Drug-addled ex-con slashes Pattaya cop

Rimmer

13 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Thailand has a big problem with drugs 

Thailand does and has for as long as I remember - well over 30 years, back then you could go into a pharmacy and buy "YaBa" over the counter!

The whole world has a problem with drugs! in the good old USA more people die from over dose of prescription drugs than illegal drugs!

Sad - some people are unwilling to full-fill their role in society which appears to be to make the rich even richer and look for ways out from the endless cycle? ????

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

Try to keep up if you capable .

no one said anything about wife 

you have no idea what he had or did not have prior 

once again for the slow ones.

thailand does not have rehab or social services to assist ex cons to reintegrated .

thailand does not have any social support systems in place.

con comes out of jail , no money, no job and no social support services of any kind. Very easily falls back into what he knows 

There are no ifs or buts, that is just a sad reality. Clearly not for you who is incapable of understanding but not all people live life like yours 

You did mention his wife, are you becoming dim-witted as the day passes.

I know that there is no rehab for prisoners, the same as I know they don't get a colour tv in their own cell

This IS Thailand and like many other countries the poor are overlooked

If this is the case, why waste money on low life drug addicts

I don't know what he did prior to turning to drugs but if I was to hazard a guess it would have been very little

Feel free to make a donation towards his welfare

And by the way double line spacing is not needed my eyesight is quite good

In finishing, please don't try and make yourself so self important, we are all the same, some may be a little slower ( like yourself ) I just think a bullet saves a lot of money and time

One last thing DILLIGAF look it up if you must

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Just amazes me how many people on TV defend drug use.

My childhood was never a bed of roses either, I am not a drug addict, actually I have never tried, nor do I wish to, the nearest I have come to addiction is alcoholism, drinking probably 6 or more pints a night in my 20's, sorted myself out by myself, now would not drink more than a pint in an evening if I go out. 

I am not defending substance misuse use at all, I am looking at the possible reasons behind the behaviours, and not judging the person concerned, also realising that some peoples chemical reactions in the brain cause poor decision making.

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Homeowner Sanong Singsahad, 64, said she let Boonsri – her former son-in-law – come back to live at her house even though her daughter divorced him when he went to prison on drug charges. She since has remarried and started a new family.

And?

4 hours ago, monkeycu said:

You did mention his wife, are you becoming dim-witted as the day passes.

I know that there is no rehab for prisoners, the same as I know they don't get a colour tv in their own cell

This IS Thailand and like many other countries the poor are overlooked

If this is the case, why waste money on low life drug addicts

I don't know what he did prior to turning to drugs but if I was to hazard a guess it would have been very little

Feel free to make a donation towards his welfare

And by the way double line spacing is not needed my eyesight is quite good

In finishing, please don't try and make yourself so self important, we are all the same, some may be a little slower ( like yourself ) I just think a bullet saves a lot of money and time

One last thing DILLIGAF look it up if you must

Before  I respond to the rest of drivel, quote my exact words where I mentioned wife besides saying no wife 

then what is your fixation with making donation and what does donation have to do with social support?

poor country? Do you actually know where Thailand is on the map ? Poor it is not. Do some fact checking before posting utter rubbish.

and on the subject of” donations “ I am more than certain not only I have done more than you but still doing more than you, it’s called being compassionate human being.

should try it, would not kill you and may change someone else’s life????

• Sad 1

On 6/2/2019 at 12:20 AM, BestB said:

Unlike politically correct West , Thailand does not have rehab programs or retraining schemes for ex cons.

what was he gonna do, no money , no job, no wife. No support of any

kind.

sad but common

Had money for drugs???

On 6/1/2019 at 12:01 PM, LongTang said:

while in some western counties they will be gunned down in seconds..

Which western countries? I only see happening in America when the law breaker is a black. 

Edited by onera1961

20 hours ago, Basil B said:
On 6/2/2019 at 10:26 AM, RJRS1301 said:

It seems obvious from so many of the posts on this matter, that very few comprehend the complex issues related to addiction.

Most people who live with addiction have lived through multiple trauma from childhood onwards, and the serotonin uptake capacity of the brain changes, this is before psychosis from substance misuse begins which affects many.

The cumulative effects of trauma can be catastrophic to many.

Addiction to any substance is an illness.

Just amazes me how many people on TV defend drug use.

My childhood was never a bed of roses either, I am not a drug addict, actually I have never tried, nor do I wish to, the nearest I have come to addiction is alcoholism, drinking probably 6 or more pints a night in my 20's, sorted myself out by myself, now would not drink more than a pint in an evening if I go out. 

"the nearest I have come to addiction is alcoholism"

are you saying alcoholism is not addiction? ???????????   duh

12 minutes ago, atyclb said:
On 6/1/2019 at 8:21 PM, steven100 said:

shoot him ....   he's a drug addict

so are all the alcoholics

albeit legal, ethanol, the alcohol in beverages is a drug and alcoholism is addiction.  no confusion about it

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

albeit legal, ethanol, the alcohol in beverages is a drug and alcoholism is addiction.  no confusion about it

Drug taking is wrong ... drinking beer is not.

Everyone knows ' right from wrong '  ... this really annoys me when people get caught and then they blame their childhood or their upbringing or society or whatever .....

As I said .....  a ten year old know what's right and what's wrong !

no one forced his to become a drug addict ... he chose that path and therefore he chose wrong.

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:
22 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Drug taking is wrong ... drinking beer is not.

Everyone knows ' right from wrong '  ... this really annoys me when people get caught and then they blame their childhood or their upbringing or society or whatever .....

As I said .....  a ten year old know what's right and what's wrong !

no one forced his to become a drug addict ... he chose that path and therefore he chose wrong.

Educate yourself!

======================

How Common are Alcohol-Related Crimes?
Alcohol and crime have a strong causal connection.

Drunk driving (DUI) is the most common alcohol-related crime in the United States. Each year, more than 1.1 million Americans are arrested for driving while intoxicated (DWI), and more than half of these arrests end in convictions. Incredibly, this number represents only about one arrest for every 100 actual incidents of drunk driving that take place, as reported by drivers themselves.

Meanwhile, on an annual basis, there are more than three million cases of violent crime traceable to alcohol use and abuse in the U.S. For several specific types of crime (homicide, sexual assault, domestic violence), alcohol is involved in the majority of incidents.

Driving Under the Influence
On average, drivers under the influence take more than 300,000 trips on American roads and highways every day.

Given this statistic, it is hardly surprising that more than 13,000 people lose their lives in the U.S. each year in traffic accidents caused by alcohol-impaired driving. This represents 40 percent of the country’s annual roadway death toll, and in addition to the fatalities, there are more than 250,000 people injured in alcohol-fueled automobile wrecks.

Over $100 billion is lost every year repairing the damage caused to property by drunk driving incidents. But the psychological and emotional damage caused by involvement in alcohol-related crimes like these (and crimes is what they are) is incalculable.
Alcohol and Violence
Since alcohol consumption reduces inhibition, violent crimes are often perpetrated while the criminal is under the influence. Alcohol-related crime statistics show high rates of homicide, assault, domestic and stranger violence, child abuse, and rape and sexual abuse perpetrated by individuals who’ve been drinking and are legally intoxicated—and crime victims often find themselves in harm’s way because of their alcohol consumption as well.

Alcohol-related crime statistics reveal a close, intimate connection between alcohol and violence. On average, in any given year:

86 percent of homicides will be committed by individuals
under the influence.
40 percent of child abuse incidents will be connected to alcohol use or abuse, and 70 percent of these abusive individuals (parents or guardians) will suffer from a substance use disorder.
37 percent of rapes and sexual assaults will involve offenders under the influence, and that number jumps to 90 percent when the abuses occur on college campuses.
15 percent of robberies, 27 percent of aggravated assaults and 25 percent of simple assaults will be carried out by individuals who’ve been drinking and are likely under the influence. This amounts to more than 2.5 million incidents of alcohol-related violence.
65 percent of intimate partner violence incidents will be carried out by perpetrators who’ve been drinking. This equates to more than 450,000 such incidents annually.
20 percent of intimate partner violence incidents involving alcohol will include the use of a gun, knife, or other potentially lethal weapons.
95 percent of violent crimes committed on college campuses will involve alcohol, and the total number of such assaults will be greater than 600,000.
118,000 incidents of family violence (spouses and partners excluded) will be linked to excessive drinking, as will 744,000 incidents of violence that involve acquaintances.
Nearly 60 percent of violent crime victims will end up with injuries, with men being twice as likely to sustain major injuries as women.
Overall, about 40 percent of all violent crimes will be alcohol-related.
The association between alcohol and rape, domestic violence, homicide and violence of all types isn’t just limited to the perpetrators. Victims of these crimes are often under the influence of alcohol at the time of their victimization, their intoxication making them more vulnerable to exploitation and abuse.

Not all violent crimes need an attacker and a victim. People suffering from severe depression, and who have participated in binge drinking, have a higher likelihood of experiencing suicidal thoughts and are more prone to harming themselves than people who abstain when they are depressed.
Alcohol-Related Crime Convictions
The relationship between alcohol and crime is reflected in incarceration statistics. Among all criminal convictions that occur within a single year, 40 percent will be related to alcohol abuse, meaning the offender was either under the influence of alcohol while committing the crime or had turned to crime to sustain their alcohol dependency.

Among inmate populations, 80 percent have a history of abusing drugs or alcohol, and about half are clinically addicted to one or both. The percentages are the same among juvenile offenders, which shows that the problematic association between criminal behavior and drinking tends to develop early in life.

https://addictionresource.com/alcohol/effects/alcohol-related-crimes/

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, atyclb said:

I don't care what you say. Drug addicts are not liked nor welcome in any society.

He chose to do drugs .... no one forced him.

He knew it was wrong at the start but he ignored what is right and what is wrong.

enough said. good day.

• Like 1

Can’t believe many posts criticized him demanding a death penalty , in life , we all makes mistakes  Let God be a judge not us .. there’s many people a lot worse than him , they are all looked like the saint with the evil inside them  .. 

I notice that in most cases when a suspect is apprehended in Thailand, the handcuffs are placed on the hands of the suspect in front of them versus behind their backs. As a former Special Agent in the Air Force. the actual apprehension/taking charge of the suspect was affected by the Military Police. In almost all cases the suspect's hands are cuffed behind their backs, why you may ask? Hands cuffed in front provide the suspect with a weapon, put the hands together, raise hands above the head and bring down on the head of the arresting officer, hard to do if cuffed in the back.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:28 AM, Swedenlars said:

Says Duterte

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Well, if they had shot him the first time (or kept him in prison) he would not have re-offended!

But it was not you or a family member that was attacked, so I guess you can afford to be magnanimous.

You have more good feelings for the criminal than the victim/s! WRONG! Victims FIRST not criminals!!!

A post with an altered quote has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:59 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

So are alcoholics. Sick people need help not punishment. What help did he get after he left prison. Given the fact the cops put him in prison its hardly surprising he has issues with them. 

Good honest law abiding people going about their everyday business need protection from these SICK people 

On 6/1/2019 at 8:19 PM, Fred white said:

Didn't learn the first time will never learn let him rot

easy to speak that way.

an ex convict, most probably cannot find a job, or cannot get a life after hard times in prison.

it is not him wrong, fully. society pushed him here.