Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You would need to show me where that option appears in the online system. As far as I can see there are no options for Non O regarding retirement, only O-A and O-X.

Maybe you should reconsider your comment on incorrect posts.

In the Non O section there is a section near the bottom stating if you are in receipt of the UK State Pension.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You would need to show me where that option appears in the online system. As far as I can see there are no options for Non O regarding retirement, only O-A and O-X.

The site contradicts itself.

287532026_NonOSE.PNG.d06847dc4bd82e752e49a781ac9496c1.PNG

Non-Immigrant Type O (single entry only)

For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

But... It's business as usual  at the UK Consulates with no change in any procedures. And a 'guaranteed ' notification of any changes by letter to them with a 12 months lead time for any implementation.   (from the horses mouth)  ????

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I'd already posted this on page 20 of this thread.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

visa options thai embassy london.pdf

Edited by sumrit

But... It's business as usual  at the UK Consulates with no change in any procedures. And a 'guaranteed ' notification of any changes by letter to them with a 12 months lead time for any implementation.   (from the horses mouth)  ????

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Still speculation. Only 2 of them have been forced to stop due to using the online application system.

The  Beijing embassy was the first one to use the online application and then the UK and France. Those were the only 3 ever mentioned as using it.

Since the online application site was first used by the Beijing embassy they set it up based upon their requirements. The Beijing embassy did not do multiple entry non immigrant visas so that is why the are not being done in London and Paris.

No they do not. Neither does HCMC.

Are there any other reports of being denied a ME Non Immigrant O in Australia or is it just me?

1 hour ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Never been Saigon, may need to pay them a visit. While we're on the subject, do Perth, Australia do non o multis? Got a visa from there in '97. Have a brother living there I haven't seen in a long time so was also considering applying there.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was recently refused.

28 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Are there any other reports of being denied a ME Non Immigrant O in Australia or is it just me?

Just you as far as I can recall.

But if I recall correctly you were applying based upon being the parent of a Thai not marriage. I suspect there was a problem with your application due to that being the reason.

1 hour ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

While we're on the subject, do Perth, Australia do non o multis?

Yes but the application has to be approved by the embassy and they ask for more documents than other locations.

Best  to apply by mail to the consulate in Sydney or the embassy in Canberra. They do them all the time based upon marriage.

Permanent.
The e-Visa is a global system, so when it's introduced to more Countries, the same choices and conditions will apply as written into the software.

It can’t be a global system because there are in other countries other limits for receiving pension I.e.age 63 like in Germany.
I agree that the login might be “globally “.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Permanent.

The e-Visa is a global system, so when it's introduced to more Countries, the same choices and conditions will apply as written into the software.

So we CAN expect the availability of a Non Imm O Multiple to diminish.... Will nearby consulates and Embassies also go to E-Visa in time?

1 minute ago, wobalt said:

It can’t be a global system because there are in other countries other limits for receiving pension I.e.age 63 like in Germany.
I agree that the login might be “globally “.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

By global, I mean those Countries that have to use the E-System now.

China, France, UK, maybe Germany next.

The choice of Visas and requirements will be the same (global).

If you can get the Non Imm O ME in Germany now, you won't have that choice if the E-Visa application system is rolled out there.

The UK site merely states 'in receipt of state pension', no age defined. 

Maybe Germany next, but there would be still the language barrier,
You would have to translate the docs to English and then to sent it by post? to the embassy for certification. What is then the sense to it?
I can always switch to a non B, possibly a 3 years one. which is on the Menu in Germany.

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

So we CAN expect the availability of a Non Imm O Multiple to diminish.... Will nearby consulates and Embassies also go to E-Visa in time?

That depends on the MFA and when and where they introduce the system.

So far it's a PITA by all reports.

11 minutes ago, wobalt said:

You would have to translate the docs to English and then to sent it by post? to the embassy for certification. What is then the sense to it?

Never thought about that one, good point, is that what the applicants in China have to do (out of curiosity)?

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

On the embassy website. But not on the online application site for a non-o visa.

It does not menton one for being 50 or over at all. See: https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/Family

Follow the visa and consular services links on the on line website and it takes you to here:

visa options thai embassy london.pdf

30 minutes ago, wobalt said:

No you wouldn't.

Have you read any French screaming about translating documents.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How about a link to it.

You need to log in, put your country and type of passport and where exactly you want to attend to collect the visa. Then you select the reason of wanting to visit Thailand. That is how E visa works. You don't go in and select a type of visa. You select a reason to visit. The system selects the correct visa type.
You cannot put links from inside the system

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wobalt said:

EX visa is for skilled workers or experts as mentioned on the visa list

It only appears on the list of non immigrant visas. 

Note it is black instead of blue like the others are that can be clicked to go the list of requirements.

No list of requirements that I can find on the embassy website.

7 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

You need to log in, put your country and type of passport. Then you select the reason of wanting to visit Thailand. That is how E visa works. You don't go in and select a type of visa. You select a reason to visit. The system selects the correct visa type

I not going to register on the site since I will never be applying for a visa on the site.

I think most things are shown on the homepage of the site.