Democrat party split over sharing of cabinet seats

webfact

Democrat party split over sharing of cabinet seats

Surin.jpg

The Democrat party is split over the sharing of eight cabinet posts allocated to them by the Palang Pracharat party.

The party’s executive committee is scheduled to meet at 2pm this afternoon to discuss who, among the party members, are qualified for the eight posts. Party MPs will join the meeting at 3pm.

The positions offered to the Democrats are:

One deputy prime minister

Commerce minister

An agriculture post

Social development and human security minister

Four deputy ministerial posts for transport, interior, public health and education

A well-informed party source said that a group of party members, who were closely associated with Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban’s People’s Democratic Reform Committee which spearheaded the protests against the government of Yingluck Shinawatra, and candidates contesting the party leadership post want the party’s list of potential ministers to be reviewed.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/democrat-party-split-over-sharing-of-cabinet-seats/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-14

3 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

I wonder what became of the pronouncement that Prayut was going to pick his own cabinet. How does this fit with the parties scrapping over who they want to be in "their" ministries.

He did. The parties are scrapping over deputy and minor positions in ministeries controlled by PPRP.

Edited by SABloke

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The party’s executive committee is scheduled to meet at 2pm this afternoon to discuss who, among the party members, are qualified for the eight posts. Party MPs will join the meeting at 3pm.

It is obviously not about being the most qualified, but rather being the most powerful in terms of "markers" to call in. I expect Suthep's side will do well out of this.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

You have that completely wrong, these upstanding turn-coats are sacrificing themselves for the betterment of Thailand - I can't understand how could you make such a untrue and nasty comment "they are doing it for the money". 

If the betterment of Thailand meant last 5 years under military rule and next 4 years of dictatorship democracy, hey you may be right and I should fell remorseful to cast them in a bad light. Then these heroes deserved their bribes oops should be reward working for this undeserving government. 

• Haha 1