before. Allegedly.

How do these people stay on the streets in Thailand?

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Jealousy; many Thais feel the world owes them a living and envy the riches displayed by a farang achieved after forty years work plus savings.

I'm pretty sure that is a lot to this story that we don't know. And I know Thai like to borrow money from relatives and then  forget about it , I don't think this is a farang hate but more of a "succesful sister thai" hate.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Golden rule in the lawless and corrupt LOS....have fun, enjoy but keep a low profile and do not staunt a multi storey, muliple surface mansion with a flashy SUV parked in front....sad but that's how it is...

That is true in almost every country unfortunately, not just LOS.

36 minutes ago, vangrop said:

If you want to stay you better go live in touristic resorts for your own safety. You never know wat can happen in these villages far away from everything where you are totally on your own.

Complete rubbish. There is no statistical evidence supporting that.  In fact their is no concept for Thais to consider there is a safe or dangerous place to live, but with one exception.  But then as a newbie perhaps you have not read sufficient information regarding Thailand. That said, having lived almost 10 years in Bangkok and well over 20 in the country I can assure you I have never felt unsafe anywhere. Apart that is from running the risk of "death by motorcyclist" on the BKK pavement or else "death by Indian tailor touts" in Pattaya.

12 hours ago, 55Jay said:

I wonder what the background is regarding the dispute over money between Warut and the now deceased Hogg and his Thai wife?

The mind wanders. 

Why go to work when you can gamble and get drunk on your sisters money. 

11 minutes ago, Cereal said:

This is exactly  why everyone needs a gun at home. Preemptive measurements.

This might sound right , and it might make you feel safer, but it does not make you safer.

Simply the act of feeling safer makes you less safe because you lower your defenses.

But consider the following. 

What are the chances that your brother in law will kill you?or you will be killed by an intruder? then consider the chances of being killed because there's a gun in every house and life happens (arguments, accidents, alcohol,etc) 

I am willing to bet that everyday life with a gun in every household presents considerably more danger than being unarmed against your brother in law. 

Questions:

1. Why do several Farangs marry uncultured or uneducted Thai women?

2. I have seen quite a lot and how they mentally get along?

Do they need a house keeper to wash, iron, clean and cook which usually a Western women will not do it all alone?

3. Retirement visa for less requirements? However, in this case the deceased seem to be a wealthy man

So sad story and may both the deceased soul rest in peace. Still we must think on above questions seriously.

3 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

1. Why do several Farangs marry uncultured or uneducted Thai women?

Was the woman in this case 'uncultered or uneducated'? Does this even matter?

If you know anything about Thailand, you would know that there are much more power/money strugles in the higher educated circles.

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Jealousy; many Thais feel the world owes them a living and envy the riches displayed by a farang achieved after forty years work plus savings.

Substitute the word many to all in your comment and your spot on. Absolute morons

21 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Seems there is a case to put it around that if you die from murder or an 'accident', all money goes into hands of someone with power of attorney (not in the Thai family or wife) automatically that is in Thailand, and it will be sent to relatives offshore...regarding a house...mortgage, not lumpsum...pass up on the flash cars and flash talk also....wealth is stealth and all that.

Be worth more alive than dead, as others have said....

What is the point of being rich if you can't flaunt it.   Far better to never associate yourself with people who don't have money themselves that way you don't end up with jealous relatives.

46 minutes ago, sirineou said:

This might sound right , and it might make you feel safer, but it does not make you safer.

Simply the act of feeling safer makes you less safe because you lower your defenses.

But consider the following. 

What are the chances that your brother in law will kill you?or you will be killed by an intruder? then consider the chances of being killed because there's a gun in every house and life happens (arguments, accidents, alcohol,etc) 

I am willing to bet that everyday life with a gun in every household presents considerably more danger than being unarmed against your brother in law. 

You are correct that it does not make you safer and also that normally the chances of a BIL killing someone are low, but as I read this post,

I think I would have prepared myself for voilence from that elderly brother.

The Thai rumor mill, Phrae branch, reported last year that the elder brother had already extorted his other family members to pay his gambling debts, and was "known to" have murdered for money before. Allegedly.

How do these people stay on the streets in Thailand?

4 minutes ago, Cheops said:

You are correct that it does not make you safer and also that normally the chances of a BIL killing someone are low, but as I read this post,

I think I would have prepared myself for voilence from that elderly brother.

Agreed, in this particular case, I would had also made plans to protect myself.

But who is to know , hindsight is 20/20, easy for as to say now.

A very tragic situation ,Two people making a life and finding happiness  together, only to have their lives destroyed  by a "waste of human skin". So sad!

The neighbor was okay with killing the Farang, but balked at killing the wife.  However, he was more than happy to take 52,000 baht to help arrange for someone else to do the killing.  He should have been given a death sentence as well.

50,000 baht for murder and given the death sentence!

Considering at the next Amnesty that will be reduced to 25 years, Then he has achieved for his disgusting crimes the sum total of 2,000 baht a year!

Not a budding Al Capone, is he?

What a prat!

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

neighbor Sima Utphamoon, 60

The three are dead men walking, so goodbye to them. As for Sima, I hope he stays alive until his sentence is served. Then he will be 85. Would love to see him come out into a changed world a broken man, with nothing on him except for the memory of what he did.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:43 PM, rooster59 said:

Warut approached neighbor Sima Utphamoon, 60, with 100,000 baht to commit murder. But he wouldn't do it himself because Warut wanted his own sister murdered,

The reason he wouldn't get involved was because he wanted his own sister murdered?! Not because it is the wrong thing to do??? That speaks volumes to the underbelly of this 'land of smiles'. The longer I stay here the more I realize this place is just as bad as some Middle East countries. NO joke....   

23 hours ago, Mavideol said:

price of a foreigner's life in Thailand,...  the scum bags should rotten in jail

They will, (rot in) they will be dead lol.

Archived