Is it still 14 days before and 7 days after allowed for 90 day Report?

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Technically the 7 days is to do the report.

No problem with leaving the country without doing one since they do not look for them at departure immigration.

But if you local offices notices you did not do the report before leaving they could fine you 2000 baht for not doing it when doing your first report after returning to the country.

Thanks Joe. But isn't when you depart somewhat technically like a report to immigration, even though it's at the airport? Last year, I managed to leave the country before the 90 days every time, so didn't actually do a report to the local immigration once. For the last 4-5 years, the most I've reported in a 12 month period has been once and never had any issues when it comes to renewing my extension each year

2 minutes ago, thewaggaringa said:

But isn't when you depart somewhat technically like a report to immigration, even though it's at the airport?

The requirement to to report ends if you leave on or before you have stayed 90 consecutive days in the country.

More than 90 days and a report should of been done before leaving but it is not often enforced when you do a report later if you stay more than 90 days.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:09 AM, thewaggaringa said:

But isn't when you depart somewhat technically like a report to immigration, even though it's at the airport?

No. The purpose of the report is to update your address for the next 90 day period. It's an address report rather than you reporting yourself to immigration.

As you're leaving the country immigration at the airport or elsewhere have no interest in where you are not going to be living.