My monthly expenses/payments as a family man living in Thailand

HNWI

9 minutes ago, HNWI said:

My costs of living will no longer increase. In around 5 years I will sell my cars and travel. I am always trying not to spend money but I am enjoying life. There is a balance which pulls from either end.

Yes, I understand, no worries.  I'm not critical of your Post in any way.  Been there done with that with big houses and cars.  Done well for yourself so enjoy it!  :thumbsup:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, madmen said:

57k in Bangkok sounds about right for a newish 3 bedroom 150 sqm condo around Asoke. Not everyone wants to live in a shoebox on Pattayas dark side

The shoe box, as you love to phrase it, is a lot better than what a lot of your countrymen can afford. Don,t knock a roof over your head.At least here one can survive without sleeping in the streets which is now common place in “The lucky country”

7 minutes ago, Olmate said:

The shoe box, as you love to phrase it, is a lot better than what a lot of your countrymen can afford. Don,t knock a roof over your head.At least here one can survive without sleeping in the streets which is now common place in “The lucky country”

What nonsense. Anybody can get share accommodation in oz for $70 a week and then knock off rent assistance and call it $50 and free medicare and nearly free meds. 

Or stay in a moldy old 5k room the dark side and die on the floor because no money to pay even the ambulance to hospital

11 minutes ago, madmen said:

What nonsense. Anybody can get share accommodation in oz for $70 a week and then knock off rent assistance and call it $50 and free medicare and nearly free meds. 

Or stay in a moldy old 5k room the dark side and die on the floor because no money to pay even the ambulance to hospital

Best you check in with the Salvos and similar orgs and let them know.Dont post rubbish when so many here know otherwise,ruins your credibility. EG On another thread I noticed you referred to Sunny Coast as NQ.

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Yes, I understand, no worries.  I'm not critical of your Post in any way.  Been there done with that with big houses and cars.  Done well for yourself so enjoy it!  :thumbsup:

Thank you. It's an experience just like traveling.  I have certainly worked my ass off for it.

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Best you check in with the Salvos and similar orgs and let them know.Dont post rubbish when so many here know otherwise,ruins your credibility. EG On another thread I noticed you referred to Sunny Coast as NQ.

What are you babbling on about lol. Try posting sober

21 hours ago, HNWI said:

I do not have or need health insurance.

Everyone gets sick or has an accident. Ok if one has several million put aside for such, but most of us not so lucky.

Re your outgoings- do you look for the most expensive options possible, or do you just want to make us envious?

7 hours ago, madmen said:

What are you babbling on about lol. Try posting sober

Try not to be the Oz expert then and suggest retirees have it easy in Oz, at least get it that North Queensland does not start at the Sunshine Coast and admit that homelessness particularly amongst the aged is bad thus my reference to the Salvation Army. Your put down of folk who live in shoebox rooms in Thailand puts the lie to renting a share room in Oz.

As to my posting sober ..pretty lame slap.

10 hours ago, amykat said:

I don’t think you are an expat HNWI.  I have a feeling you are Thai, small things are telling me this.  Many, many little clues!!! 

What do I have to gain by pretending I'm a foreigner, if I was a Thai?

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Everyone gets sick or has an accident. Ok if one has several million put aside for such, but most of us not so lucky.

Re your outgoings- do you look for the most expensive options possible, or do you just want to make us envious?

I put the insurance money that I would have paid into investments.  It works out alot cheaper long term, especially as the money compounds.  

Who said you were pretending to be a foreigner exactly ...you never stated you were, you just speak English well and are making us think that obviously ...I think you are not a farang.  If not a Thai maybe another Asian. Or just trolling us.  No reason for you to be here making these posts, it doesn’t make sense for the most part ....unless you don’t make sense, and you do not!!!   Do you want to claim a personality disorder at the very minimum???  Or just be Thai??

Here we go then, monthly:

School: 91.000

Mortgage: 47.000

Medical Insurance: 16.000

Eating and drinking out: 60.000

Electric: 4000

Phones: 4000

Car: Paid for

Maid (part time): 5000

Holidays: 30.000

Up the Village: 10.000

Other bits and bobs: 20.000

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Who said you were pretending to be a foreigner exactly ...you never stated you were, you just speak English well and are making us think that obviously ...I think you are not a farang.  If not a Thai maybe another Asian. Or just trolling us.  No reason for you to be here making these posts, it doesn’t make sense for the most part ....unless you don’t make sense, and you do not!!!   Do you want to claim a personality disorder at the very minimum???  Or just be Thai??

You seem to be really offended by this guy.  If he's a troll, he wouldn't be coming back again and again to explain himself.  The guy's taking some bullets but is handling it pretty well.

There have been a number of threads with expats talking about their expenses in Thailand.  Typically, it's some guy claiming to be raising a family on 20k a month.  And of course, he'll get roasted for being a loser/cheap charlie.  Well here we have a guy who's actually got some money and people are attacking him for boasting/making it up.  Can't win. 

But maybe he dispels the myth that only poor white trash comes to Thailand.  This will seriously vex the haters.      

Ah living the life - up to the eyeballs in debt ( if of course any of this is true? ) loans, car payments, mortgages etc etc .

That alone would give me apoplexy.

The way to a simple stress free life is never to owe anything to anybody .

Now people if you were sitting at home and thinking - what can I post - perhaps something challenging, interesting, what is this snake? Perhaps something pleasant .

No I’m going to post - WOW I’m a rich guy - watch out you peasants.

Personally I think this yet another troll post .

Sucks to be you.  Well, unless you Titled your OP as: 
I'm Richer Than You Cheap Charlies. 

Really - how pathetic you are. Go boast to someone who cares.

BTW - are running a BitCoin Farm in your apartment - Lmao!!! 

It makes me feel better when someone spends more than me, but not when they are earning so much more than me: so below per month 

I am mortguage/rent 35k currently no tenant in other property so is 70k

electric 5-8k

school is 90k for 2

car is 35k ish

food ? mix of line man and orders from tops /others for cooking

then loads of payments the other half sorts out including medical insurance for 4 life insurance for 2, car tax stuffetc, 100 - 200k every 2 or 3 months

with no where near close enough being invested

all done on 2 salaries, I think though don't actually know all ins and outs

no loans though, I think

1 hour ago, theonetrueaussie said:

OH man the op is a CHEAP CHARLIE here is my monthly expenses

Rent 16 million THB
car 8 million THB
electric 210 million THB

internet 600 THB

Cat 16 Billion THB

Cat is 16 billion?

Cant afford a dog you cheap bastard?

On 6/9/2019 at 1:01 AM, thequietman said:

OK, here goes .......

Rent : 0 (built the house, so paid for)

Electric : 900 baht (hot season 1,600 aircon)

Part-time maid : 0 (wife and I clean our own home, ye lazy sod ???? )

Uni, 1 son :  3,000 school fees (9.000 per semester (so that's 3000 a month) rent : 1,500, Leccy and food etc 6,000 a month)

Total per month : 10,000

Mortgage : 0

Car payments : truck and car paid for. Ins about 500 a month

Loans : none

Investments : property in UK paid for.

Eating out : 500 a month

Internet : 600 a month

Total about 12,000 give or take. Once son graduates, take 10,000 off. Monthly food, beer etc bout 8,000 a month.

Forgot health : pay into the gov scheme, here so 500 a month, so covered. 1,000 baht od dental care annually included in that)

So wen son gets a job, total outgoings will be around : 10 - 12,000 and we don't scrimp. Buy what we want, when we want it. Country life. ????

Wow you do all that on only 10 - 12,000 THB and in Dubai? Last time Ii was there, admittedly in the 80s it was rather more expensive.  Or have you changed your location?

Archived