Jump to content

"She threatened to jump then fell": Frenchman tells police after Thai girlfriend plunges 5 floors in Pattaya


webfact

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Yes makes you wonder how so many people "fall" over balconies in Thailand on an almost weekly basis.

I wonder why arguing couples have to go out on the balcony? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, webfact said:
The French boyfriend said that he had been arguing with Sunisa who said she would jump. She then tripped and fell.
 

Tripped over the Balcony....even Kojak would not wear that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be some internal injuries in that body , unless she landed on soft surface. Lets hope she will make it, but falling from 5th floor normally means death. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BestB said:

 

but why do you need 8 medics to handle the situation? 

When you have the problem we will just send only one ok?

 

6 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Sad.

 

In watching the video, I was impressed that the volunteer medics did an excellent job in treating her and getting her properly on the backboard. Always wondered how well trained these guys were.

 

GOOD JOB.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, oobar said:

This is spot on.  I have lived in several places in Bangkok with balcony railings that were downright scary-short, nowhere near a meter in height.  All it takes is a stumble or inattention to go over the side.  The danger of short balconies in Thailand has also been written about as a warning in international travel publications.  Thailand, which obsessively regulates some of the most inane and trivial sh!t, should come up with enforced safety standards to deal with this problem.  After all, it "harms the image" of the country, and we all know nothing is so dreadful as that.

No, this is not spot on but bs. Maybe in some condo somewhere railings are low, in most buildings railings or balcony walls are higher than at least a meter. And people do not generally fall due to tripping over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I admire those medics, amazing work from them under huge pressure. Thai people seem to be able to handle gruesome scenes perhaps due to their general belief in Buddhism

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Not an uncommon behaviour to threaten with suicide or even try one .

 

though can not help but wonder how one slips and falls OVER the balcony railing . You would think ifyou slipped you fall down on the floor not over at least 1 meter high railing

 

but why do you need 8 medics to handle the situation? 

Because with 8 medics, lifting or turning her body would be more safe then just 1 or 2 ,as she might have broken bones on several parts of her body .

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BestB said:

No, this is not spot on but bs. Maybe in some condo somewhere railings are low, in most buildings railings or balcony walls are higher than at least a meter. And people do not generally fall due to tripping over. 

Sorry, my friend, you obviously haven't lived where I have during my 33 years in Thailand.  But it's your option to brand as bs something on which you are a bit short of knowledge.  And I did not say that "most" buildings have too-short railings.  However, there are plenty -- too many -- that do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody would think that somebody survives such a height. No idea if the Frenchman was telling the truth, I hope she gets well soon without any serious injuries that will make her life to hell.

 

   Did she trip and fell? Let's wait and see. 

 

    It hurts to watch the video. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Because with 8 medics, lifting or turning her body would be more safe then just 1 or 2 ,as she might have broken bones on several parts of her body .

She must indeed have plenty of broken bones, considering the height and the hard ground. These guys did a very well job, no idea why somebody's questioning their fantastic job.

 

  It's always better to have more medics when somebody's got multiple injuries for known reasons.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Girlfriend of Frenchman jumps... were they playing leapfrog?

 

Thais are amazingly tough, how did she survive? I hope she lives to tell her tale... which I suspect will be most interesting.

 

Have you noticed that when Farang falls the BIB say it's suicide, but when a Thai falls......

 

Whether he's to blame or not, our Frenchman had better have deep pockets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Because with 8 medics, lifting or turning her body would be more safe then just 1 or 2 ,as she might have broken bones on several parts of her body .

Really? is that why it usually takes 2, at most 3? Perhaps you were not aware but her body should not be lifted at all, but a sliding board gets put under her and then 2 people lift the board, not her body and then this is how person is transported to the hospital to do xrays to know what is broken and what is not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, oobar said:

Sorry, my friend, you obviously haven't lived where I have during my 33 years in Thailand.  But it's your option to brand as bs something on which you are a bit short of knowledge.  And I did not say that "most" buildings have too-short railings.  However, there are plenty -- too many -- that do.

Wow, in your 33 years did you go around condo's measuring the height of railings? I would say you are not short of bs though.

 

Would you like me to take a photo and measure mine and at least another 10?

 

Plenty? too many?you have some kind of stats to back it up or your knowledge is based on the stories you read about people falling or jumping or tripping?

 

Do you even know what this particular condo looks like? or where it is located?

 

Of course, not, but carry on with your 33 years in Thailand

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

I had two friends with thai girl friends threatening to jumb to blame the farang for their deaths.  He called another thai to come and help.  Could hear her screaming im going to kill myself.  And she did.  The other one the same thing.  She says I die you go to jail.  He turned on his video camera and showed her up on the rail.  He ran out of the room and got  far away from her.  She claimed down and chased him out of the condo. Crazy bunch.  

Sadly this is way too common. My first "girlfriend" (bar girl) in Thailand started out fine the first month, then crazy the second month, then insane the third month including attacking me biting and scratching on the street a couple of times, with a knife at home (I disarmed her), and when I said that if she doesn't stop the violence I'll leave her she went to the balcony and threatened to jump. That's when I've had enough and on my next trip overseas I didn't return. Lesson learned and I've never dated a bar girl since.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Very sad to get news like this. There often seems to be a farang involved.

May only be because this news site will only publish such stories if a foreigner (farang?) is involved. Similar Thai-on-Thai stories probably don't make the news here and probably not in the in mainstream Thai media also …   

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given that she is still alive, it will be interesting to hear her side of the story.

I would not bet on that being reliable if she wants to hurt the Frenchman.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What baffles me everytime i read these kind of tragedies is the amount of people falling from balconies every year in Thailand. There is no country in the world where so many people drop down from a balcony. In most cases it was stupidity, drunk or drugs involved. I can not believe such. Why don't they just improve those balconies, so people stop falling from them?

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

What baffles me everytime i read these kind of tragedies is the amount of people falling from balconies every year in Thailand. There is no country in the world where so many people drop down from a balcony. In most cases it was stupidity, drunk or drugs involved. I can not believe such. Why don't they just improve those balconies, so people stop falling from them?

Be baffled no longer.... In Thailand it usually comes down to, did they fall or were they pushed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, marquis22 said:

I wonder why arguing couples have to go out on the balcony? 

Exactly!!!  If he/she gets to the balcony the next step might as well be impact with the ground floor...it's inevitable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

What baffles me everytime i read these kind of tragedies is the amount of people falling from balconies every year in Thailand. There is no country in the world where so many people drop down from a balcony. In most cases it was stupidity, drunk or drugs involved. I can not believe such. Why don't they just improve those balconies, so people stop falling from them?

1. You do not know how many people fall from balconies in other countries, unless each other country has a forum like this and you follow all the news headlines

2. Not many people leave their brain when travelling to other countries, Thailand has special stupid gas which is released once you enter Thai air space

3. There is hardly ever a follow up to any of the balcony fallings, to assume balcony to blame, not the hookers or ladyboy's and seeing how short fused many Thai are, it is hardly surprising many altercations end up in serious injury or death

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Sad.

 

In watching the video, I was impressed that the volunteer medics did an excellent job in treating her and getting her properly on the backboard. Always wondered how well trained these guys were.

 

GOOD JOB.

They should have had the neck brace on first before they moved her at all. On the whole, not a very good job.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given that she is still alive, it will be interesting to hear her side of the story.

Agree, but a dangerous situation for the French especially if the relation went sour and jelousy is involved - a hate statement may contain incorrectness ...

 

Hopefully the situation was catched by CCTV or witness ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

Agree, but a dangerous situation for the French especially if the relation went sour and jelousy is involved - a hate statement may contain incorrectness ...

 

Hopefully the situation was catched by CCTV or witness ... 

If indeed genuine, hopefully he has enough brain, to stay with her in the hospital and show all the love and care to avoid being blamed 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oobar said:

Sorry, my friend, you obviously haven't lived where I have during my 33 years in Thailand.  But it's your option to brand as bs something on which you are a bit short of knowledge.  And I did not say that "most" buildings have too-short railings.  However, there are plenty -- too many -- that do.

True. The railings are far to low and you will find this mainly in the older buildings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BestB said:

1. You do not know how many people fall from balconies in other countries, unless each other country has a forum like this and you follow all the news headlines

2. Not many people leave their brain when travelling to other countries, Thailand has special stupid gas which is released once you enter Thai air space

3. There is hardly ever a follow up to any of the balcony fallings, to assume balcony to blame, not the hookers or ladyboy's and seeing how short fused many Thai are, it is hardly surprising many altercations end up in serious injury or death

Spain.

 

There's half a dozen a week in Spain, mainly drunk lairy British tourists. Fair amount of Scandis as well.

 

By the way, do they levitate her onto the backboard? Of course she has to be lifted and the more support she has during the operation, the less she'll move. Cant get anything under her until she's off the floor. Not even a fag paper.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...