"She threatened to jump then fell": Frenchman tells police after Thai girlfriend plunges 5 floors in Pattaya

webfact

17 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Girlfriend of Frenchman jumps... were they playing leapfrog?

Thais are amazingly tough, how did she survive? I hope she lives to tell her tale... which I suspect will be most interesting.

Have you noticed that when Farang falls the BIB say it's suicide, but when a Thai falls......

Whether he's to blame or not, our Frenchman had better have deep pockets.

To be a victim of suicide dying is a prerequisite, that hasn't happened in this case.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, BestB said:

Really? is that why it usually takes 2, at most 3? Perhaps you were not aware but her body should not be lifted at all, but a sliding board gets put under her and then 2 people lift the board, not her body and then this is how person is transported to the hospital to do xrays to know what is broken and what is not.

"...her body should not be lifted at all, but a sliding board gets put under her and then 2 people lift the board..."

Exactly what happened in this case.  There are no rules that two, or a maximum of three people should be involved in the lifting.

17 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Sadly this is way too common. My first "girlfriend" (bar girl) in Thailand started out fine the first month, then crazy the second month, then insane the third month including attacking me biting and scratching on the street a couple of times, with a knife at home (I disarmed her), and when I said that if she doesn't stop the violence I'll leave her she went to the balcony and threatened to jump. That's when I've had enough and on my next trip overseas I didn't return. Lesson learned and I've never dated a bar girl since.

So only bar girls have fits of temper, yes, is that what you're saying?

16 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

What baffles me everytime i read these kind of tragedies is the amount of people falling from balconies every year in Thailand. There is no country in the world where so many people drop down from a balcony. In most cases it was stupidity, drunk or drugs involved. I can not believe such. Why don't they just improve those balconies, so people stop falling from them?

"There is no country in the world where so many people drop down from a balcony".

Where did you get that statistic from?

"Why don't they just improve those balconies, so people stop falling from them?"

What would you suggest, floor to ceiling railings imposed worldwide?

16 hours ago, Seismic said:

They should have had the neck brace on first before they moved her at all. On the whole, not a very good job.

It's not possible to put a neck brace on someone who is lying prone without moving them at all.  On the whole, not a very good comment.

4 hours ago, Skallywag said:

She may never be able to tell her side of the story.....

Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is sudden damage to the brain caused by a blow or jolt to the head. Common causes include car or motorcycle crashes, falls, sports injuries, and assaults.   Injuries can range from mild concussions to severe permanent brain damage.

Isn't copy and pasting wonderful, doc?

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, darksidedog said:

Given that she is still alive, it will be interesting to hear her side of the story.

yes it will, if she retains memory of the event, quite often there is memory loss after impact injury.

I have seen and Thai women threaten to kill themselves and try to stuff tablets down their throat.

Drama live, but when it is in your face hard to deal with.

Only hope if she did go off her head then she might learn something.

Hope the truth does surface and if the story is true then she is a lucky girl who might need some counselling and the right kind of help, wherever that may be in LOS.

The bloke might need some as well.

Hope the truth does surface and if the story is true then she is a lucky girl who might need some counselling and the right kind of help, wherever that may be in LOS.

She will require counselling if she survives her injuries which will be horrific.

Her injuries may so severe that she may wish that she had not survived

Recovery will take years from the physical trauma and possibly never recovery from the psychological

18 hours ago, BestB said:

Really? is that why it usually takes 2, at most 3? Perhaps you were not aware but her body should not be lifted at all, but a sliding board gets put under her and then 2 people lift the board, not her body and then this is how person is transported to the hospital to do xrays to know what is broken and what is not.

It's always better to have more than less people after such a tragedy. While one's taking some medicine, stretcher, etc.. out of the ambulance, the victim has the attention of more eyes and ears, which can't be bad, or?

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

She will require counselling if she survives her injuries which will be horrific.

Her injuries may so severe that she may wish that she had not survived

Recovery will take years from the physical trauma and possibly never recovery from the psychological

Unfortunately, do doctors here not always do the needed steps that should be done after such an injury.(ies) I was in my truck driving to work when a drunk lady boy in another pick up hit me sideways and I woke up at the hospital six hours later.

I was sent home, couldn't sit on a motorbike, my truck was totally destroyed, people from the main hospital offered to drive me the 1 km home for 500 baht. Not even one X-ray was made.....

It took three more hospitals and six weeks to find out how severe the injury of my spine was.  In addition, I had three broken rips, a nasty wound at my ear that wasn't stitched, and and and. And I've got the Thai social security, my wife showed it to them. 

I truly hope that she's got more luck and better doctors who care about her. I do know now how lucky I was not to end up in a wheelchair. 

My opinion of hospitals here has dropped immensely. 

18 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Be baffled no longer.... In Thailand it usually comes down to, did they fall or were they pushed?

Be baffled still. She definitely fell. The question is, how did she fall? 1. By accident 2. By purposefully jumping 3. By being forced. In the reverse case CSI: TVF would have solved the case already: he was forced by the gf, bg, wife, or lb.

Flame/insult posts removed. Keep it civil please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Really?  Nowhere near a meter high?  I bet you don't have any photos that prove that any of those several alleged railings that you are so concerned about were that low.

i've been in hotels here with very low railings too, older buildings mind. the worst one had a half height wall at knee height with another railing about knee height to that if standing/balancing on the wall below. easy to see how one could fall over, especially if drunk, very angry and standing on the wall baiting someone else.

however, i never for one second, thought of photographing it just to prove some future argument with a thaivisa member.

how stupid of me not to have that foresight :cheesy:

also might add i follow the EU news and at least 3 drunk holiday makers have taken dives off balconies drunk this year alone and the holiday season barely started in europe yet. happens every year. alcohol and balconies just don't mix well

(and no i'm not gonna google the stories for ya you aren't 5 years old) ????

On 6/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, RichardColeman said:

French guy is in real EXPENSIVE trouble here. If she was willing to jump, she may also be willing to land him in the doo-dah unless he pays a hefty sum

i second that,  she will survive or die both ways frenchie is in the sh*t here big time,

big money or big time !!!

for sure

On 6/17/2019 at 2:19 PM, owl sees all said:

Very sad to get news like this. There often seems to be a farang involved. Invariably it's the lady who slips, trips jumps or simply falls.

A 24 year old girl fell from the 18th floor of a block a while back. And she lived. Her hubby was Swedish.

Invariably? Except for the weekly farang balcony flights.

21 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Sadly this is way too common. My first "girlfriend" (bar girl) in Thailand started out fine the first month, then crazy the second month, then insane the third month including attacking me biting and scratching on the street a couple of times, with a knife at home (I disarmed her), and when I said that if she doesn't stop the violence I'll leave her she went to the balcony and threatened to jump. That's when I've had enough and on my next trip overseas I didn't return. Lesson learned and I've never dated a bar girl since.

Like i said above.....keep bringing home bar flies........you are guaranteed never ending drama.

If u are a fat overweight slob and more than twice the girls age and u found her at a bar........she hates YOU.......but loves your money and ONLY your money.......UNDERSTAND?

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Geez...  How many medics do you suggest incidents with potential fatalities incidents be limited to?  How many would attend similar incidents in your own country?

Thais get lonely you always see them in packs. if you called a electrician or plumber out 3 or 4 will always turn up.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:23 AM, Skallywag said:

You cannot fall over a 100 -120 cm tall railing  - you would have to jump, be lifted, or climb up and over.  

Edit: Unless she was over 190 cm (6'2") tall - then her center of gravity would be high enough

Don't you know that most railing here are much too low and it's easy to simply topple over them?   

At least that is what a large number of TVF members believe.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, BTB1958 said:

I had two friends with thai girl friends threatening to jumb to blame the farang for their deaths.  He called another thai to come and help.  Could hear her screaming im going to kill myself.  And she did.  The other one the same thing.  She says I die you go to jail.  He turned on his video camera and showed her up on the rail.  He ran out of the room and got  far away from her.  She claimed down and chased him out of the condo. Crazy bunch.  

My ex did same lmao. And I was living on 40th floor with a small balcony. Scary stuff. Luckily she didn’t jump. 

11 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

If u are a fat overweight slob and more than twice the girls age and u found her at a bar........she hates YOU.......but loves your money and ONLY your money.......UNDERSTAND?

And if you are a scrawny old alcoholic stinking of cigarettes and covered in tats, she likely thinks just as much of you. You are a customer, what is your point? 

And if you are a scrawny old alcoholic stinking of cigarettes and covered in tats, she likely thinks just as much of you. You are a customer, what is your point? 

your both right

•  

On 6/17/2019 at 4:09 PM, hellohello123 said:

you shouldnt threaten suicide if you arent prepared to do it

otherwise its just attention seeking

What of all the people successfully talked out of crossing the line? Not to mention those who probably were just attention seeking, but unintentionally went too far? You're assuming people who have become suicidal are of sound mind. 

Archived