New Visa Fees

Hi all

Going to get married in the UK sometime later this year to TGF, so going down the Fiancee Visa route in a few months time.

Am I right in thinking the cost for the fiancee visa is now £500 and then after the six months the FLR costs £395???

Thanks

ccfc1927

The visa/Home Office charges for a fiancée visa will be:-

1. £500.00 for the settlement visa;

2. £395.00 for the leave to remain once you are married;

3. £750.00 for indefinite leave to remain after 2 years;

4. £575.00 for naturalisation as a British citizen;

5. £100.00+ for a British passport.

Total = £2320.00 within the space of 3 years.

You can avoid paying the £395.00 for the extension if you marry in Thailand instead of the UK, and, even better, if you can dig up (not literally) a forebear of another European nationality, you could get it all for free.

Scouse.

Isnt the FLR what you apply for after 2 years? and the ILR you pay after the 6 months visa finishes, if so is this 750?

Hi all

Going to get married in the UK sometime later this year to TGF, so going down the Fiancee Visa route in a few months time.

Am I right in thinking the cost for the fiancee visa is now £500 and then after the six months the FLR costs £395???

Thanks

ccfc1927

Cheers Scouse I replied before i saw your message

Cheers for help

Total = £2320.00 within the space of 3 years.

You can avoid paying the £395.00 for the extension if you marry in Thailand instead of the UK, and, even better, if you can dig up (not literally) a forebear of another European nationality, you could get it all for free.

Scouse.

even better, if you can dig up (not literally) a forebear of another European nationality, you could get it all for free.

t'be sure, t'be sure. :o My application form just arrived in this mornings post. Just need to get my mother's birth certificate sorted.

Having been born in Wales and adopted by a father whose parents were from Ulster, and he was brought up there but was actually born in China, I wonder what would be my chances of getting an Irish passport?

Just idle curiosity - I'm not anticipating sponsoring any settlement visas, but you never know

According to the IND website these are proposed fees for 'consultation'. Do you have a source indicating they are now reality?

Edited by Chris.B

The IND website says that these proposed fees are as a result of the consultation, not that they are up for consultation. It adds that the legislation to make them law, and effective from 1 April, will shortly be presented to parliament.

I think it's a safe bet to assume that they'll be reality. :o

Scouse.

Having been born in Wales and adopted by a father whose parents were from Ulster, and he was brought up there but was actually born in China, I wonder what would be my chances of getting an Irish passport?

Just idle curiosity - I'm not anticipating sponsoring any settlement visas, but you never know

Under the 1956 Act your father is Irish. Furthermore, you acquired that citzenship upon adoption.

Congratulations, you are a member of the sainted although our luck outside of the emerald isle can be somewhat unreliable.

Under the 1956 Act your father is Irish. Furthermore, you acquired that citzenship upon adoption.

Congratulations, you are a member of the sainted although our luck outside of the emerald isle can be somewhat unreliable.

Well, thank you. I don't care what the others say, you truly are a scholar and a gent.

And don't I just feel meself becoming a Paddy by the minute, and on Cheltenham Gold Cup day too. "I will arise and go now..."