Minnesota ex-officer gets 12-1/2 years in prison for Australian woman's shooting death

rooster59

Here's a hint sir Australia is NOT the United States.  You can't simply rape and shoot people at will like you could when you were a cop in the US no questions asked.  Australia judges will not magically dismiss all charges because "cop" and pretend that just because you are the kings enforcers you get to do whatever you want to whomever you want whenever you want.  He's used to being part of the untouchable aristocracy and apparently this got to his head and stayed there and he stupidly believed that his little aura of cannot do any wrong crosses borders.  No... enjoy prison you slime bag and I hope the guards inform all the other inmates that *you were a cop* and likely busted and took bribes from their friends.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, remorhaz said:

Here's a hint sir Australia is NOT the United States.  You can't simply rape and shoot people at will like you could when you were a cop in the US no questions asked.  Australia judges will not magically dismiss all charges because "cop" and pretend that just because you are the kings enforcers you get to do whatever you want to whomever you want whenever you want.  He's used to being part of the untouchable aristocracy and apparently this got to his head and stayed there and he stupidly believed that his little aura of cannot do any wrong crosses borders.  No... enjoy prison you slime bag and I hope the guards inform all the other inmates that *you were a cop* and likely busted and took bribes from their friends.

This shooting happened in America, not Australia. Yes, the victim was Australian.

9 minutes ago, remorhaz said:

"You can't simply rape and shoot people at will like you could when you were a cop in the US no questions asked."

Did you actually read the article? Do you understand that he was sentenced to 12.5 years?

"No... enjoy prison you slime bag and I hope the guards inform all the other inmates that *you were a cop* and likely busted and took bribes from their friends."

Is this how things are done in the Australia's superior system of justice?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Are you saying that Minnesota District Judge Kathryn Quaintance is a Somalian?  If not, what relevance does the ethnic makeup of the community have? 

Image result for Minnesota District Judge Kathryn Quaintance

Got some evidence to show her sentencing was influenced by pressure from the Somalian community?

There were community protests I am from there and we can agree to disagree. It isn't like he got an OJ deal or Smolleted out of it but it is relatively light.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

There were community protests I am from there and we can agree to disagree. It isn't like he got an OJ deal or Smolleted out of it but it is relatively light.

So far I can't find any figures on average sentencing for murder and manslaughter in Minnesota. Perhaps you can direct me to your sources?

• Haha 1

Just now, bristolboy said:

So far I can't find any figures on average sentencing for murder and manslaughter in Minnesota. Perhaps you can direct me to your sources?

Have a good one, once again I am not your clerk or court jester. I am from that state and the case is very famous and I have first hand observations that can never satisfy you with a source. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Suspect cryingdick was playing the race card by implying the jury pool was heavily populated with sympathetic American-Somalian citizens?

Further suspect, he's clueless re: mandatory sentencing.

Go figure.

No not at all it was wider protests. I also don't like being called a racist hick. So please mind your manners. I grew up in that district and am more aware of what happened than you are. Unless you live in Minneapolis.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Have a good one, once again I am not your clerk or court jester. I am from that state and the case is very famous and I have first hand observations that can never satisfy you with a source. 

I guess when you've got nothing one way to go is to resort to claims of personal experience. 

Edited by bristolboy
  • Confused 1

Just now, bristolboy said:

I guess when you've got nothing one way to go is to resort to claims of personal experience. So tell me, how many times have you been sentenced for murder or manslaughter and how many years did you get?

Yes, I agree.

• Thanks 1

You wouldnt want to be a US taxpayer would you.? Week after week there are massive multi million dollar law suits always settled out of court.The police budget is taxpayers money. Is that the source of the compo?

All cops should be personally insured .If one of them murders a citizen then the insurance company pays out.

High premiums should slow down the trigger happy boneheads and Rambo's in US police departments.

• Like 1

Just now, Lucius verus said:

You wouldnt want to be a US taxpayer would you.? Week after week there are massive multi million dollar law suits always settled out of court.The police budget is taxpayers money. Is that the source of the compo?

All cops should be personally insured .If one of them murders a citizen then the insurance company pays out.

High premiums should slow down the trigger happy boneheads and Rambo's in US police departments.

I am a US tax payer. This is the reason I am the way I am.

29 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I also don't like being called a racist hick. So please mind your manners.

I didn't call you a "hick".

Strange that you went there? Defensive are we?

29 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I grew up in that district and am more aware of what happened than you are.

Grappling with the relevance? You grew up there last year? We bow to your local knowledge.

Anxiously waiting for Juicy-Lucy and Fish-Fry reviews.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Confused 1