Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Non is short for non immigrant. The O means others. Just saying a O visa is not correct.

It could be a non-o or a non-oa or a non-ox visa. Those three visas are completely different.

Are you getting a sense they are phasing out the non imm multiple entry o's? 

Or too early to know anything at this point? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percy P said:

But a single entry none immigrant visa is still available then do as said .

Single entry only gives me 90 Days then I would have too leave Thailand and get another Single Entry for another 90 Days ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mania said:

To visit Thailand? More than a little steep ????

No pay , No stay . 

The writing is on the wall..

Edited by elliss
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Nice of them to allow you to spend another 60 days with your wife and family, at a price. And too bad if you have to travel hundreds of kilometres to an immigration office. And for what? Why?

You can stay for a year if you get the correct visa/extension, then can repeat/renew immediately. 

Its your choice not to.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It does seem like it, as there are apparently none offered on the e-system and that is being rolled out worldwide. If, having been married to a local here for over 25 years, I then have to apply for a new visa every three months instead of every year, I would have to seriously consider my options. There can surely be no more restrictive country in the world, that imposes constant and pointless hassles on 'guests' who are doing nothing more than taking care of a Thai family.

I wonder if there is a simple explanation for that though. For example a document like the marriage cert may be needed to see the original. Or who knows what. 

Thanks for the input. I am curious what others have to say on that topic: do you think they are phasing out non imm o multiples? 

6 minutes ago, sumrit said:

You can stay for a year if you get the correct visa/extension, then can repeat/renew immediately. 

Its your choice not to.

Providing you are in a position to tie up 800/400k in a Thai Bank for the rest of your life. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

But you don't know what will be required next year, living in a state of limbo...

Plus you can't work to support your family ie in a family restaurant (yes you can jump through hoops to get a work permit, but not to do any job restricted for Thais)

Plus you will never be the owner of the land you (probably) bought for the family to live on.

It's not the fairest system in the world and it definitely violates the family rights of 1000s

Look at the restrictions people have on a temporary (tourist type) visa when going to the UK then tell Thailand is worse (or more expensive)

Have I missed something, just get the single entry non-immigrant 0 visa then apply in Thailand for a multiple entry stamp. 
Could you please explain further. I was unaware that a visa could be obtained in Thailand.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Providing you are in a position to tie up 800/400k in a Thai Bank for the rest of your life. 

OR transfer enough money into Thailand each month to pay for adequate living expenses. 40k baht pm for the example we're talking about who's married

23 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Its your choice not to.

I'm not aware of an extension that allows me to stay for a year. Perhaps you could explain. And what then would be the purpose of issuing visas for only three months if you can extend it for a year.

Does it require a sum in the bank? I know they have dreamed up an arbitrary figure for some types of visa, which is far in excess of what I need to live on. I can live comfortably on 25,000 a month, with a large house that is paid for, aircon, tv, internet, running a car, going out for dinner once a week. The authorities, I believe, demand that I have to show far more than I need.

Even with the extensions that I am aware of, you still have to jump through hoops by getting a re-entry permit if you leave the country.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

2 minutes ago, thaibry said:

Could you please explain further. I was unaware that a visa could be obtained in Thailand.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

You get a SE  non O then, during the last 30 days of its validity you convert it to a one year extension at immigration.

3 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Look at the restrictions people have on a temporary (tourist type) visa when going to the UK then tell Thailand is worse (or more expensive)

What restrictions, my GF has been too the U.K. twice recently, she applied for Visa, I sponsored her. Arrived in the U.K. passed  through Border Control, no TM28/30, no 90 Day Reporting, left the U.K. with no need to pass through Border Control again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why would the original be any different from a photcopy or one that is sent digitally? Who knows, indeed.

If you've been married for several years you sometime have to get an updated document from the Amphur to prove you're still married. The original on ita own is sometimes not enough. (when applying for an extension based on marriage for example)

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm not aware of an extension that allows me to stay for a year. Perhaps you could explain. And what then would be the purpose of issuing visas for only three months if you can extend it for a year.

Does it require a sum in the bank? I know they have dreamed up an arbitrary figure for some types of visa, which is far in excess of what I need to live on. I can live comfortably on 25,000 a month, with a large house that is paid for, aircon, tv, internet, running a car, going out for dinner once a week. The authorities, I believe, demand that I have to show far more than I need.

Even with the extensions that I am aware of, you still have to jump through hoops by getting a re-entry permit if you leave the country.

you have to show more than that BUT they don't demand spend it.

seriously though it takes about 1 hour a year & you never have to cross a border all year

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sumrit said:

If you've been married for several years you sometime have to get an updated document from the Amphur to prove you're still married. The original on ita own is sometimes not enough. (when applying for an extension based on marriage for example)

I've been married since 1991 and never been told I need to 'update' it. They have once or twice asked for a sentence from her confirming we are still married, but with no way of them being able to tell who signed it and when, even though it includes a copy of her ID. 

Edited by Bangkok Barry

10 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

you have to show more than that BUT they don't demand spend it.

seriously though it takes about 1 hour a year & you never have to cross a border all year

So you are saying I can get a year-long extension? Then, as I DO go overseas once or twice a year, I have to go through the hassle of getting a permit to re-enter the country, correct?

Edited by Bangkok Barry

8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What restrictions, my GF has been too the U.K. twice recently, she applied for Visa, I sponsored her. Arrived in the U.K. passed  through Border Control, no TM28/30, no 90 Day Reporting, left the U.K. with no need to pass through Border Control again. 

My wife has been many times over the last 25 years.

Off the top of my head but there are many more.

• Initial visa cost
  • proof of relationship
  • detailed information about the sponsor
  • Proof of adequate funds to live on
  • proof of address
  • not allowed to work
  • itinery for the holiday (sometimes)
  • medical care costs

• Like 1

reading between the lines and from what i've picked up from other sources/threads i'd say non-o me's of all types will eventually be phased out so immigration can move all long stayers to extensions plus re-entry permits.

i hope not, but it does feel we are heading this way

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So you are saying I can get a year-long extension? Then, as I DO go overseas once or twice a year, I have to go through the hassle of getting a permit to re-enter the country, correct?

you can get multiple re-entry permit with the extension. i like it as it saves me the hassle of a 1200km 3 day round trip to another country 4 times a year, but saying that i used to like it when i was younger! each to their own ????