no longer qualify for retirement, switching to marriage

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:26 AM, pagallim said:

Hence it will be restricted to visa applications external to Thailand, as in the O-X, and possibly the O-A (I note that the subject has quietly diminished and I suspect forgotten about.

I wish.  All farangs will need insurance in the near future,

That's ,  the plan , to get money more , from aliens/farlangs.

Live the dream , while it lasts.

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

Khon Kaen told me that my 150k per month was no good, I needed to have the 400k in the bank.

Can you be more specific please. I guess that this was for a marriage extension. Which IO said this (no. 1,2,3, or 4). The rules clearly state 400,000 in bank account or minimum of 40,000 per month! Was the monthly amount in a Thai bank account?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Can you be more specific please. I guess that this was for a marriage extension. Which IO said this (no. 1,2,3, or 4). The rules clearly state 400,000 in bank account or minimum of 40,000 per month! Was the monthly amount in a Thai bank account?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Checking from a non b working visa. I think she just couldn't be bothered. Don't know the number.

The amount was in a Thai bank, and been paid for 4 years.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:09 PM, ParadiseLost said:

Personally I think it was a bright idea from some mentally-challenged official, who came up with a way to stop people using agents, when they don't have the 800k in a Thai bank.

But the agents are still operating, no? Business as usual, no? If one can't round up the official 800 k baht "security deposit", one can make a much lower but equally acceptable "security deposit" via an agent.

I guess that leaves the rather fanciful, "they don't really like us" catch-all argument. I prefer to think that they are just 'going after' those with truly insufficient means to survive, even in their home countries.

For a retirement extension, as long as you transfer 65,000 K per month into your Thai bank account from a foreign source, you are OK.  There is no requirement that it be on a particular day.  The 65,000 can be withdrawn and spent immediately so there is no need to tie up a lot of money in country.  I keep only a small amount of money here.  I earn dividends, interest and capital gains in the USA.

Good News! My wife said the agent who denied the visa was obviously in a very bad mood and we should try again. So she got up early and put food in the monks' begging bowls and had me make merit as well. We then went to the immigration office and registered as before. While we were waiting we went to my bank at Chaeng Watthana and told the employee there about our problem.  She suggested I make a small withdrawal from the ATM, and keep the receipt.  She then made a 1-year history of the account, ending with that day. She highlighted all the overseas deposits and totaled them (slightly over 1 million Baht.). She also highlighted the withdrawal we just made and told me to show the ATM receipt to the agent.  (I didn't understand why this was important, and the agent didn't look at the ATM receipt.)

The new agent also said I didn't qualify because there were two months with no payments and 4 months with 2 or 3 payments.  When it looked like all was lost, my wife got emotional and made a little speech about, what a good guy I was; how difficult it was to even understand the rules let alone follow them; how for the last 8 years I've consistently brought money into the country and spent it; how I've not caused any problems; etc.

To my amazement, this worked! the agent made me attach to our file a handwritten note stating how I now understand the rules and next year I will follow them.  She then snapped my picture and took 1,900 baht, had us wait 2 more hours then returned my passport with a 1-year extension! My wife immediately took me to the office shrine where we thanked the Buddha.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, burlap said:

Good News! My wife said the agent who denied the visa was obviously in a very bad mood and we should try again. So she got up early and put food in the monks' begging bowls and had me make merit as well. We then went to the immigration office and registered as before. While we were waiting we went to my bank at Chaeng Watthana and told the employee there about our problem.  She suggested I make a small withdrawal from the ATM, and keep the receipt.  She then made a 1-year history of the account, ending with that day. She highlighted all the overseas deposits and totaled them (slightly over 1 million Baht.). She also highlighted the withdrawal we just made and told me to show the ATM receipt to the agent.  (I didn't understand why this was important, and the agent didn't look at the ATM receipt.)

The new agent also said I didn't qualify because there were two months with no payments and 4 months with 2 or 3 payments.  When it looked like all was lost, my wife got emotional and made a little speech about, what a good guy I was; how difficult it was to even understand the rules let alone follow them; how for the last 8 years I've consistently brought money into the country and spent it; how I've not caused any problems; etc.

To my amazement, this worked! the agent made me attach to our file a handwritten note stating how I now understand the rules and next year I will follow them.  She then snapped my picture and took 1,900 baht, had us wait 2 more hours then returned my passport with a 1-year extension! My wife immediately took me to the office shrine where we thanked the Buddha.

Doesn't the law state that your payments must on AVERAGE add up to tthe minimum requirement.

Send 1 million Baht at the start of January (no possible tax bill this way) every year and you should be good. They're making this up as they go along.

32 minutes ago, burlap said:

To my amazement, this worked! the agent made me attach to our file a handwritten note stating how I now understand the rules and next year I will follow them.  She then snapped my picture and took 1,900 baht, had us wait 2 more hours then returned my passport with a 1-year extension!

Based on retirement?

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

Doesn't the law state that your payments must on AVERAGE add up to tthe minimum requirement.

Send 1 million Baht at the start of January (no possible tax bill this way) every year and you should be good. They're making this up as they go along.

The order I saw was very specific. 65,000 baht transferred to a Thai account each and every month for 12 months. 

If you can get an IO to accept an average all well and good, but he is within the regulations to reject it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

The monthly transfers must be at least 65k baht or more. A average income is not allowed for an extension based upon retirement.

A annual income is only allowed for the combination of money in the bank and income option the to reach a total of 800k baht 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The order I saw was very specific. 65,000 baht transferred to a Thai account each and every month for 12 months. 

If you can get an IO to accept an average all well and good, but he is within the regulations to reject it. 

I think it can be 65,000 or more, the important thing is that the amount is approximately the same every month.

7 hours ago, burlap said:

I think it can be 65,000 or more, the important thing is that the amount is approximately the same every month.

I am unsure that is a requirement, 65,000 minimum, each and every month. 

7 hours ago, rascalman said:

I now starting to worry. Do not have 800,000 baht or can show income from. US to Thailand Bank. 

So I am done for after 11 years here. What can I do? 

You did not mention when your is extension is due.

If you could do a few transfers of at least 6k5 baht for few months it should be accepted this year.

If less than 65k baht then you could use the combination option to reach total of annual income and money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht.

9 hours ago, rascalman said:

I now starting to worry. Do not have 800,000 baht or can show income from. US to Thailand Bank. 

So I am done for after 11 years here. What can I do? 

In an earlier post you stated you had retirement, social security and disability pensions but would not put them in a (Thai) bank.

Your done for, because of your stubbornness.

• Like 1