SCB ATMs serving 200'000 Baht, what about foreign cards?

SCB (Siam Commercial Bank) has installed huge new multipurpose self service machines at some prime locations.

(ATM, CDM, book update, cheques ...)

I saw it first at Central Khon Kaen.

Yesterday I saw one at Central Festival on Pattaya beach road.

It clearly states in Thai/English that it serves/accepts 200'000 Baht (200 notes).

Wonder if they have built in a limit for foreign cards(?), otherwise it would be a good opportunity for some to save a bit on the fees by withdrawing more than the current 30k max.

I stumbled upon a post recently that Kasikorn has ATMs now that spit out 50k (50 notes)?

Preaching to the choir but even if the ATM does spit out up to Bt200K in one transaction that does not mean the "card-issuing bank" allows that much per day/transaction.  Just for example, most US cards only allow US$1000 per day/transaction from an ATM which equates to about Bt32K right now.   And usually most Thai debit card "default" per day/transaction is Bt50K although you can get that raised....raised significantly or lowered.

Just for example, with the Bangkok Bank Mastercard debit card you can raise it to Bt200K via interactive phone call....or even to Bt500K by visiting your branch.

image.png.0203d2f141b9892233cbade510a055df.png

• 2 weeks later...