"She threatened to jump then fell": Frenchman tells police after Thai girlfriend plunges 5 floors in Pattaya

webfact

If westerners treat Thai girls in a manner where they are not induced or compelled to resort to such desperate acts, situations like this won't be reported often. What's happening is some foreigners treat local women as temporary "things" to play with. Very disrespectful and inconsiderate. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, mvdf said:

If westerners treat Thai girls in a manner where they are not induced or compelled to resort to such desperate acts, situations like this won't be reported often. What's happening is some foreigners treat local women as temporary "things" to play with. Very disrespectful and inconsiderate. 

They behave a bit crazy for all manner of reasons. Rejection is a likely one. Self harm used to be so common among the girls. As to being temporary, well usually they are, rented!

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And if you are a scrawny old alcoholic stinking of cigarettes and covered in tats, she likely thinks just as much of you. You are a customer, what is your point? 

I've met plenty of young and fit western guys the bar girls didn't want anything to do with either.

They'd sit with me and ask me to pretend I was their customer to avoid the danger of a bar fine they didn't want.

On 6/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, BestB said:

No, this is not spot on but bs. Maybe in some condo somewhere railings are low, in most buildings railings or balcony walls are higher than at least a meter. And people do not generally fall due to tripping over. 

Does anyone remember an Expat in Udon Thani (he worked for police uk)

He left Pattaya and was on ''holiday'' in Issarn when he fell from the hotel balcony and died, I stayed in the same hotel a few months later, and all the Balcony railings had been extended. I would imagine they would not be the only two hotels in Thailand that have low railings.?

32 minutes ago, zoza said:

He left Pattaya and was on ''holiday'' in Issarn when he fell from the hotel balcony and died, I stayed in the same hotel a few months later, and all the Balcony railings had been extended. I would imagine they would not be the only two hotels in Thailand that have low railings.?

If you 1.5 meter tall and railing is 1 meter tall is that tall enough?

now how about if you were 1.8 with the same railing height?

So the answer is simple. Buildings built by Thai companies for Thai market cater for Thai average height which may be too low for average western height , however building where this took place is built by foreign standards and I doubt she was of western height 

and yes in some buildings it may be low but not as common as some like to claim 

On 6/17/2019 at 11:12 AM, darksidedog said:

Given that she is still alive, it will be interesting to hear her side of the story.

She may not remember anything, the brain frequently does this, blocks out nasty memories. 

For  guaranteed success you need 10th floor and upwards.

Some bickering posts and replies have been removed.

Any further bickering and fighting between either of you two anywhere on the forum will result in a suspension, be warned!!

1 hour ago, BestB said:

If you 1.5 meter tall and railing is 1 meter tall is that tall enough?

now how about if you were 1.8 with the same railing height?

So the answer is simple. Buildings built by Thai companies for Thai market cater for Thai average height which may be too low for average western height , however building where this took place is built by foreign standards and I doubt she was of western height 

and yes in some buildings it may be low but not as common as some like to claim 

I think many Thai companies would take great umbrage at this statement and some foreign companies whose standards leave something to be desired.

The answer is certainly not as simple as you suggest.

Once again, here is a picture of a balcony(taken from the developer's website)

AOH.jpg.913db3334b4d3d89d2c46da85cb615c8.jpg

4 minutes ago, JamJar said:

I think many Thai companies would take great umbrage at this statement and some foreign companies whose standards leave something to be desired.

The answer is certainly not as simple as you suggest.

Once again, here is a picture of a balcony(taken from the developer's website)

AOH.jpg.913db3334b4d3d89d2c46da85cb615c8.jpg

Of course it is taken from the internet , no need to state the obvious , so what is the railing height? 

21 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

i've been in hotels here with very low railings too, older buildings mind. the worst one had a half height wall at knee height with another railing about knee height to that if standing/balancing on the wall below. easy to see how one could fall over, especially if drunk, very angry and standing on the wall baiting someone else.

however, i never for one second, thought of photographing it just to prove some future argument with a thaivisa member.

how stupid of me not to have that foresight :cheesy:

I know why there are no photos of railings as ridiculously low as some typical Thaivisa posters claim, that's because there are none that low.   And it is strange because for something that blatantly dangerous and concerning no one thought to record it. 

I'm here ready to take it back if anyone can post any that can be corroborated, i.e. with something to compare the heights with.

"...the worst one had a half height wall at knee height with another railing about knee height to that if standing/balancing on the wall below".

Why would anyone in their right mind want to climb halfway up a railing multi-storeys above the ground to stand/balance there? 

The height of the railings from a safety point of view becomes irrelevant if someone is climbing halfway up them as whatever the height of the railings they'd always be halfway up and halfway to their potential doom!

11 hours ago, mvdf said:

How much respect do you think we should have for a woman that takes drugs and sells her body?

23 hours ago, zoza said:

Yes met him a couple days before, Stuart. Was in the room next to me at TM. A couple guys were out with him that night at CL. Yes the railings were very low, he was about 6 foot 2. Nice guy.

The girls wanted his room number for the lottery. <deleted>!

31 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Eric Clapton's son fell to his death, and there was no balcony. Poor lad; RIP.

Yes that was a window I believe and a safety locking device had been disabled for some reason, maybe cleaning. I am surprised some dispute the 'low balcony rail' comments. I always thought so, and blamed it on the fact that when I first came here most locals were the size of a 'Lord of the Rings' extra. There were also some very dubious interpretations of safety features like fire escapes just steps down the outside of the building with a little handrail. The door always jammed open,  wasn't safe to let a kid run around on either your balcony or on the other side of the room door. 

Old hotels still often have issues. 

Archived