British rapist who was once arrested over death of Pattaya bar girl to be extradited to the UK

snoop1130

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In 2012, Vella, who had served 5 years in the British army, was sentenced to four years and nine months in a young offenders institution for raping a teenager near his home town of Worcester.

The article says he's 27. So he was born in 1992. Enlisted in the British Army at 15. Raped the teen at 20. 

1 hour ago, Lucius verus said:

I dont know any farangs who will go near bar towns anymore. Even Swiss men are on the nose. A massage lady I know in my street says Swiss want sex and marriage with Thai girls but not for money. Free!

I don't think that will work.  Lol

What is a bar town?

I live in a town with a population of approx 100,000, very few farangs but plenty of bars and ladies. I was in two of them last night (bars not ladies).

13 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

If anybody believes that the ( bar) girl really fell off a balcony "during sex", after reading that he'd raped a young girl, must be naive. 

Glad you put these thoughts to type !!! Thank you.

Unbelievable! This story makes me angry! So (good) expats with decades invested in Thailand must leave because of overstays or not enough cash to cover the 800 k. But a piece of crap like this guy looks like he got away with murder! Plus he's a drug dealer! Come on Thailand! Get up to speed... This is so f'ing wrong. 

2 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

There is no doubt that the farang demographic has changed dramatically since i moved here 19 years ago. Some posters on pdn are correct about Thais not being as friendly anymore towards foreigners. Can't blame them. Who wants to talk to theseุ tattooed scruffy bar knobs and their bar hooker companions? I dont know any farangs who will go near bar towns anymore. Even Swiss men are on the nose. A massage lady I know in my street says Swiss want sex and marriage with Thai girls but not for money. Free!

In the village where I live the Thai are all generally friendly to me. And I am pretty much the only farang.

Perhaps in cities the Thai are less trustworthy of (Western) foreigners, but here in the sticks it all seems fine. 

"But too many people might think that all white people are doing such things. Thailand is full of white trash, and it's time to remove them all."

I agree- the term "white trash"- I'm sure that other destinations are without people doing this and that, however, is it the alcohol? The obvious teasing from Thai women who have chosen that profession for understandable reasons. So ....considering legalized prostitution, exactly who is at fault? But when these people  either drink too much or are too stupid to see a scam, then caveat emptor. BUT- at the other end of the sprectrum...you prostitute yourself, then always a debatable happy ending.

Thank God, I am not female and in a dire situation. Easy to lend their bodies and how that must suck to them. In other countries, there are ways out. Thailand is NOT one of them.So the junta creates more anxiety than is normal. However, their "sweeping" presence means nothing. Always subjective- a given.Simple "stuff: seems to be outside of any Thai native.So be it...My thinking would hopefully lend to chalenges inthe court.Life is way too short- figure out importance.

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Jesus! The fella seems like a one man crime wave. Everywhere he goes there is trouble.

Hopefully he will not be bothering anyone outside of a UK jail for a while though.

This is the sort of person Thailand doesn't want and neither do those of us farang who live here.

The problem is that he is only the tip of the iceberg these days.  He is part of the entitlement age.  No responsibility, nor sense of responsibility, for anything he has ever done in his life.  Why doesn't the world do it his way?  Most probably no father figure in his life.

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Jesus! The fella seems like a one man crime wave. Everywhere he goes there is trouble.

Hopefully he will not be bothering anyone outside of a UK jail for a while though.

This is the sort of person Thailand doesn't want and neither do those of us farang who live here.

I kinda doubt any country wants him.

12 minutes ago, wolf81 said:

In the village where I live the Thai are all generally friendly to me. And I am pretty much the only farang.

Perhaps in cities the Thai are less trustworthy of (Western) foreigners, but here in the sticks it all seems fine. 

In the town where I live up here I get on better with the locals then I would have in Plymouth , maybe because being the only falung in town I stand out but in the walking street last night I must of spoken to a dozen locals selling their wares . 3 or 4 coffee shops in town I am greeted with a smile and a chat , the local massage lady greets me with a smile and she has not missed an appointment in about 5 years.   You can keep your faceless cities , rural life for me , jing jing , sher sher .

10 minutes ago, miamiman123 said:

Another quality import!

hang him high.

who will prosecute the death of Thai girl? He should not escape 

The death was ruled accidental so the law deemed there was nothing to prosecute.

If you are driving a motor vehicle and unintentionally cause someone's death you are prosecuted. Why this does not apply ro having sex on a balcony I am not clear.

13 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

not to mention the involvement in a very suspicious death

I wouldn't call it suspicious. Her bending over the balcony rail, he was behind having 'a go' at her in the sex act, very plausible.

7 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

In the town where I live up here I get on better with the locals then I would have in Plymouth , maybe because

being the only falung in town I stand out but in the walking street last night I must of spoken to a dozen locals selling their wares . 3 or 4 coffee shops in town I am greeted with a smile and a chat , the local massage lady greets me with a smile and she has not missed an appointment in about 5 years.   You can keep your faceless cities , rural life for me , jing jing , sher sher .

Good for you!

Somebody has to live in the village.  

13 hours ago, SteveK said:

It's these kinds of people which creates further xenophobia amongst the Thais and the government, which is not surprising really. Lock him up and throw away the key.

it also takes a narrow minded and ignorant person to think an entire group of people is the same in relation to a few people they have heard about. 

2 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

There is no doubt that the farang demographic has changed dramatically since i moved here 19 years ago. Some posters on pdn are correct about Thais not being as friendly anymore towards foreigners. Can't blame them. Who wants to talk to theseุ tattooed scruffy bar knobs and their bar hooker companions? I dont know any farangs who will go near bar towns anymore. Even Swiss men are on the nose. A massage lady I know in my street says Swiss want sex and marriage with Thai girls but not for money. Free!

Maybe these foreigners don't deserve any respect, many are perverts and criminals and looking down on locals, bringing nothing positive to this country.  No one will respect them anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

In the town where I live up here I get on better with the locals then I would have in Plymouth , maybe because being the only falung in town I stand out but in the walking street last night I must of spoken to a dozen locals selling their wares . 3 or 4 coffee shops in town I am greeted with a smile and a chat , the local massage lady greets me with a smile and she has not missed an appointment in about 5 years.   You can keep your faceless cities , rural life for me , jing jing , sher sher .

Where I live in Bangkok there is a great atmosphere and sense of community in the condos and houses of the soi, a short one where many people know each other and say hello. Country bumpkins think that big cities are always faceless but the reality is that we all live in a smaller area of a larger place. The difference for me if I want to escape the locals in my soi I can find a great alternative just a few minutes walk away or take a ride in a taxi to something else. City life beats living in the sticks hands down. 

On the question of Reece Vella.....people talk about law abiding retirees suffering and the 800 K stuff. Money talks. Have you not thought that Mr Vella could have escaped various raps because of his money from drugs and that this might have been why he remained free. Being centered around Pattaya it does beg the question. He was finally arrested in Bangkok, too.

Rooster

10 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Hang on please.

He'll be right back after he hunts down a dictionary.  :cheesy:

For what language :whistling:

Reading all of the outraged Thai Visa posts about this "scumbag and white trash" person harming the reputation of law abiding farang residents does somewhat remind me of the "outraged thai netizen posts" that the same thai visa posters love to denigrate.

His crimes arent my crimes and I dont feel any more or less accepted because of people like him and the other supposed white trash.

12 hours ago, benny1503 said:

I hope you mean White Trash not white people in general ??

Nope, why would I? I'm Caucasian, go to work from Mo to Fri, pay my taxes and always try to be polite to Thai people and foreigners.

I meant people like this guy who'd obviously killed, raped, stolen, dealt hard drugs, etc...

This sort of scum shouldn't be expedited back home he should have been put in a Thai prison and tortured for what he did till they could execute him

Would be a better place everywhere without him and his kind in the World 

When he gets home in England they'll only give him a slap on the hand and let him go to do the same again

He needs to be thought a lesson and executed

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Mercenary????

Probably Catering Core, and 5 years is odd. 3, 6, 9, 12 etc is the norm or maybe 2 years Junior Bleeders then 3.

More likely dishonourable discharge......   

Archived