Junta leader favoured as Thai parliament convenes to vote for new PM

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The vote will officially restore civilian rule after more than five years under junta leader Prayuth Chan-ocha, who is nominated to stay in power by a coalition led by the pro-army Palang Pracharat Party.

The retired general is considered to have a heavy advantage

So Thailand is going to restore civilian rule as only possible in thailand, by “electing” the same military leader that has been ruling under the coup.  Oh how democratic! 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need 376 votes to win PM.  So they already have 250 in the senate and 203 seats in the house.  That is already 453.  Well over what they need.  So why the pretending they need more on their side.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rwill said:

They need 376 votes to win PM.  So they already have 250 in the senate and 203 seats in the house.  That is already 453.  Well over what they need.  So why the pretending they need more on their side.

To delay matters until the public are presented with a fait accompli on the morrow and shrug? The Berlin wall was built overnight for a reason.

But that is just my guess.

11 hours ago, keith101 said:

Wasn't it was Prayuth who chose the majority of the Senate from the armed forces just to get those votes ?

I do recall reading another article saying it was "nearly half" who was endorsed by Prayuth, so maybe the fat lady hasnt sung just yet.

2 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

I do recall reading another article saying it was "nearly half" who was endorsed by Prayuth, so maybe the fat lady hasnt sung just yet.

Mrs baboon went to bed ages ago. There will be no singing therefore, but there will be the inevitable Prayuth victory and the said scumbag 'tearfully' accepting his 'nomination'.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Bless! Like the kid unwrapping his tiny present still hoping  it is the bicycle he desperately wanted 

another posting of a person judging about ppl he does not knwo and that just likes to bash ppl for his own happiness?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RickTik said:

Prayuth is a good man and has done a good job in a very tricky political situation. The future of Thailand looks good all the way around.

You forgot to take your meds?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RickTik said:

Prayuth is a good man and has done a good job in a very tricky political situation. The future of Thailand looks good all the way around.

The Officer's Mess steward called, your breakfast is ready.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

GREAT JOB .... he deserves the re-elected position as he has worked hard.

Many farang may disagree but really who cares as it's for the people of Thailand and it's country not the whinging bitching farang who think thailand owes them a government of their likening and nobody else's. Simple ..if you don't like it in this country then go home. It's not your country, you are a guest, the same would apply in your home country and town so stop bitching and whining because nobody is listening.  Thailand is what it is and it is governed by Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha so like it or lump it ..that's what it is.  ????

image.png.fc91db29a0f62570dc59f216d639b2fe.png

You didn't get what you needed, you got exactly what you deserve, and nothing more

• Like 2

9 hours ago, madmen said:

That makes no sense. The Thai bashing never ends and any good news regarding Thailand will send the bashers in to overdrive...So now when you guys ("we")  are holding the short end of the straw you suddenly love thailand "your home country" ...I think I need a bucket

I don't like the govt or some of the things that go on here but the country as a whole is nice I get along with the locals and even in the district town most of the people I deal with are nice some family members are eat up with this rich falong mentality but I'm lucky because my wife hates it to. I just hope the govt doesn't get to f####d up I'll be here till the end of my life.