One dead, seven injured as car collides with bus in Chon Buri

webfact

One dead, seven injured as car collides with bus in Chon Buri

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: Pattaya Message

61660228_2347567755286637_70981983774305

A female driver has died and seven others sustained injuries after a sedan collided with a shuttle bus in Chon Buri last night. A snake was also a victim of the incident.

Banglamung Police were notified of the incident on Rong Poa Road in Banglamung, Chon Buri last night. Police and emergency responders arrived to find a damaged shuttle bus overturned in the roadside ditch. Seven people inside the bus sustained injuries. Nearby they found a damaged sedan. Inside they found the body of a woman who was later identified as 45 year old Panghom Maingam.

The 38 year old shuttle bus driver says the sedan was trying to avoid something when it collided with the bus. However police are continuing their investigation into the fatality.

62076409_2347567825286630_59793220048372

62135107_2347567898619956_77671446662684

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/one-dead-seven-injured-as-car-collides-with-bus-in-chon-buri

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-04
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, seajae said:

thai drivers like to swerve for no real reason, I have been side swiped by thais swerving to my side of the road to avoid puddles of water, they just do it without thinking or being aware there is a car there, they seem to lack the mentality to think before doing in a lot of cases, really pathetic driving skills

And the car mirrors are only there for their trichotillomaina.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And the car mirrors are only there for their trichotillomaina.

Not forgetting also rhinotillexamania.............and squeezing zits....( couldn't find the scientific name for the last one.........)

• Haha 2

According to my misses a snake or any other kind of reptile that crosses the road in front of you is good luck so needs to be avoided at all costs. It looks like this ladies good luck ran out because she killed the snake.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, seajae said:

thai drivers like to swerve for no real reason, I have been side swiped by thais swerving to my side of the road to avoid puddles of water, they just do it without thinking or being aware there is a car there, they seem to lack the mentality to think before doing in a lot of cases, really pathetic driving skills

One should not use the word skill in any attempt to describe Thai driving.

15 hours ago, rtco said:

According to my misses a snake or any other kind of reptile that crosses the road in front of you is good luck so needs to be avoided at all costs. It looks like this ladies good luck ran out because she killed the snake.

Well my wife say similar but never heard her say you should not kill it. Anyway over the 3 weeks I have hedged my bets. 3 wriggled across unscathed including the last one and one I had the opportunity of squashing it flat. Still no good luck or bad luck.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:50 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

She try avoiding the snake but hit the bus 

Very smart thinking

Outcome of this...  1 dead 7 injured 

The moral of this... 

Roads are dangerous in Thailand 

as if we do  not know about roads.....IT IS NOT THE ROADS, IT IS THE PEOPLE DRIVING ON THEM.....most who do not know how to drive safely and properly