Future Forward MP uncover new ‘Ja New’ assault video

rooster59

Future Forward MP uncover new ‘Ja New’ assault video

By The Thaiger

65462010_301684603921527_5928222347965235200_o.jpg

PHOTOS and VIDEO: Facebook/Rangsiman Rome

A Future Forward Party MP says they’ve got their hands on CCTV footage which shows four men violently attacking Thai political activist Sirawith “Ja New” Seritiwat. The anti-Junta activist has been the subject or earlier assaults and many threats.

The attack happened on a main road in Bangkok yesterday.

Rangsiman Rome, a Party-list MP for Future Forward, posted that he and two political activists, Chavalit

Laohadudomphan and Ton Phreera, had visited where the attack happened and spoken to vendors and motorcycle-taxi drivers in the area.

“The attack took place in a busy area at the mouth of Ram Intra Soi 109 where people waited for public transport,” according to Rangsiman.

“I initially checked the area and found there were several closed-circuit television cameras. All CCTVs are functioning.

Now Mr Chavalit and I have obtained the CCTV footage and talked with the Min Buri police chief, who promised to handle the case to the best of his ability,” said the first-time MP and anti-coup activist, who earlier joined Mr Sirawith in several demonstrations.

27 year old Ja New, was brutally attacked yesterday. His injuries included fracture of the skull above the eye, black eyes and a broken nose. He was admitted to the ICU of Navamin Hospital and later transferred to Mission Hospital. It’s the second attack against him in less than a month.

Meanwhile, Democrat Party MP Korn Chatikavanij has condemned the attack of the anti-junta activist and called on the PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to order police to expedite the investigation.

“My subordinates used to be attacked when we were the opposition. Police were not serious in making arrests in that case and in other cases. This time, I would like to see the prime minister order police to work seriously. We have seen from lessons in the past that the use of violence did not result in a good ending.”

Korn also called for members of the public to be tolerable to different opinions.

On his Facebook page Rangsiman Rome wrote…

“Witnesses said there were four attackers. They were waiting in the area for a while before Ja New arrived. As soon as the activist showed up, the attackers ran toward him and began attacking him. The activist ran along the road for his own safety, but the men did not stop. They beat him until he fell down.”

“Some witnesses said the attackers focused on his head. The attackers stopped when people nearby shouted: ‘Police. Police’.”

Source: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/future-forward-mp-uncover-new-ja-new-assault-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-30

14 minutes ago, RobboR said:

Extremely.

How easy is it to drive around without a number plate??!!

More scary, regarding motorbikes, you are even allowed to drive without any plate until they have time to make one. For us it took over 6 month to get out plate on the latest bike we bought.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, londonthai said:

according to CSI LA page https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210 , assailants did ride motorbikes NNX 155, which is expensive one and used by police. They were white, same as police has.

They have used retractable buttons, same as police and army are using.

People nearby shouted police, because attackers were plain cloth police officers.

Shame, that nobody came to defend the victim and nobody stopped the police from beating unarmed and not aggressive citisen

You can buy retractable batons on Lazarda. Very good selection!

Surprised anyone still bothers with CSI LA.

7 minutes ago, londonthai said:

in every political post you do support junta and establishment. What your motives?

Money most likely, or sheer character assassination, take your pick, his post cannot be taken seriously anymore. 

In any case, good that the cowards have been filmed on video, 4 to 1, how typical. 

Edited by sjaak327

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Money most likely, or sheer character assassination, take your pick, his post cannot be taken seriously anymore. 

It is nothing as noble as money.

It is merely an available fig leaf to hide personal inadequacies behind.

7 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

What amazes me is how FFP seem to have had little trouble finding the CCT footage. This indicates that the BIB didn't (or were ordered not to) look too hard.

or don't know how to look - it only takes an IQ of about 10 to work it out.

Nice bike! - looks familiar! (just like the new police bikes!) - No plates? - no surprise.  Matching helmets? - just like the ones you see police provide to suspects at reenactments! - No surprise there either!

Now the best bit! - General nuisance crowing from his high perch - - "We will find the culprits quickly!" (Classic Thai maneuver - "I know nothing - Not me - not my problem")

Really! - Do the clowns in this country know how the rest of the world sees them?

liars-are-an-insult-to-inteligence-they-think-you.jpg

• Thanks 1

yes, there were more participants to this assault than 4 soldiers on motorbikes. Soldiers in cars, other bikes as a back up, possibly armed - just in case something goes wrong, like somebody coming to fight off.

they should check up registration numbers of all those vehicles behind, see where it would lead.