Video: Crafty old farang steals a Thai's money at supermarket checkout

webfact

6 hours ago, mstevens said:

If you saw someone drop money in a situation like that and didn't mention it to them and rather surreptitiously picked it up and kept it for yourself, that in my mind is the same as stealing it. Shameful, that man!

Agreed

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was is noticed by security staff ? Why not intervene and tell the customer lady !

Or is there someone in Friendship store watching the video later to check the cahiers ?

I agree the customer is stealing but I just wonder how a video like that is posted later  and by who ?

He could have a very big problem for he put his foot on the note and it has a photo of the King. That is disrespecting the King.  When a coin rolls away from you don't put your foot on it to stop it that is also a big problem you could end up in jail.  The guy might very well end up in jail

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If he sees this video on here, those 6 toilet rolls he bought won't last long, he will be shitting himself for the next few days !????

At the very least he can't go back to Friendship Market. But he's very recognizable. 

7 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

Was is noticed by security staff ? Why not intervene and tell the customer lady !

Or is there someone in Friendship store watching the video later to check the cahiers ?

I agree the customer is stealing but I just wonder how a video like that is posted later  and by who ?

Almost certainly someone was reviewing the footage of the cashiers later.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

We must admit, the temptation of pocketing 20 bhat that are not yours, what an adrenaline rush must it be, poor guy, he must have needed that 20 baht badly...

...more than likely a multi-millionaire??!!????

7 hours ago, mstevens said:

If you saw someone drop money in a situation like that and didn't mention it to them and rather surreptitiously picked it up and kept it for yourself, that in my mind is the same as stealing it. Shameful, that man!

It's not the same as stealing, legally it is stealing, in most western countries. In the UK it is covered by the Theft Act 1969 

Basic definition of theft.

(1)A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it; and “thief” and “steal” shall be construed accordingly.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60

Not sure what the law is in Thailand, but I imagine similar in this case.

A despicable act by a disgraceful excuse for a farang.  It's people like him that give us all a bad name.

UPDATE:

Video: Farang thief at the checkout got 2,000 baht, Thai shopper tells Thaivisa

Fa2.jpg

Video screenshot

A Thai woman working in Pattaya has told Thaivisa how she lost 2,000 baht at a checkout at the Friendship Supermarket in South Pattaya. 

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1105783-video-farang-thief-at-the-checkout-got-2000-baht-thai-shopper-tells-thaivisa/

6 minutes ago, mikosan said:

It's not the same as stealing, legally it is stealing, in most western countries. In the UK it is covered by the Theft Act 1969 

Basic definition of theft.

(1)A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it; and “thief” and “steal” shall be construed accordingly.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60

Not sure what the law is in Thailand, but I imagine similar in this case.

A despicable act by a disgraceful excuse for a farang.  It's people like him that give us all a bad name.

According to the law in Thailand it is stealing also.

OK, two things.

One. It wasn't me!

Two. I assume he will be caught. Being caught might destroy his life. Was his behavior horrible? Yes. Is there any defense for it? No. But it wasn't exactly the crime of century and it was a crime of opportunity meaning I wouldn't worry about him breaking into houses. My point is assuming he is caught is that the consequences will probably end up being way out of proportion to the crime. 

Signed, bleeding heart. 

Confuses say, No fool like an old fool. silly guy, isnt it a crime or some

big bad deal to put your foot on something that has a picture on it, especially

a royal person. i got told if you drop money dont put your foot on it to stop it

blowing away, its a big insult to a thai and the royal family, or was someone taking

the piss out of me and having me on.

Archived