My monthly expenses/payments as a family man living in Thailand

HNWI

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have the money I say enjoy yourself and if you are still working and bringing in money that is your choice but you are living on borrow time since you have outstanding loans. 

Seems you are living the Western dream " keeping up with the Jones " " living for today "

Good luck!

Do not pay attention the the naysayers. Fact is most were clock watchers. Put their time in went home. And there is nothing wrong with that. Not every does well. Or even wants too. Not everyone puts the time in to do more. They seem to think it is hard to make a good living. Nigh impossible in fact they say. Why? Because they never saved. They never took a risk. They never did any thing else. They bad mouth Trump yet he made good. His name on buildings? Theirs not so much. Did he have set backs? Sure. You fall off your bike you get back on. Trump did that. Robert Allen? The real estate guy is fond of saying "If you always do, what you have always; you will always have, what you always had." Most on here did that. And it is fine. Some though built a lemonade stand. Got that paper route, Mowed lawns, etcetera and never looked back. Sad they get bad mouthed here.

They seem to not realize in the US a blue collar truck driver. Can EASILY earn 90 to 100k USD per annum. That is driving as an employee, not even owning your own equipment. I PERSONALLY know several that make more than that.

Kinder-Morgan in the Chicagoland area pays over 30 USD per hour. And that is Union scale. That is a blue collar job. Base is 62k a year. And they work a lot of OT.

My first foray here. I asked if anyone had actually bought property in Thailand. I knew it could be done LEGALLY. Though many of the experts here said no. But as a US citizen I can legally own LAND. There is a treaty saying I can. There are restrictions of course. How much and where being the 2 relevant ones. The where is subject to change because the interior minister can allow purchases outside the treaty defined locales. Those are approved on a case by case basis. My question was with all the people here. Did anyone know someone who had? That was a no from the responses. But that I wanted to buy they said was stupid. Too me rent is stupid. Making another rich while you could be doing it yourself. Or buy a condo. I cannot do what I want with a condo. I cannot go out and walk naked in my own garden with the nymphs in a condo. Should I choose to do that. Property ownership is the NUMBER ONE source of wealth in the world. 

For those that will say Bill Gates 80 billion is not all in property. True enough I grant you. But MOST PEOPLE are not billionaires. They work, save and build. Their homes usually are their most expensive asset. That is where most of the world's wealth is. Ye older family domicile. It is usually the largest purchase you will ever make.

3 minutes ago, tacoofthehillpeople said:

Too me rent is stupid. Making another rich while you could be doing it yourself. Or buy a condo. I cannot do what I want with a condo. I cannot go out and walk naked in my own garden with the nymphs in a condo. Should I choose to do that. Property ownership is the NUMBER ONE source of wealth in the world. 

Agree 100%, I have a silent laugh at the folks who chirp in with only rent.

8 hours ago, amykat said:

Who said you were pretending to be a foreigner exactly ...you never stated you were, you just speak English well and are making us think that obviously ...I think you are not a farang.  If not a Thai maybe another Asian. Or just trolling us.  No reason for you to be here making these posts, it doesn’t make sense for the most part ....unless you don’t make sense, and you do not!!!   Do you want to claim a personality disorder at the very minimum???  Or just be Thai??

No point me replying to unconstructive posts

8 hours ago, bubblehead said:

Here we go then, monthly:

School: 91.000

Mortgage: 47.000

Medical Insurance: 16.000

Eating and drinking out: 60.000

Electric: 4000

Phones: 4000

Car: Paid for

Maid (part time): 5000

Holidays: 30.000

Up the Village: 10.000

Other bits and bobs: 20.000

This shows others what we are up against with school fees. Thanks for sharing.

7 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Do you actually think that the average person is really interested in an anonymous person's monthly living expences ?

No. But some people are

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

You seem to be really offended by this guy.  If he's a troll, he wouldn't be coming back again and again to explain himself.  The guy's taking some bullets but is handling it pretty well.

There have been a number of threads with expats talking about their expenses in Thailand.  Typically, it's some guy claiming to be raising a family on 20k a month.  And of course, he'll get roasted for being a loser/cheap charlie.  Well here we have a guy who's actually got some money and people are attacking him for boasting/making it up.  Can't win. 

But maybe he dispels the myth that only poor white trash comes to Thailand.  This will seriously vex the haters.      

I will stick around and reply for a while. I might even start some more threads. Thank you.

5 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Ah living the life - up to the eyeballs in debt ( if of course any of this is true? ) loans, car payments, mortgages etc etc .

That alone would give me apoplexy.

The way to a simple stress free life is never to owe anything to anybody .

Now people if you were sitting at home and thinking - what can I post - perhaps something challenging, interesting, what is this snake? Perhaps something pleasant .

No I’m going to post - WOW I’m a rich guy - watch out you peasants.

Personally I think this yet another troll post .

I came from a poor family, I dont look down on others. I only help people and inspire them. I only have good debt, i keep writing this. Let me do the worrying, its the nature of business.

5 hours ago, connda said:

Sucks to be you.  Well, unless you Titled your OP as: 
I'm Richer Than You Cheap Charlies. 

Really - how pathetic you are. Go boast to someone who cares.

BTW - are running a BitCoin Farm in your apartment - Lmao!!! 

No one forced you to open the thread or reply

5 hours ago, connda said:

By the way - with your 31 posts?  I don't believe you.  
How amusing.  You must incredibly screwed up.

I am too busy to hang around and post. I work all day everyday.

5 hours ago, manchega said:

It makes me feel better when someone spends more than me, but not when they are earning so much more than me: so below per month 

I am mortguage/rent 35k currently no tenant in other property so is 70k

electric 5-8k

school is 90k for 2

car is 35k ish

food ? mix of line man and orders from tops /others for cooking

then loads of payments the other half sorts out including medical insurance for 4 life insurance for 2, car tax stuffetc, 100 - 200k every 2 or 3 months

with no where near close enough being invested

all done on 2 salaries, I think though don't actually know all ins and outs

no loans though, I think

Thanks for sharing

5 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Some very strange  numbers. You need to get a grip. You are being taken for a ride.

No one has taken me for a ride.

4 hours ago, kenk24 said:

why would you both pay rent and a mortgage? keep us posted on whats for desert. 

I have property that i rent out. I dont want to buy a big house to live in, I can move freely and put my money in better investments.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I thought that was exactly what trolls do.

It's the hired 'clickbait' writers that don't post again.

Im real and i am very well know in Bangkok

4 hours ago, Bendi said:

Your ego is proabably 100% bigger than your monthly expences.

I don't agree but maybe I come across as too confident

4 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I have no problem spending their own money how ever they choose.

Curious as to how the OP actually earns his money. Expat worker, on line investor who works hard and knows what he's doing?

I have businesses in Thailand and online. But I also trade and invest.

2 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Go back to your home country, you can afford anything 

I love living in Thailand

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

If you have the money I say enjoy yourself and if you are still working and bringing in money that is your choice but you are living on borrow time since you have outstanding loans. 

Seems you are living the Western dream " keeping up with the Jones " " living for today "

Good luck!

I can sell assets if I needed to. My income is from several sources.

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

I’ll bite. What’s your monthly salary for context....

My income is approaching 1m a month, doesnt include investments and asset appreciation.

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Isn't considered rather vulgar to flaunt your personal financial position?????

If your name is attached to it I agree. I havent spoken about net worth. I thought i would give an insight to the other end of the spectrum.

28 minutes ago, bubblehead said:

All it takes is a couple of kids at a private school, a decent house and car and before you know it you are pushing over 200k a month.

Thousands of expats are in that position.

Nothing wrong with that.

Yep. But they wont dare talk about it online because of the haters. I have friends with 100m baht houses and 7plus cars. They live privately like i do.

24 minutes ago, tacoofthehillpeople said:

Do not pay attention the the naysayers. Fact is most were clock watchers. Put their time in went home. And there is nothing wrong with that. Not every does well. Or even wants too. Not everyone puts the time in to do more. They seem to think it is hard to make a good living. Nigh impossible in fact they say. Why? Because they never saved. They never took a risk. They never did any thing else. They bad mouth Trump yet he made good. His name on buildings? Theirs not so much. Did he have set backs? Sure. You fall off your bike you get back on. Trump did that. Robert Allen? The real estate guy is fond of saying "If you always do, what you have always; you will always have, what you always had." Most on here did that. And it is fine. Some though built a lemonade stand. Got that paper route, Mowed lawns, etcetera and never looked back. Sad they get bad mouthed here.

They seem to not realize in the US a blue collar truck driver. Can EASILY earn 90 to 100k USD per annum. That is driving as an employee, not even owning your own equipment. I PERSONALLY know several that make more than that.

Kinder-Morgan in the Chicagoland area pays over 30 USD per hour. And that is Union scale. That is a blue collar job. Base is 62k a year. And they work a lot of OT.

My first foray here. I asked if anyone had actually bought property in Thailand. I knew it could be done LEGALLY. Though many of the experts here said no. But as a US citizen I can legally own LAND. There is a treaty saying I can. There are restrictions of course. How much and where being the 2 relevant ones. The where is subject to change because the interior minister can allow purchases outside the treaty defined locales. Those are approved on a case by case basis. My question was with all the people here. Did anyone know someone who had? That was a no from the responses. But that I wanted to buy they said was stupid. Too me rent is stupid. Making another rich while you could be doing it yourself. Or buy a condo. I cannot do what I want with a condo. I cannot go out and walk naked in my own garden with the nymphs in a condo. Should I choose to do that. Property ownership is the NUMBER ONE source of wealth in the world. 

For those that will say Bill Gates 80 billion is not all in property. True enough I grant you. But MOST PEOPLE are not billionaires. They work, save and build. Their homes usually are their most expensive asset. That is where most of the world's wealth is. Ye older family domicile. It is usually the largest purchase you will ever make.

My property is in my wifes name but only the commercials get a 6% yield. I am selling them soon to put the money in shares. Thanks for sticking up for me, lots of wealthy understand my position.  The haters dont see the price we pay to get here.

I see many lower end budgets being written online, I decided to post the expenses and payments that I have monthly.  

Rent 57,000
Electric 18,000-20,000
Part time Maid 9000
School for one child 43,000 per month

Mortgages 126,000 of which 82,000 covered from rent

Car repayment 129,000 per month

Investments 200,000-300,000 per month 

Loan repayments per month

Eating out/spending outside 30,000 per month 
Online subscriptions 15,000 per month 

There are lots of other expenses and costs. But that's all the bulky consistent ones.  I have missed a few intentionally, I do not have or need health insurance.
Ridiculous. So much income and there is not even a "mia noi" in your budget.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

OMG, you only respond to ass-kissers.  Everyone who has responded with intelligent curious questions you have blown off.  You relate to that freak who just wrote above who has never been here before and seems to have only READ about driving trucks to earn a so-called high income???  That is your definition of wealthy people who understand you?  Or is it the group of mentors who you follow around in better cars than you have ...do they sell you things while mentoring you???  More cars  ....more trades ....are you growing pot with all those lights, what???  Maybe you are the butler for someone who is away and that is why you don’t quite understand your own investments and can only talk about it in a superficial way ...bits and pieces you have heard your boss say here and there???

17 minutes ago, HNWI said:

My property is in my wifes name but only the commercials get a 6% yield. I am selling them soon to put the money in shares. Thanks for sticking up for me, lots of wealthy understand my position.  The haters dont see the price we pay to get here.

They seem to not realize middle managers make 6 figure salaries. Have for awhile now.

A new roller at 350k is 187k baht a month.

And sorry if you worked 30 or 40 years and do not have 800k saved. You made poor life decisions. 

Some I am sure had tragedy strike. But the vast majority? Sorry, you chose poorly. 

59 minutes ago, tacoofthehillpeople said:

I am with you on the notion that property ownership is the number one source of wealth. I had a business strategy of having a number of branches of my company all over the country. While the business is not so profitable , all the premises were bought on mortgage of 10 years so after 10 years, I owned all the properties. So I am quite sure the op is not Asian because Asian won’t rent which is money down the drain. He would buy instead. I currently lived in a house for past 7 years which I bought outright for 14 million baht in Bangkok. Think how much rent I would had paid all these years? . My neighboring house is renting for about 60,000 baht a month. 

On 6/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, HNWI said:

I see many lower end budgets being written online, I decided to post the expenses and payments that I have monthly.  

Rent 57,000

Electric 18,000-20,000

Part time Maid 9000

School for one child 43,000 per month

Mortgages 126,000 of which 82,000 covered from rent

Car repayment 129,000 per month

Investments 200,000-300,000 per month 

Loan repayments per month

Eating out/spending outside 30,000 per month 

Online subscriptions 15,000 per month 

There are lots of other expenses and costs. But that's all the bulky consistent ones.  I have missed a few intentionally, I do not have or need health insurance.

I spend that kind of money for three months that I spend in Zurich during the scorching heat of Bangkok. Why somebody will spend that kid of money in in dump like Thailand to inhale polluted air, smell stinky sois, be ruled by an Authoritarian government, subjected to the humiliation and inconveniences of immigration. 

30 minutes ago, amykat said:

OMG, you only respond to ass-kissers.  Everyone who has responded with intelligent curious questions you have blown off.  You relate to that freak who just wrote above who has never been here before and seems to have only READ about driving trucks to earn a so-called high income???  That is your definition of wealthy people who understand you?  Or is it the group of mentors who you follow around in better cars than you have ...do they sell you things while mentoring you???  More cars  ....more trades ....are you growing pot with all those lights, what???  Maybe you are the butler for someone who is away and that is why you don’t quite understand your own investments and can only talk about it in a superficial way ...bits and pieces you have heard your boss say here and there???

I have replied to everyone.  Ask me some intelligent investing or business questions then.

Archived