Then there were two: Johnson and Hunt fight for British PM job

webfact

3 hours ago, tebee said:

As a remaniner, of the two, I'd prefer Boris as I reckon he's more likely to go back on his word, Hunt can be  a stubborn fool and dig his heels in - remember the junior doctors ?

And  I think Boriss is more likely to result in an early GE.

As a Leaver my concern with Hunt is that he's capable of making an extremely unpopular and controversial decisions and take all the flack for it, like he did with the junior doctors. As thick skinned as they come! So if he decided we have to revoke article 50, or have a 2nd ref he'd just go ahead. 

My hope is that Boris appoints smart and strong people around him to get the job done. Without them he'd be useless.  I've rarely heard a politician who can speak for so long without actually saying anything. 

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

As a Leaver my concern with Hunt is that he's capable of making an extremely unpopular and controversial decision and take all the flack for it, like he did with the junior doctors. As thick skinned as they come! So if he decided we have to revoke article 50, or have a 2nd ref he'd just go ahead. 

My hope is that Boris appoints smart and strong people around him to get the job done. Without them he'd be useless.  I've rarely heard a politician who can speak for so long without actually saying anything. 

Funny how we both look at the personalities and past performance of these two from two different perspectives and come to opposing concusions about their likely performance.

maybe we should just agree that neither can be trusted !  

• Like 1

Bo-jo is either a liar or really has no understanding of how these things work. Neithers is a good look for a future PM

Boris was born into this business, early schooled in Brussels, first time as MP 18 years ago, twice London Mayor, hot favourite for PM, and you think he has no idea how these things work?
More than you and your mate Graham Somebody.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Boris was born into this business, early schooled in Brussels, first time as MP 18 years ago, twice London Mayor, hot favourite for PM, and you think he has no idea how these things work?

Non of which would preclude him from being a liar, which incidentally we have plenty of evidence of. 

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Show me a politician who says he’s not a liar and I’ll show you a liar.
You people are getting so self-righteous and up yourselves about nothing, it must hurt a bit.
I’ll be very happy for Boris to lie, cheat, trick and deceive our way out of the EU and the Remainer created impasse.

Be careful.

There's a fair chance he's lying to you. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Loiner said:

All those Remainers will be. You may not have noticed it though. Some deeper national idiosyncrasies that you may not be aware of.

The subject under discussion is not your completely baseless assumptions about my understanding of national idiosyncrasies.

Do try to stick to the subject under discussion old chap. 

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

So it's not just me who thinks this......

10 hours ago, evadgib said:

I haven't found a current update during a cursory search but will be most surprized if UK's uncoupling doesn't include full severance of anything that isn't fully controlled from within.

Maybe so, but look how long a FTA between Canada and EU took to complete, seven years, even with a major exclusion, services, which would be critical for the UK to include. 

https://www.investec.com/en_gb/focus/brexit/what-does-a-hard-brexit-mean.html

Personally I find it extraordinary people are still supporting BJ for PM now that his lies and links to the Far Right, Bannon, have been exposed.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

Most politicians are liars!
Carrier politicians are schooled to tell lies; And being out of touch with the ordinary/common man is one of their distinguished feature!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Related to Carrier Pigeons?

aren't all politicians related to carrier pigeons?  Everywhere they go they leave a mess and a lot of sh*t!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd vote for Satan to be PM if I thought he could get us out of the EU by 31st October.

Nobody is capable of achieving that by 31st Oct, not even God

almighty.

This is just a continuation of the pantomime that is Brexit,

scripted by the EU & UK establishment.

Let's not forget the summer holidays are approaching, everyone

will go on holiday soon after the next PM will be elected.

Then, when they all return in September, the EU will start their

Hearings of Commissioners to elect a new Commission President.

That will take things to middle of October.

Nobody will talk to the new UK PM until after that is completed.

In the meantime, the UK Parliament will vote against a no deal

Brexit, and the pantomime continues.

• Thanks 1