Where In Cm To Buy Cpu And Software

Dustoff

~

I would like to find a reasonably priced but quality CPU (only) and good gaming software for my 11-year old step-son.

I have all the peripherals so only need the CPU. This is only going to be used by a youngster so most important is where to find a good selection of gaming and learning software. Has anyone seen combination game/English/typing software? The kid may as well be learning something while he plays...

Thanks

Get most of my computer gear from Goodspeed Computers, upstairs at Computer Plaza. The shop directly underneath has loads of software.

A big second for Goodspeed. They are excellent. I have bought a couple of computers but they frequently help me sort out any problems and often don't charge. Quality service.

• 5 weeks later...

first seee what you need .

is good to set up a system but make sure is INTEL CHIP .

instead of the SIS or other VIA chip which have alot of problem .

Since is for a 10 yearsold kids you may not need a very powerful system , i am using a p122hz for 57 years and then a P3 1500hz now .

if i got the spec right .

bascially you need a to match it .. since you have the motherboard . you need to find what what match it ..

Most CPU will be in the P% or Dual core product which is new .. so you might be hutning for a second hand CPU instead of a new one to match your set .

RAM is importance - can try the old ram if you can get the guy to claim it with in 3 month if it got problem ..

Com plaza , icon , and the computer complex after tanain market on the highway can provide you with your needs ,.

.good luck

The best typing software would be a simple Chat line software whahhaah your kids can chat and learn at the same time .

whahah there are also alot of typing software free for download online .

try w w w . download . com

first seee what you need .

is good to set up a system but make sure is INTEL CHIP .

instead of the SIS or other VIA chip which have alot of problem .

Since is for a 10 yearsold kids you may not need a very powerful system , i am using a p122hz for 57 years and then a P3 1500hz now .

if i got the spec right .

bascially you need a to match it .. since you have the motherboard . you need to find what what match it ..

Most CPU will be in the P% or Dual core product which is new .. so you might be hutning for a second hand CPU instead of a new one to match your set .

RAM is importance - can try the old ram if you can get the guy to claim it with in 3 month if it got problem ..

Com plaza , icon , and the computer complex after tanain market on the highway can provide you with your needs ,.

.good luck

The best typing software would be a simple Chat line software whahhaah your kids can chat and learn at the same time .

whahah there are also alot of typing software free for download online .

try w w w . download . com

Thanks TA but by CPU I meant the whole computer minus the peripherals outside the box. Thanks for all the good advice however - you don't look that old... :o

Good Speed assembled a unit to my specs in a short time and for a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend them.

Gratitude also to P1P for the numbers. I had ordered a few parts and they lost my number to call when they were in. Turns out they are closed Fri thru Mon for the festival anyway.