Wanted Italian fraudsters who posed as George Clooney arrested in Pattaya

webfact

14 minutes ago, habanero said:

Oh yeah, I can see now how some people could be fooled. ????1356518750_FakeGeorgeClooney.png.aa4430ea2a05e43ad62638beb670696c.png1990028667_RealGeorgeClooney.png.74fa93855f4a2f4db8e57ba9c36438b1.png

I believe this creep was acting online, and the simpletons who were fooled into giving him money, were responding to a photo of Clooney. They did no background work, no research, no diligence and just gave their money away. Sorry, but my sympathy is limited. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

haha, its probably not as outrageous as it sounds,

thai girls think all farangs look the same and are hansum

I am hunsum :biggrin:

My  wife tells me every  time she wants to go shopping

5 hours ago, Crash999 said:

What is it about Pattaya that always attracts these types?

The criminal duo thought they where untouchable in Pattaya, donating money to local children’s charities (and BIB). Then get arrested by the same police who have received "donations" since 2014. Karma caught up and straight back to Italy and 8 years behind bars.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is a percentage of the world's population who will do anything in their power to avoid having to work for a living. Most of them have no conscience, and will steal to avoid having to work. Their parents are largely to blame, as they were not raised to have moral, or ethical standards, and we must always be on the lookout for them. 

Besides, who sends money to people online anyway? What ever happened to prudence and caution? Why would you send money to someone you came across online? Perhaps to purchase a product or service, with the protection of a credit card. But, otherwise? I hear so many stories of guys who meet a woman online, and before ever meeting her face to face, they start sending her all kinds of money. How naive, and emotionally vulnerable does one have to be to engage in such an act of foolishness? 

It boggles my mind how naive people are, but then throw in the greed factor and this will explain many things, especially how the shutters drop down on the eyes and brain when large amounts of money are mentioned. Was in this woman's house when she was being bullied on the phone to send thousands of dollars to some unknown people. She explained that they had sent her and her husband (who was a lawyer) a cashiers check for 20,000 dollars, all they had to do was send them 3,000 dollars for some bullshit fee. Then they would get another check for a huge amount......all this was dressed up in some bogus story. The guy on the phone wanted the 3,000 dollars asap. I explained to her that the check they received was going to bounce.....but it's a cashiers check she said. It will bounce within two weeks I explained, but they will have your 3,000 dollars. It took many explanations to convince her and to not send the money to them. She kept saying, "But the fifty thousand dollars they will send us will help pay off our mortgage." 

And I kept telling her, "there won't be any fifty thousand coming as it is all a scam."

She never sent the money, but the phone calls got very nasty threatening her and her family. Of course the check bounced and the couple woke up to the reality.

very sad how easily people are duped.....and then there's the scumbags scamming people.

"In 2014, Mr Galdelli was arrested at the Dusit Thani hotel in Pattaya, but was able to abscond after paying a prison guard 20,00 baht"....For those that still don't know how things work here !!!

40 minutes ago, Mansell said:

It boggles my mind how naive people are, but then throw in the greed factor and this will explain many things, especially how the shutters drop down on the eyes and brain when large amounts of money are mentioned. Was in this woman's house when she was being bullied on the phone to send thousands of dollars to some unknown people. She explained that they had sent her and her husband (who was a lawyer) a cashiers check for 20,000 dollars, all they had to do was send them 3,000 dollars for some bullshit fee. Then they would get another check for a huge amount......all this was dressed up in some bogus story. The guy on the phone wanted the 3,000 dollars asap. I explained to her that the check they received was going to bounce.....but it's a cashiers check she said. It will bounce within two weeks I explained, but they will have your 3,000 dollars. It took many explanations to convince her and to not send the money to them. She kept saying, "But the fifty thousand dollars they will send us will help pay off our mortgage." 

And I kept telling her, "there won't be any fifty thousand coming as it is all a scam."

She never sent the money, but the phone calls got very nasty threatening her and her family. Of course the check bounced and the couple woke up to the reality.

very sad how easily people are duped.....and then there's the scumbags scamming people.

Without the gullible there would be no scammers.  Well no successful scammers anyway. 

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is a percentage of the world's population who will do anything in their power to avoid having to work for a living. Most of them have no conscience, and will steal to avoid having to work. Their parents are largely to blame, as they were not raised to have moral, or ethical standards, and we must always be on the lookout for them. 

Besides, who sends money to people online anyway? What ever happened to prudence and caution? Why would you send money to someone you came across online? Perhaps to purchase a product or service, with the protection of a credit card. But, otherwise? I hear so many stories of guys who meet a woman online, and before ever meeting her face to face, they start sending her all kinds of money. How naive, and emotionally vulnerable does one have to be to engage in such an act of foolishness? 

If everyone was as cautious & prudent as Spidermike recommends, how the hell would us TV aficionados be able to feel so superior? Human frailty, the gift that just keeps on giving!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

In 2014, Mr Galdelli was arrested at the Dusit Thani hotel in Pattaya, but was able to abscond after paying a prison guard 20,00 baht.

The couple are now being held by police in Pattaya before their extradition to Italy.

Wonder if they'll be able to find another guard / officer for sale this time???

8 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Really who gives a fart about Clooney ?

It seems that he has copied the wrong George - rather George the Clown ...

2 hours ago, off road pat said:

"In 2014, Mr Galdelli was arrested at the Dusit Thani hotel in Pattaya, but was able to abscond after paying a prison guard 20,00 baht"....For those that still don't know how things work here !!!

Wonder what happened to the guard

10 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Really who gives a fart about Clooney ?

It's not so much Clooney, but rather the scam they use. You can substitute Clooney for any internationally famous name. It just so happens his name was used.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

After moving to Pattaya in 2014, the couple had established themselves as well known and upstanding members of the expat community, with Mr Galdelli was known to regularly donate money to local children’s charities.

In 2014, Mr Galdelli was arrested at the Dusit Thani hotel in Pattaya, but was able to abscond after paying a prison guard 20,00 baht.

Only 20 baht , no wonder he was arrested. 

If this was only a few years ago he would probably manage to get away with it, and continue donating money to childrens homes and attend Expat meetings.  There are plenty of them around. 

Archived