Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Marriage Visa

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

No financial proof is needed at many Thai embassies and consulates.

The consulates in Savannakhet Laos or Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam do not require it.

I like that Idea!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

No financial proof is needed at many Thai embassies and consulates.

The consulates in Savannakhet Laos or Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam do not require it.

Good. I am getting tired of all these rule changes and now see inspections as part of this circus act. Its just getting more tiresome!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PunaBrian said:

Seems EVERY CHANGWAT HAS their rules, TODAY... (June 14, 2019 Phuket)

Phuket immigration is the worst for making up their own rules and changing them every few days.

Other offices strictly go by the official rules that seldom change.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Phuket immigration is the worst for making up their own rules and changing them every few days.

Other offices strictly go by the official rules that seldom change.

Thanks Ubonjoe... I'm a victim of that... changed drastically from a week ago, when I got the paperwork list, did it by detail, went today, changed completely for the Marriage Visa, monthly income from Foreign TT... give me a headache now.

5 hours ago, PunaBrian said:

Seems EVERY CHANGWAT HAS their rules, TODAY... (June 14, 2019 Phuket)

1. You need 400,K Hard cold in the bank for 2 months prior to application for marriage extention, it cannot be LESS> monthly 40,000+ pensions won't work, today. Last week it was fine.

2. if you have a work permit, then you also need to show salary pay statements for prior 3 months to your application, showing a minimum of 50K a month income. Plus company papers from the business that you work for.

3. It will likely change again, maybe a few days or a few months, but it WILL change. 

4. do you think it will be for the better? 555!

It will keep changing until they get enough agent-money.  It's how many offices work - make it a nightmare for enough that they get "extra" money from a good segment. 

On 6/11/2019 at 3:07 AM, Gerard052 said:

First, thank you very much for the info.  If I can get by with a 40K monthly income that will be great.  All I would have to do is bring a copy of my monthly pension statement.  The reason why I was asking is because normally I get a retirement Visa and if they come out with compulsory health insurance, I will have to go with the marriage Visa as I don't want to pay tons of money for health insurance.  I am from Canada, in good health, 73 years old, soon to be 74 and I have enough money in the bank back home to cover medical bills if the need arises and I don't want to tie up my money in a Thai Bank.  I only go to Thailand for 5-6 months a year and I have an insurance that covers me for 40 days outside the country.  I checked one place in Pattaya last winter and they didn't insure over 65 years old.

You can get a non-O visa, as I understand, and you'll get 90 days unlimited visa, just have to leave the country every 90 days, OR just get a 90 day tourist visa get a 30 day extension, then another 90 day visa and you're golden... no need to get any other visa...Max 7 months