90 day report and TM 30 after returning to Thailand after 3-week holiday

Have to side with U.Joe.  The various IO's are enforcing rather randomly with their particular interpretation of the rules.  Best to contact your particular IO ahead during this time of enforcement turmoil to see what their rules are and what is needed.  Don't speak Thai, get an interpreter.  It is their country, we are guests.  Not always welcome guests, but how much of that is our fault at not understanding their system and culture.  Through the right channels we can help them improve, but standing there yelling in the immigration office (as I have seen in CM) when the Thai already know the average Falang is more educated and logically thinking, thus, putting them down does not help.  Their system is to blame, not the person in front of you.  Please go with the flow and find a way to politely try to make their system better.  You think yourself the better person on one level or another, prove it by action, not bitching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Possibly and probably, as the TM30 online goes to the 'central' system, not your local office.

Only if they logged into the main system would they see a previously filed TM30.

Regardless I file when I arrive 'home', just to be on the safe side.

That´s very wise to do, and it´s not much work either. Nothing at all to complain about, really.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In your case they would want one if you went to immigration to do something since they would see your new entry stamp.

You could ask the hotel to a the report as if you were just checking in so you would not have to worry about it.

Last January I was staying at a hotel in Pattaya – I drove over to Baan Pakkad/Cambodia to do a visa exempt.

Back same day.

Never thought about the TM30 situation, seeing as the hotel knew nothing of my trip out.

Didn't have to go to immigration until back in Bangkok (CW) for an extension.

No TM30 problems there, as per usual.

(If I'd had to go to Jomtien, I'd have made sure about the TM30.)

I've been coming to stay with my wife for 6 months + per year (2 SETVs - UK / Savannakhet), and got tired of the day-long trip into CW, with hours of waiting, just to do a TM30 that they took absolutely no interest in ever checking when doing TV extensions..

Ended up just doing an initial one for the whole 6 months stay – (last time tagged on a visa exempt trip to Cambodia to make it 8 months) – and just hoping the disinterest in TM30 shown at CW would continue.

I don't know if or when CW will start taking an interest in TM30s, but if they do, hope someone will flag it up.

1 hour ago, raysunshineray said:

Ended up just doing an initial one for the whole 6 months stay – (last time tagged on a visa exempt trip to Cambodia to make it 8 months) – and just hoping the disinterest in TM30 shown at CW would continue.

I don't know if or when CW will start taking an interest in TM30s, but if they do, hope someone will flag it up.

They started enforcing the TM30 submissions a few weeks ago.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It only mentions arrival at the residence which is what the immigration act states.

Nothing about leaving and returning to the same residence. requiring it.

The problem is that the immigration act was written 40 years ago. Things have changed a lot since then. It is long past due to be revised.

Another problem is the duplicity of sections 37 and 38. Some offices mix up the requirements of the 2 for address reporting.

What is badly needed is for the Immigration Bureau to write a official order to clarify what the requirements are instead of every office setting their own requirements.

What is badly needed is for theImmigration Bureau to write a official order to clarify what the requirementsare instead of every office setting their own requirements.

Here, here!

47 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

What is badly needed is for theImmigration Bureau to write a official order to clarify what the requirementsare instead of every office setting their own requirements.

Here, here!

Indeed. Along with user friendly and reliable systems allowing people to comply with them, and fines only if people first received some sort of warning. Surely they could do this very easily by adding a wording to the TM6 form, or a stamp on the 90-day report receipt as they currently do in some offices. Fining people for something they've had no prior notification about (and in some cases fining them for the landlord's negligence as well) is a pretty unscrupulous thing to do, the bureaucratic equivalent of a sucker punch. 

I have a TM30 receipt (from Chaengwattana, by mail) in my Landlady's name, and listing me, my wife and son on the attached schedule.  The Arrival card/TM6 number for each of us is shown on the schedule.

My wife and son are going to Laos in July and when they return to our condo they will have a new TM6 number.  Does the schedule need to be updated?  Can I do this myself, by just changing the TM6 number on the schedule, and the arrival date?  Or does my Landlady (who lives in Hat Yai) have to complete a new TM30 form with a new schedule?