SURVEY: Time to start impeachment proceedings?

Scott

SURVEY: Time to start impeachment proceedings against Trump?  

225 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is what happens when you raise the bar for crimes committed by political types too high. 50 years ago, Holder, Clinton (both husband and wife), Comey, Lynch and many others including Obama, who knew about the Russian interference and did nothing about it, would be in prison now, along with Barr, Trump and many others today. The Democrats should not have allowed those Democrats to get away with what they got away with and the Republicans shouldn't allow those Republicans to get away with what they are getting away with today but when people become so stupid that they only care about crimes committed by the opposition, nobody is going to be held accountable for much of anything.

I think he should be impeached even if no chance of conviction.

The only reason he hasn't been impeached so far and I think he will be eventually is a political calculation by Pelosi.

She is predicting it will do more damage to the democrats than good.

But the truth is that it's impossible to predict the political results. It could just as easily turn out to be either neutral or positive for the democrats.

So the decision should not be only about partisan politics.

If the decision is only made based on the constitutional obligations of congress then they must at the very least initiate the beginning process of an Impeachment investigation.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pegman said:

I absolutely think he is a con man, but the Senate will not convict on the present available evidence so I voted no.

How many politicians in the US or UK are not conmen?:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think he should be impeached even if no chance of conviction.

This is the correct answer.  Trump has violated his oath of office, obstructed justice in some cases and in others attempted to do so, therefore Article 1 of the constitution requires Congress to take corrective action.  Even according to his most fervent supporter, Lindsey Graham, impeachment is not necessarily about criminal wrongdoing. It's about "cleansing the office".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Haters gonna hate. 

Too bad there isn't a smidgen of evidence of ANY crime. 

It is a bona-fide witch hunt the likes of which have never been seen before in American politics. 

MAGA! ???? 

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I would like to see this criminal and conman removed from office, even if for no other reason than the fact that my investments plunge in value every time he opens his mouth.

I do think there's enough evidence to support impeachment, but I consider it impossible he could be removed from office because the Republican senate supports his every madness for corrupt reasons of their own.

Pelosi makes sense when she states it would be impossible to convict him as a civilian, if the senate has already exonerated him. 

Did  not Trump himself announce in almost glee that "there was not enough evidence! " ?

Not "there isn't a smidgen."

Making political predictions is perilous but I agree entirely with this one.

When push comes to shove the democrats are going to have no choice but to begin impeachment proceedings against the most criminally corrupt president in American history.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/james-clyburn-trump-eventually-impeached.html

No. 3 House Democrat: Trump Will Eventually Be Impeached

House Majority Whip James Clyburn, the third-highest-ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives, said that he believes President Donald Trump will be impeached at some point. At least by the House of Representatives. Before that happens though, Congress must first “effectively educate the public” on why the move would be justified.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, pegman said:

I absolutely think he is a con man, but the Senate will not convict on the present available evidence so I voted no.

What the Senate ultimately decides should not be a factor for the House to begin a formal impeachment investigation. There are (thanks to Department of Justice assigned Special Council) sufficient grounds to begin an impeachment investigation, especially regarding obstruction of justice. 

It's a matter of the U.S. House doing what is right and holding the POTUS accountable for his alleged criminal actions both before and during his term in office as accorded by the U.S. Constitution. To "support and uphold the Constitution" isn't caveated with 'so long as there is unanimity of Congress.' and/or the POTUS. All members of Congress should also be in turn accountable to their electorate to "do their job." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

What the Senate ultimately decides should not be a factor for the House to begin a formal impeachment investigation. There are (thanks to Department of Justice assigned Special Council) sufficient grounds to begin an impeachment investigation, especially regarding obstruction of justice. 

It's a matter of the U.S. House doing what is right and holding the POTUS accountable for his alleged criminal actions both before and during his term in office as accorded by the U.S. Constitution. To "support and uphold the Constitution" isn't caveated with 'so long as there is unanimity of Congress.' and/or the POTUS. All members of Congress should also be in turn accountable to their electorate to "do their job." 

Yes and also people think they can predict the outcome of this once it's started.

With impeachment powers invoked congress will have the opportunity to go much deeper in the president's criminal behavior, although technically an actual crime is not even needed to impeach. It's entirely possible considering the criminally corrupt behavior of this con man since his early life that stuff will come out that pushes him into a resignation even before impeachment, as happened with Nixon. Not saying that will happen. Nobody knows what will happen if they proceed.

Another point, some people promote the idea that "trump" is some kind of political genius that is never wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth. Yes his 2016 win was perhaps the biggest black swan in American history, but consider his tactic for the midterms, demagoguing about evil brown people and lying about his actions on health care. That failed for him miserably. I'm saying this because Pelosi and others understandably feel "trump" is baiting the democrats into impeaching him. I think partly he is but partly to ascribe a long term strategy to him is folly. He doesn't think much further than his latest tweet. The idea is that if he's impeached and not convicted by the senate that he can use it politically as a big win. That is a risk. That is possible. But nobody knows especially after so much negative stuff that will be openly revealed in an impeachment process.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

So your suggesting to go after a POTUS  during a presidential campaign( has never done anything criminal) to bring up dirt on his past! Thats political harassment ,I pity the next dem that hold's that seat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million indeed, and 4 out of these 3 million were coming from just one state: California! 

Which means that Trump won the popular vote in 49 out of 50 states... that is if one considers the "Mexican" state of California as part of the Union... 

Having said that, a Trump impeachment would send the Second Coming fanatic Pence in the driver's seat, and together with the angels of death Pompeo and Bolton, we could get WWIII before the 2020 elections... yet with Trump we will have to wait until after the elections, which will leave us a little more time to prepare... 

What do you mean by 4 out of 3 million?

5 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Haters gonna hate. 

Too bad there isn't a smidgen of evidence of ANY crime. 

It is a bona-fide witch hunt the likes of which have never been seen before in American politics. 

MAGA! ???? 

Of course....plus...

Nixon was innocent and Bill never had sex with "that woman". 

Hands off our presidents!

Rooster

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Theory said:

????????????

He shall serve even 2nd term. It all depends on how he will finish what he started right before election. 

US people change their vote in a matter of a day.

You will be all surprised.   

Another crystal ball gazer.

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million indeed, and 4 out of these 3 million were coming from just one state: California! 

Which means that Trump won the popular vote in 49 out of 50 states... that is if one considers the "Mexican" state of California as part of the Union... 

Ahem... Are you certain what you wrote makes sense?

• Thanks 2