Who Would You Support

mrbojangles

Not that this has anything to do with City's current performance :o i'm not changing my team, or anything like that.

Be totally honest. Who would you support if you couldn't support your current team and why? It would be really interesting to see who the rest of you would support.

Personally i would support Arsenal. I think their style of play is excellent and entertaining to watch. Yeah, i'm not too keen on Wenger but he only moans and groans as much as the next manager.

Edited by mrbojangles

Not that this has anything to do with City's current performance :o i'm not changing my team, or anything like that.

Be totally honest. Who would you support if you couldn't support your current team and why? It would be really interesting to see who the rest of you would support.

Personally i would support Arsenal. I think their style of play is excellent and entertaining to watch. Yeah, i'm not too keen on Wenger but he only moans and groans as much as the next manager.

Mossley (Unibond League)

Used to watch them many years ago with my Grandfather.

I think I would support Bolton. I am an Aberdeen/Man U supporter - I've supported Man U since Fergie went there.

I always like to see the underdog do well, and I really admire what Allardyce has done at that club.

Yeah i agree about Allardyce

Mossley (Unibond League)

Go on Jack a premiership side please. I should have put that in the question.

Probably Liverpool.

:o

What's the whisting for chon?

I think I would support Bolton. I am an Aberdeen/Man U supporter - I've supported Man U since Fergie went there.

I always like to see the underdog do well, and I really admire what Allardyce has done at that club.

Yeah i agree about Allardyce

Mossley (Unibond League)

Go on Jack a premiership side please. I should have put that in the question.

Probably Liverpool.

:o

What's the whisting for chon?

I can't remember the words for ' You'll never walk again......" :D

being an out and out hardcore Ipswich fan, i could never support another team, however seeing as we are now totaly shlt, my chances of seeing them live on UBC are nil due to the fact that they are not likely to get back to the premiership any decade soon. And over the last few years i too like other posters have developed somewhat of an affinity towards Arsenal solely based on the style of play (reminds me of how Ipswich used to play!!!!!!).

BB

Interesting how upto now, no Man United fans have replied. They probably won't admit to even recognising that another team is good!! :o

That should get a response from Red, nev and Muckypups!!

I've been a Man Utd fan since the Munich air disaster in 1958..................and you took the words right out of my mouth!! But if you really twisted my arm my dad was born in West Ham so it would have to be them.

Edited by sumrit

Interesting how upto now, no Man United fans have replied. They're so far up their own backsides they probably won't admit to even recognising that another team is good!! :o

Give over ya bitter bugger.... :D

I wouldn't/couldn't BJ, you know that. FC would be the only other choice in England and you've gazumped that so....!

redrus

Edited by redrus

Interesting how upto now, no Man United fans have replied. They're so far up their own backsides they probably won't admit to even recognising that another team is good!! :o

Give over ya bitter bugger.... :D

I wouldn't/couldn't BJ, you know that. FC would be the only other choice in England and you've gazumped that so....!

Ha ha, you spotted the hidden message this time. Nice one buddy.

Come on though. I'm just wanting to find out which teams people admire, other than their own. It won't be held against you know :D

Ahhhhhhhh, mate, there's a MASSIVE difference between teams I'd support, 0 and, teams I admire, 1 or 2.....!

I admired Newcastle's support until recently. They're support has really bugged me at times this season, they're claims to being the most loyal of supporters has been brought seriously to question this year.

I admire the bin dippers 5 European cups, although I chuffing hate it at the same time....! :o

I admire the way Arsenal play football, when they do. I started to admire the way they got rid off that temperament that seemed to follow them everywhere, until recently. I admire that they are the only team left to have never been relegated from the top flight.

I do not admire everything that United do, I think we have one of the worst PR teams in football today.

That's the most you'll get out of me I'm afraid....!

:D

I'll have to go with Leeds, cos I liked Don Revie and his team in the 70's was brill. I also went to school with

Terry Yorath, so he's a sort of hero for me. We used to play footie with a tennis ball in the playground, before

school, at dinner time and after school, he was obviously talented. Think he fancied my sister :o

Go on Jack a premiership side please.

I don't suppose you are going to let me get away with London Irish, well they are a premiership football side :o

Oh, OK then, Reading for what they have achieved this year and because of TP's enthusiasm and support on this forum and his many forays into the Oxford thread, loyalty beyond the call of duty.

Good Luck

Moss

As a Londonder I am nearly ashamed to say that I'd support Man U. I just don't like the idea of a Russian criminal buying the title again. I'd support the next best team to beat them - that's Man U.

Now that's how to gain friends and influence people....! :o:D :D

redrus

As a Londonder I am nearly ashamed to say that I'd support Man U. I just don't like the idea of a Russian criminal buying the title again. I'd support the next best team to beat them - that's Man U.

Now that's how to gain friends and influence people....! :o:D:D

redrus

Sory mate, I can't comment as I'm not "inline" with some moderators views thus I can't comment, or I'll be banned, again...

(this post will of course be deleted.)

Now that's how to gain friends and influence people....! :o:D:D

redrus

Sory mate, I can't comment as I'm not "inline" with some moderators views thus I can't comment, or I'll be banned, again...

Bothered? :D

Now that's how to gain friends and influence people....! :D:D:D

redrus

LOL, don't be soft in the head.

Mods on TV are cool, the longer you are here the more you can say, within the rules of course. I think they just like to weedle some of the more over reactionary divs out and, the ones who just provoke the less.

TV isn't for everyone, I find all I need here as I use other football related sites for more heated discussion. Therefore I can do nice guy here.... :D:o

I know a few here now some personally but, was here for a while just reading before posting. Got to know some people's humour, got to know who was who, to a degree.

I've read some of your posts and don't think you're that bad fella, just chill Winston.... :bah:

redrus

Now that's how to gain friends and influence people....! :D:D:D

redrus

LOL, don't be soft in the head.

Mods on TV are cool, the longer you are here the more you can say, within the rules of course. I think they just like to weedle some of the more over reactionary divs out and, the ones who just provoke the less.

TV isn't for everyone, I find all I need here as I use other football related sites for more heated discussion. Therefore I can do nice guy here.... :D:o

I know a few here now some personally but, was here for a while just reading before posting. Got to know some people's humour, got to know who was who, to a degree.

I've read some of your posts and don't think you're that bad fella, just chill Winston.... :bah:

redrus

You are right Redrus, I'm a bit too Winston. - but the "their rules" bit, does irk me when they are so unilateral with it. It has recently become a very specific type moderator controlled environment. That's not right, says Winston...

Takes some a while to get used to it and, that depends on whether or not you want to.

TV needs more characters at the mo, too many have left over the last year or so. You can't stop being yourself though, I just toned myself down a bit for a while, till people got used to me...!

I've got <deleted> all to say anyway.... :D

TV is still only an online forum though fella....! :o:D

redrus

First choice would be Man City. Great support and perenniel underachievers, just like Leeds. If Leeds didnt exist, Citeh would provide me with my weekly angst ration, no problem.

Second choice, Norwich. I'm a Norfolk boy at heart.

I am a burnley fan through and through...but over the last few seasons with Cotterill our manager seeming to be happy with drawing 0-0 every game it is something which I have often thought about. I dont think I would ever really support another so passionately but I believe I could follow another club. i would never choose a top four club due to the fact I always slag them for being glory hunters which for me the majority of them are. So I think I would choose Tottenham who I believe have always believed in playing football in the correct manor. And who can ever forget Ossie Ardiles finest formation which has never been copied and I doubt ever will...such a shame. That 4-1-5 which produced some of the best football I have ever seen and at times - which led to him getting sacked - some of the worst.

Personally i would support Arsenal. I think their style of play is excellent and entertaining to watch.
Me...Arsenal....I like their style
over the last few years i too like other posters have developed somewhat of an affinity towards Arsenal solely based on the style of play

BB

I admire the way Arsenal play football

thankyou boys :D :D MrBojangles, Thaipauly, BB :D

and particularly my fav rival :bah: REDRUS :o :o

you boys have made last night's shocking result a bit bearable :bah:;)

Edited: made redrus' quote slightly smaller. it was taking up a tiny bit too much space :D Ive now brought it down 2 sizes

Edited by MiG16

It's a tuff call but I used to like the way Leeds played (Kewell, Smith, Viduka etc era) ... not so sure now. :o

I like the way Reading play as newcomers to the Prem but my alternative first choice would be Barcelona ... Arsenal ... there you go Miss MiG that's made your day hasn't it ....? :D

It's a tuff call but I used to like the way Leeds played (Kewell, Smith, Viduka etc era) ... not so sure now. :o

but my alternative first choice would be Barcelona ... Arsenal ... there you go Miss MiG that's made your day hasn't it ....? :D

:D Dave

but yeh I remember Leeds at that time.....I thought they were gonna be the new up and coming team...but next thing you know they were down at bottom of the league :D

Correct.. :D

For me.. Derby County..grew up there as a child.. one Uncle supporting United,, the other County.. the Uncle supporting United had more money I think as he took me to my first Utd match in 1958!..No regrets of course.. :D