Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sorry, but what's the relationship between the Embassies gradually moving to an E-Visa system vs the decision to no longer offer a Multi-Entry O in London? 

Is there some reason a Multi-Entry O is somehow incompatible with an E-Visa system?

Did the China and Paris Embassies/Consulates discontinue offering Multi-Entry O's when they transitioned to the E-Visa system?  I don't recall reading anything about that here....

The relationship is that the E visa system is exactly the same for every country when it switches over to it. There is no separate system per country. Once you create an account, your password works no mater which embassy you enter it from. You log into  a global system. The application isn't dealt with at an embassy. Your uploaded documents go to Bangkok. The only dealings the embassy have with your application is checking your documents which were uploaded and issuing the visa against the bar code you print out when you send the application if when your application is approved. They have no access to the system and cannot dictate which visas can be issued. It's locked to it's parameters. 
And yes, once a country is using E visa, no more ME Non immigrant visas other than the O-A and Non B can be issued.
China, France and the UK can no longer issue any other multiple entry visas now they have moved to E visa application because the system contains no ability to apply for them.

8 hours ago, brianj1964 said:

I just got one from Glasgow, they never asked for bank statements, only application form, my passport, wife's ID card and passport and marriage certificate, waited 2 days then told to come and collect it

Thats because there is no change for the marriage requirements

Just now, croftrobin said:

That's because there is no change for the marriage requirements

100% he applied for the visa before or on the 14th June. Now he will need to email documents the same as requested in the E visa application, to the consulate first, inc financials and need to wait for confirmation and approval.

How to Apply for this Visa at the Royal Thai Consulate, Hull

So that we can obtain authorisation from the London Embassy to issue this visa it is necessary for the applicant to submit to us all documents relative to this visa therefore we request you to email scanned copies of the following to [email protected]

1. Copy of the page of your passport with photo and details (passport must have minimum 6 months remaining validity at time of applying for the visa).
  2. Completed Visa Application Form with two recent passport size photographs attached.
  3. Copy of marriage certificate – if Thai front and back / if UK front only.
  4. Copy of spouse’s Thai ID Card (front and back).
  5. Copy of spouse’s Thai passport page containing photo and details.
  6. Copies of latest three months bank statements which must show applicant’s name and address.

As soon as we receive authority from the London Embassy we will invite you to visit us so that we can issue the visa and you will need to bring with you the following:-

1. Your passport (minimum 6 months remaining validity and with at least two blank pages for the visa and for entry/exit stamps).
  2. Two recent passport size photographs as available from a photo booth.
  3. Original completed Visa Application Form.
  4. Visa fee from 1 April 2019: £60 (single entry) plus £10 processing charge - total of £70 in cash only.
  5. All the documents as listed above according to your purpose of visit.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/non-immigrant-visa-cat-o-married.php

19 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

China, France and the UK can no longer issue any other multiple entry visas now they have moved to E visa application because the system contains no ability to apply for them.

So if that's correct, then is the current government (MFA, Immigration, whomever) on a path to entirely eliminate the Multi-Entry O Visa, step by step? 

Or, is it just a matter that the E-Visa system is in test mode, and that they'll later add back the Multi-Entry O Visas into the E-Visa system in its later/final versions?

And what about the Multi Entry Tourist Visa that Pattaya46 mentioned above as not being able to find in the E-Visa system? That too?

PS - I don't think there's any inherent reason about an E-Visa system that would somehow prevent it from working with a Multi Entry visa application -- unless they specifically decided they just weren't going to allow them anymore, or just weren't going to support them yet.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So if that's correct, then is the current government (MFA, Immigration, whomever) on a path to entirely eliminate the Multi-Entry O Visa, step by step? 

Or, is it just a matter that the E-Visa system is in test mode, and that they'll later add back the Multi-Entry O Visas into the E-Visa system in its later/final versions?

From what I've read elsewhere, the evisa system was written around the Chinese system which never had an option of the Multi Entry O.  As such it's just not there in this first go round.  Will it appear later?  I doubt it.

• Thanks 1

I am a German, Thai immigration has to meet the necessary standards here. In Germany we have still the old system but my wife which is a lawyer just in case...
The chances to go to court are definitely higher here than in Thailand

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

20 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I am a German, Thai immigration has to meet the necessary standards here. In Germany we have still the old system but my wife which is a lawyer just in case...
The chances to go to court are definitely higher here than in Thailand

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

Wouldn't diplomatic immunity come into play here?

11 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

Certainly will weed some balloon chasers here. Well done England!

What's it got to do with England. It's a decision by the Thai immigration authorities.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, wobalt said:

If you charge a specific people, not when you question the process

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What specific people would you take to court in Germany about the process of the Thai embassy in Germany used for the issuance of a visa to travel to Thailand?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, keefryan said:

Hi .  Does anybody know the financial requirement for a SETV  ?

I have searched but cant find any info on this . 

Thanks .   kr

There've not been any changes in the actual terms of the visa, so it'll be the UK equivalent of 20000 baht. The London embassy hasn't specified the amount on there, but this is from the Thai embassy in Helsinki under single entry tourist visa requirements:

"Current bank statement of the applicant showing the balance of 600 euro for last 3 months (1200 euro per family...)" 

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant Visa will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue. Travellers must enter Thailand within the validity of visa.  However, the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year from the date of arrival in Thailand."

Joe, reading this seems to imply that the holder of this type of ME visa, be it a type O or a non - O will be permitted to stay in Thailand for one year from his or her date of arrival.

I'm sure this can't be right!

9 hours ago, Chivas said:

Lot down Cornwall way where salaries are very low where a 1500 net salary will simply not be there for at least 75% of workers

It's not just down in Cornwall. Lots of manual workers all over the UK now have to compete with Eastern Europeans for not just a living wage but more and more often any sort of a job at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

It's not just down in Cornwall. Lots of manual workers all over the UK now have to compete with Eastern Europeans for not just a living wage but more and more often any sort of a job at all.

that's why a lot of low or unskilled workers voted for Brexit. Wages have not risen in 20 years 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

100% he applied for the visa before or on the 14th June. Now he will need to email documents the same as requested in the E visa application, to the consulate first, inc financials and need to wait for confirmation and approval.

Wrong - he applied at the Glasgow consulate

Quote:

Please note that the Royal Thai Consulates in Cardiff, Gibraltar, Glasgow, Hull, and Liverpool in the UK, and in Dublin, Ireland, will continue to receive and process visa applications in the same way. Those who wish to apply for visa at the Royal Thai Consulates can continue to do so as usual.

9 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have a Non O Immigrant Multi Entry based on me being in receipt of my UK Pension from London which allows me 90 Days in Thailand.

Does it now mean I can only have a Single Entry then have too apply again when I go back too the UK every 90 Days at £150 ?

My current Non O Multi Entry expires on April the 4th 2020, if I leave in Match 2020 will I still get another 3 months from the date I re-enter Thailand ?

I got that same visa for 125 quid just before they put it up to 150 quid. Also from London in March '19.

It expires March 2020.

I'm in receipt of a STATE Pension. 

Are you positive it's a Non - O. Mine is not.

What does it say under category? 

5 hours ago, misterphil said:
  • Applicant must be of age 50 years old or over. For 

Non-Immigrant Type O- A (Long Stay) 1 Year/Multiple entries 

The thread is about multi entry O visa not O-A visa which are totally different.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

Right now, this is implemented in China, the UK and France (but thankfully not yet at the consulates). Supposedly, the intention is to extend this wonderful system to other locations in time.

I was denied a ME Non Immigrant O at a consulate in Australia.

15 hours ago, natway09 said:

Any longer than a 90 day visa being issued is certainly not for tourist purposes.

Please name me a country that issues a multiple entry 1 year visa without much qualification.

Australian ME visitors visa allows 90 day entry, is valid for one year and costs less that the Thai METV!