What is “address in Thailand”?

On the arrival card, which address should you put in the space for Thailand?

In my case, I have a main hotel that I stay in when I’m in Bangkok. I store my luggage there and use their address for getting mail, for my bank and credit card accounts, social security, etc.

But for various reasons I will be staying at another hotel for one week before moving to the main hotel for the remaining duration of my 2 mo+ stay.

My inclination would be to use the address of the main hotel.

What about this hypothetical case, when people like me (I’m arriving after midnight) stay in Bangkok overnight, then proceed the next day to their main destination?

The first hotel would add you to their TM30 report when you initially arrive then your 'main' hotel would update your address with their TM30 report when you check in there anyway so it's up yo you what you put on your TM6 arrival card.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 10years said:

The first place you are staying at overnight, regardless of how long that is.

The address reporting system is supposed to track you from there should you move around.

I can’t see why you have to fill in an Arrival Card, they don’t copy any of the details from it re address etc.There is a bar code which I don’t see what purpose that serves, I have mislaid mine and filled a new one in at the airport so the bar codes wouldn’t match.

The UK have now stopped using Arrival Cards.

On 6/16/2019 at 8:39 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Arrival card => address where you stay when you arrive.

What if you arrive in Bangkok without a hotel booking, which is not unusual in the low season as there is plenty to choose from? What if you put the name of the hotel on your arrival card, then change your mind for some reason? Not unusual, read post #2, and also UbonJoes answer.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:00 AM, cornishcarlos said:

I'm pretty sure they don't care... 

Just put down any address you want ????

who is going to check that ? ? ?

They just want a name of any hotel on the paper. 1 Time i did not give a name on the paper, they stopped me and said i need to fill in a hotel. I said i didn't know yet what hotel i was going to stay in.

No problem he said. Just give a name.

32 minutes ago, Foexie said:

They just want a name of any hotel on the paper. 1 Time i did not give a name on the paper, they stopped me and said i need to fill in a hotel. I said i didn't know yet what hotel i was going to stay in.

I don’t believe they actually input your address, they don’t have the time. they for me only check that the details in the magnetic strip are the same as the details on the main page plus that you are not ‘flagged up’ on the system.

Should be filled out with the address you stay or go to when you arrive at the airport.

They occasionally check this with you and if the tm30 not the same with the actual arrival report in the tm6 you have to provide a good reason why not. Good reason why is accepted. Report Thai home addres and stay at hotel you have to explain why. I my case it was not a problem

8 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

Should be filled out with the address you stay or go to when you arrive at the airport.

They occasionally check this with you and if the tm30 not the same with the actual arrival report in the tm6 you have to provide a good reason why not. Good reason why is accepted. Report Thai home addres and stay at hotel you have to explain why. I my case it was not a problem

Your address in not shown on the stub of the TM6 and the data base at the airport is not linked to the Immigration Offices, that’s why a TM28/30 has to be done.

7 hours ago, Foexie said:

Who says "they just want a name of any hotel on the paper"??? Who told you that? I've always put down my condo address with no issues. I'm sure an apartment address would also be ok.

Let's say I book a hotel from Thursday to Friday (1 night). My flight arrives after midnight, so my entry stamp is actually dated on Friday. But wouldn't the first TM30 show i checked in on Thursday? And if I move to my final destination on the following day, the second TM30 would show me staying at a different hotel than on my arrival card from Friday to Saturday. Would they wonder why a hotel shows me staying there before I even arrive?

1 hour ago, 10years said:

Let's say I book a hotel from Thursday to Friday (1 night). My flight arrives after midnight, so my entry stamp is actually dated on Friday. But wouldn't the first TM30 show i checked in on Thursday? And if I move to my final destination on the following day, the second TM30 would show me staying at a different hotel than on my arrival card from Friday to Saturday. Would they wonder why a hotel shows me staying there before I even arrive?

You/others are over thinking it. 

Whenever you check in to a hotel the hotel is supposed to report your stay to immigration. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

No one at immigration looks at every place you stay to make sure a TM.30 has been done. Should immigration have cause to check a TM.30 has been submitted they would only be interested that one was done for the address you are actually staying at, at the time of the check. The only time they are likely to check is if you apply for something (extension etc.) at your local immigration office, or if they made a (rare) visit to your address.

4 hours ago, 10years said:

Make sure you get it right, once had a friend who had an acquaintance that had a work colleague who put the wrong address on his form.

That very next day before checkout, his room was stormed by immigration and was deported on the first available flight and blacklisted for 25 years !!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cranki said:

That very next day before checkout, his room was stormed by immigration and was deported on the first available flight and blacklisted for 25 years !!!

How did they find him? TM30 submitted swiftly by the hotel he truly stayed at, and police rushing to the scene to point at him?

14 minutes ago, cranki said:

Make sure you get it right, once had a friend who had an acquaintance that had a work colleague who put the wrong address on his form.

I am sure there is a lot more to that story.

Not putting the correct address on a TM6 form would certainly not result in such an action.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

How did they find him? TM30 submitted swiftly by the hotel he truly stayed at, and police rushing to the scene to point at him?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure there is a lot more to that story.

Not putting the correct address on a TM6 form would certainly not result in such an action.

Sorry folks.....should of added a 55555 on the end ????

On 6/16/2019 at 10:53 AM, 10years said:

I always advise visiting friends to put down "Dusit Thani Hotel, Bangkok" - so the fact it's now closed is a bummer

Seems like you have already put your address on the arrival card, so you shouldn't have to file a TM30 within 24 hours, unless you didn't stay at the address.

In my case I put down the address of the first hotel I'm staying at, not the main hotel.