Fix a dash cam and get a 20,000 baht prize! New idea to shame (and prosecute) nutty Thai drivers

rooster59

Are the Old Bill eligible also ..

This ain't nowt new .. There's hundreds nay faas'aands of dashcam vids on Y T under car crash Thailand .. a UK mate stays up for hrs watching 'em asking " do they really drive like this over there " .. I say just look at the casualty rate for the answer .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1

I could have a field day with this one......LOL

Not sure if I could show the best, but I can show daily consistently bad behavior, mainly no blinkers while lane changing, I especially love it when cars crisscross each others lanes with no blinkers, near misses everyday, must be the amulets saving them ????

22 minutes ago, clokwise said:

Isn't that draconian online defamation law still in place? This seems like an excellent way to get yourself thrown in jail by posting a video of a bad driver who didn't want to be "shamed".

Defamation would be a "false" claim, I think video would prove it wasn't false.

Section 330. Truth as a Defense

In case of defamation, if the person prosecuted for defamation can prove that the imputation made by him is true, he shall not be punished. But he shall not be allowed to prove if such imputation concerns personal matters, and such proof will not be benefit to the public.

Edited by ocddave

The good Doctor says that he would prefer that the owner of the video uploads it to their personal Facebook account, then his staff will trawl Facebook. The question is, where will he find the staff in Thailand who have the necessary skills.

22 hours ago, shady86 said:

Useless idea. It only works if people here knows the meaning of shame. Shame doesn't exist in Thailand.

Useless comment, read the story: "Many of the posts result in police prosecutions." 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

just how much does a dash cam cost??

the outlay just might be more than the stupendous prizes on offer (if they exist)!!!!

If you are a Farang especially it is more about what it might save in a dispute with a liar and an assistant cop. I have front and back. The rear one after it cost me 2.000 baht unfairly. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2019 at 11:52 AM, rooster59 said:

Dr Thaejing said that he would prefer motorists to post on their own Facebook pages.

How could Dr Thaejing and his staff possibly Know where to look with millions of accounts. How do they obtain user names?