Pattaya: Sweet selling thief in citizen's arrest as German pensioner gives chase!

rooster59

Pattaya: Sweet selling thief in citizen's arrest as German pensioner gives chase!

422521.jpg

Image: Naew Na

A female German pensioner gave chase when a sweet seller stole her wallet while she was sunbathing on Jomtien beach yesterday evening. 

Doris Bircher, 66, (name transliterated from Thai) said she was with a friend keeping one eye open on her possessions when the thief made off with her wallet that contained 1,040 baht and 20 Euros. 

She got to her feet and gave chase shouting "Thief!" and this alerted a Thai man called Siraphop Kanthan, 49, who was walking nearby. 

He managed to grab Decha Seubbut, 31, and put him in a headlock before police arrived. 

Decha admitted everything and said the money was for his mum. 

Naew Na said that Decha had just got out of jail for doing the same thing and was now in custody again.

They said he was a sweet seller who would watch to see if tourists were sleeping then make off with their property. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-27

2 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Decha had just got out of jail for doing the same thing and was now in custody again.

Clearly a very slow learner then. One day maybe he will work out he can make more money for his mum, when he actually does some honest work. Then again, idiots like this will probably spend most of their days behind bars. Fair play to the Thai fella who collared him as he was doing a runner.

50 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

when the thief made off with her wallet that contained 1,040 baht and 20 Euros

Sounds like we have someone with common sense, do not carry too much money or valuables when you go out. 

57 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

It couldn't have been an early morning theft because if it were the thief would have only have found German towels on the chairs  ????

Nether found a problem in Thailand with our German cousins bagging the deak chairs before us brits get up.

Probably because it is we and them do not spend most of the day (when we get up) around hotel pools.

The other problem is the Spaniards overfilling hotels and skimping on pool furniture. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well done Siraphop Kanthan.

We should all learn the Thai word for 'Thief' in case we need it!

I will ask ny ex GF, she should know all about the meaning of that word. 

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

" and this alerted a Thai man called Siraphop Kanthan, 49, who was walking nearby. 

He managed to grab Decha Seubbut, 31, and put him in a headlock before police arrived. 

Always lots of negative Thai news so it’s great to see that Thai man helping out a foreigner. Well done man! 

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

actually Doris looks good for 66.

That statement should let you know about the dismal state of affairs in the local bar scene. 

I vote Doris for Hua Hin sheriff.

actually Doris looks good for 66.

heavy goods 

I sometimes wonder with the blokes commenting on women's looks on here, how they compare for their age?

Defying gravity around the midriff ?? Full head of hair?? Biceps?? Abs??

How many could give chase to a thief??

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I sometimes wonder with the blokes commenting on women's looks on here, how they compare for their age?

Defying gravity around the midriff ?? Full head of hair?? Biceps?? Abs??

How many could give chase to a thief??

very true for most i could thats for sure

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Decha admitted everything and said the money was for his mum.

Oh, good. That explains it, and is a valid reason so relieve rich foreigners of excess cash... ????

Fine him 500 baht, and let him continue his 'business'. He might get lucky the next time. ????

I'm sure his mum is really proud of him!

19 minutes ago, Fred white said:

I know when I would go to the beach I'd take about 400 bht no cell phone

and for all you techies? Can't leave a Kindle on a deck chair while you go for a swim, but a book?

Archived