Nok Air to Mae Sot

Does anyone know what's happening with Nok Air to and from Mae Sot? Nok are currently discounting flights to other airports down to 600 baht, yet flights to Mae Sot are 2,129 baht minimum, however far you book ahead. No Nok Lite or Nok Max either. It's actually cheaper to fly to Myanmar or Vietnam. I've never seen it before where there's no choice.Cure.JPG.dbe2654a9063da6bd8e30e2c2f7e33d5.JPG

Edited by Baht Simpson

I know nothing about airline service to Mae Sot, so a couple of guesses:

- are they the only one that flies there ?

- do they own the airport there ?

Actually, my two guesses are two different ways of saying the same thing:  monopoly

Nok Air have been the sole carrier for a number of years now. However, flights normally range between 1000 and 1450 baht depending on the day/ month etc. A few weeks ago you could get a flight as low as 1000 on Nok Lite. 

A few days ago they made all flights 1790 and now they're all 2129. They've also done away with the Nok Lite and Nok Max premium option, so something has happened. All flights are the maximum price. 

They have a new terminal which was supposed to open late last year but is still not in service. I wonder if it might be something to do with that.  Bigger airplanes maybe.

Edited by Baht Simpson