Jump to content

Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, webfact said:

For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000

(Where it says  One of )The requirements for Non-Immigrant Type O (single entry only) from Thai Embassy in London are as follows (SEE ABOVE)

Does that mean £10,000 coming in to your Bank account every month (like an income) 

Or a balance of £10,000 a month for 3 months (like your balance does not drop below £10,000 for 3 months)

Or a average of £10,000 spread out evenly over the 3 months (Like £3333.33 every month)

Regards

TB

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Have you ever tried to get a Schengen area visa? 🙄 I'm going through the process right now for my Thai girlfriend so that we can take a trip to Europe. I wish it were as easy as the Thai requirements, which are not the least bit unreasonable. Last I read, the Americans now want access to your social media accounts for the past 5 years to get a tourist visa. You're complaining about Thailand?

Over the years I have obtained schengen area visas for 3 women for at least 10 different trips.. The irish issued one in 30 mins, no bookings or flights and purely the promise I would later buy insurance.. The rest are trivially easy if you simply follow the guidelines.. My wife has a 5 year tourist visa for uk, no reporting, no TM30s, can buy land, etc etc etc.. 

What precisely is hard ??

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need 20,000 plus wifes and families to march into Bangkok and hand in a petition for change...

If they could get a few, newly elected, MPs onboard even better and now is the time while the changes in government are happening.

Us expats will never influence any changes but 1000s of upset families might have some impact ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Over the years I have obtained schengen area visas for 3 women for at least 10 different trips.. The irish issued one in 30 mins, no bookings or flights and purely the promise I would later buy insurance.. The rest are trivially easy if you simply follow the guidelines.. My wife has a 5 year tourist visa for uk, no reporting, no TM30s, can buy land, etc etc etc.. 

What precisely is hard ??

We're going to Portugal, where I lived for many years and for whose government I have zero respect. Not quite as corrupt as Thailand is about the best I can do. I have a Schengen passport and have written a letter of sponsorship, assuming all responsibility for everything. The paperwork is copies of all passports, hers and mine, letters from my bank attesting to my financial wherewithal, copies of all travel reservations, proof of place to stay, proof of insurance (for her), letter from her job stating the particulars of her employment and dates for which she has permission to miss work for the trip, copies of her bank books, copies of any and all deeds for property that she owns. And she needs to travel from Samui to Bangkok for the whole biometric nonsense. Nothing can be done online. All paperwork has to be turned in personally. It's not that it's hard, it's a huge PITA.

 

I understand what they're doing. This is about stopping people from entering and staying to find work, has nothing at all to do with security ala ISIS, et al. And yes, once you're in, you're in and none of the Thai nonsense about reporting like a paroled prisoner. You can do anything but work legally.

 

My point is that getting into Thailand is a piece of cake comparatively, and the 90-day reporting is a PITA, but no big deal. Takes me less than 30 minutes from the time I leave home until I get back. Small price to pay for being allowed to live here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, VBF said:

My point exactly, as i said earlier. I don't need another SETV for a few months, so i'm going to be monitoring this thread and others and see what transpires. i may well telephone or email the embassy and ask.

Good luck with that. I've never emailed the London Embassy but when you phone 'em it just rings and rings and no one answers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perplexing that the SETV is requiring..

Proof of financial support e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter

This is very unspecific as to amounts.

Why are they changing rules for tourists, surely they want them. And anyone planning on over 30 days would feel better having a Visa.

Far as I know, most tourists arrive on visa exempt and stay less than the entire 30 days. 

I like the oft repeated saying, "they just want us to give them money but not arrive".

I'm guessing, but methinks the western tourist on a visa is becoming less and less important as the Chinese take over.

Over my years as a long term "guest", I noticed how much more difficult it was becoming to renew an extension, so now it's just the tourist visa's turn to become harder to obtain.

 

IMO, the good old days when westerners were welcome are over.

Sad, but it was great, and then it wasn't.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jimn said:

The thread is about multi entry O visa not O-A visa which are totally different.

 

The heading refers to the Non O Multi Entry visa not the O visa ME visa. O and Non O are not the same. 

 

Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London

I'm not being smart, I'm as confused as anyone else might be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, falang1969 said:

If you have a current valid Non-Imm "O" Multi Entry, I am presuming you can still do a border run to Mae Sae (for example) just before it expires, to get the additional 90 days?

Yes. Just back from there yesterday.

No problems on the Thai side but swarms of young Chinese clogging up Burmese immigration applying for some kind of visa. Had to shoulder my way to the front of a long queue to explain I was only doing a turnaround. Had I not done so would have been there over an hour instead of usual 5 minutes..

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

The heading refers to the Non O Multi Entry visa not the O visa ME visa. O and Non O are not the same. 

Non is short for non immigrant. The O means others. Just saying a O visa is not correct.

It could be a non-o or a non-oa or a non-ox visa. Those three visas are completely different.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dave moir said:

It certainly looks like Thailand don't want regular visitors to Thailand! Within a few years there's going to be no westerners visiting Thailand at all. 😭

The former justifications for visiting and staying in Thailand are quickly evaporating.

 

However the one remaining advantage is that some medical care and almost all dental treatment is worth coming for.

 

Are there any visa categories that allow regular visits for medical/ dental reasons?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mindfulness said:

Have I missed something, just get the single entry non-immigrant 0 visa then apply in Thailand for a multiple entry stamp. 

You can't. You have to get a ME visa in your own country before coming to the LOS. You can't convert a SE Non O visa to a ME at the Immigrations Office nor at the airport.

 

Can you?

 

I doubt the Thai authorities would allow something as easy, straight forward and as convenient as that especially where us falangs are concerned.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did a clean up of this topic making it several posts shorter for various reasons.

No further notice will be given when posts are removed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

The heading refers to the Non O Multi Entry visa not the O visa ME visa. O and Non O are not the same. 

No such thing as an O visa. There's the different types of tourist visas, including single and multiple entry, and then the Non-immigrant visas which include Non O and Non O/A among others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

We need 20,000 plus wifes and families to march into Bangkok and hand in a petition for change...

If they could get a few, newly elected, MPs onboard even better and now is the time while the changes in government are happening.

Us expats will never influence any changes but 1000s of upset families might have some impact ?

 

Why do you think they have any interest in non-Thais? Why should they care? Their only reaction would be to say that if you don't like it you are free to leave. Just like some of the posters here.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Non is short for non immigrant. The O means others. Just saying a O visa is not correct.

It could be a non-o or a non-oa or a non-ox visa. Those three visas are completely different.

Cheers Joe.

 

In my passport under category is says 'O'.

 

It gets very complicated for a retired bloke who simply wants to spend a few months at a time each year in the LOS and probably put a couple of hundred thousand baht or more into the local economy at the same time.

 

I don't think the Thais have thought this through unless of course they don't want their people to benefit or prosper from our presence. I'm on holiday right now in Pattaya and it's pretty dead as it is with the currency exchange rates.

 

This is only going to deter long term visitors from coming to the LOS just like the new 800,000 baht regulations are going to get rid of many retirees. 

 

Then there's the money senders.

Who's gonna send money to his sweetheart when he's going to have obstacles placed in his way when he want to come and visit her. (Or him)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes. Just back from there yesterday.

No problems on the Thai side but swarms of young Chinese clogging up Burmese immigration applying for some kind of visa. Had to shoulder my way to the front of a long queue to explain I was only doing a turnaround. Had I not done so would have been there over an hour instead of usual 5 minutes..

My current Non O Multi Entry expires on April the 4th 2020, if I leave in Match 2020 will I still get another 3 months from the date I re-enter Thailand ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No
They can still get a single entry non-o visa and apply an extension of stay based upon their spouses extension or OA visa entry.

An Extension would not be possible for me as my wife working in Europe.
The multiple entry was a flexible solution when working in the region.
You never know when you get a new project


Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GalaxyMan said:

We're going to Portugal, where I lived for many years and for whose government I have zero respect. Not quite as corrupt as Thailand is about the best I can do. I have a Schengen passport and have written a letter of sponsorship, assuming all responsibility for everything. The paperwork is copies of all passports, hers and mine, letters from my bank attesting to my financial wherewithal, copies of all travel reservations, proof of place to stay, proof of insurance (for her), letter from her job stating the particulars of her employment and dates for which she has permission to miss work for the trip, copies of her bank books, copies of any and all deeds for property that she owns. And she needs to travel from Samui to Bangkok for the whole biometric nonsense. Nothing can be done online. All paperwork has to be turned in personally. It's not that it's hard, it's a huge PITA.

 

I understand what they're doing. This is about stopping people from entering and staying to find work, has nothing at all to do with security ala ISIS, et al. And yes, once you're in, you're in and none of the Thai nonsense about reporting like a paroled prisoner. You can do anything but work legally.

 

My point is that getting into Thailand is a piece of cake comparatively, and the 90-day reporting is a PITA, but no big deal. Takes me less than 30 minutes from the time I leave home until I get back. Small price to pay for being allowed to live here.

Did portugal 2 years ago with her.. Didnt find it in any way difficult but did need to go do a BKK visit.. Once done once I dont think subsequent ones even need that just post it off.. 

 

The west has 'free stuff' from healthcare to housing to benefits, to etc etc etc.. Of course with a social state that cares for the people within it there needs to be controls however like my sister in law, who after 5 years is a citizen, with a pension to come, free everything, no controls, right to vote etc show me the westerner getting anything like that in Thailand. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I got that same visa for 125 quid just before they put it up to 150 quid. Also from London in March '19.

It expires March 2020.

I'm in receipt of a STATE Pension. 

Are you positive it's a Non - O. Mine is not.

What does it say under category? 

Passport states NON-IMM O, MULTIPLE..

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

Why do you think they have any interest in non-Thais?

Sorry, I neglected to say "Thai wifes"

It would take Thai wifes and Thai families of expats to make any changes...

Not much chance of the people that make decisions listening to anyone but Thais marching in Bangkok, demanding family rights, would be a good start...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever tried to get a Schengen area visa? [emoji849] I'm going through the process right now for my Thai girlfriend so that we can take a trip to Europe. I wish it were as easy as the Thai requirements, which are not the least bit unreasonable. Last I read, the Americans now want access to your social media accounts for the past 5 years to get a tourist visa. You're complaining about Thailand?

It is easy when you apply for the business visa (max 90 days)


Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My current Non O Multi Entry expires on April the 4th 2020, if I leave in Match 2020 will I still get another 3 months from the date I re-enter Thailand ?

 

Only if you re-enter before 4th April 2020...

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Passport states NON-IMM O, MULTIPLE..

Exactly what mine states.

 

Ubon Joe just informed me that a Non O is the same as an O Visa after all. So that clears up that bit of confusion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

 

Only if you re-enter before 4th April 2020...

Thanks for the reply, I won’t be coming back till May so will have to apply for a new Visa obviously the Non O Multi Entry won’t be available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, userabcd said:

For a single entry non O - For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)

 

What happens if one does not have the monthly income of GBP1500 per month but a lump sum amount. There seems to be no option for a lump sum amount in a bank account for this option?

20,000 Baht (£500) on writing £1= 40B is a requirement for entry into the Thai Kingdom. £500 in your Bank Acc will get you what visa is required..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best way to get a setv without showing the money is enter thailand on 30 day exempt with the appropriate requirements, fly to Kuala Lumpur on the last day & apply at the thai consular there,they don't bother with the bank statements unless it's changed,worth a try nothing to lose,that way you will have 120? Days in thailand with the 30 day extension at the local immigration, 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...