Trump meets with Kim, crosses border into North Korea

webfact

6 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Nixon opened China. 

Trump opens N. Korea. 

Something really out of whack if DJT doesn't get the Nobel Peace prize ???? 

Right.....  And Chamberlain should have received the Nobel Peace prize for his appeasement of Hitler.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Nixon opened China. 

Trump opens N. Korea. 

But in hindsight, aren't we now seeing that opening China wasn't all good?

After all, Nixon (unknowingly) set China up to be the next super power.

Let's leave the prize for somebody more deserving. How about for a leader who chooses to reduce arms as opposed to increasing arms acquisitions!

12 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Nixon opened China. 

Trump opens N. Korea. 

....  they will wait for the reunification but China will be against that as N.K. is their buffer zone between them and a more free society.

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

Photo-op in the making, nothing more.  No previous Presidents went to North Korea or met face to face with its leader because none wanted to give the murderous tyrants international respectability.

Obama didn't send Rodman.  Get your facts straight.

No it's not.

"No it's not."

Thanks for your extensive explanation why you don't agree with me.

18 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Given how Kim made a fool of Trump at the first summit, which one do you think it is?

The only "fools" are those that refuse to give DT any credit on the world stage. He's a master at negotiating.

What a clown Trump is. These are two men looking for praise to boost their support bases at home. Nothing to do with peace or detent.

Kim just 3 years ago had his own brother murdered in Kuala Lumpur airport using VX nerve agent and here is Trump patting the prick on the back. How damn dumb is that. NOTHING will come out of this. Give the N Koreans an inch and they will take a mile. They are playing Trump and only he cannot see that. Too stuck up behind his overinflated ego. This makes me sick.

42 minutes ago, howbri said:

The only "fools" are those that refuse to give DT any credit on the world stage. He's a master at negotiating.

Yes indeed, just look at how the Mexicans promptly paid for that Big Beautiful Wall!

19 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

History in the making. An incredible day for Trump and potentially the world at large. His determination can be measured against his predecessor, who didn't go to North Korea, but send retired basketball player and general freak, Dennis Rodman, instead. Seriously, you just can't compare the statesmanship. Cue the awards...

I sometimes wonder whether you are just willfully ignorant or just blind to facts.

Obama didn't send Dennis Rodman. Don't be ridiculous. 

Also, there is a very good reason why no sitting POTUS (Carter did visit in 1994 as did Clinton in 2009 but they were not sitting Presidents at the time) has ever visited NK as this is not the first time that NK has promised to denuclearise. On no less than 6 other occasions (1985, 1992, 1994, 2005, 2007 and 2012) NK has promised to get rid of its nukes, only to go back on it's word every single time. This usually follows a pattern where sanctions or other problems at home have forced the NK military dictatorship to 'find a distraction', with the US being it's usual target.

And the last time Trump fans were shouting for Trump to get a Nobel Peace Prize was after the Singapore Summit in 2018 where what little agreement took place was promptly ignored by NK with satellite images showing significant expansion to a key long-range missile base and South Korea's Defense Ministry stating that North Korea test-fired multiple rocket launchers, including a new model of a tactical guided weapon. 

If by some miracle Trump does get NK to denuclearize then I promise you I will come on this forum and (through gritted teeth) congratulate him on a very difficult job well done. However, I don't expect to have to do that as I genuinely believe that NK is following a well worn path in doing what they have done for over 4 decades and that's to look like they're serious, get some concessions/easing of sanctions only to pull away at the last minute with another feeble excuse.  

1 hour ago, howbri said:

What did he negotiate?

The only thing to come from it is that Trump looks very uncomfortable even trying to walk.

1 hour ago, howbri said:

He got outnegotiated many times in his business career resulting in bankruptcies that his daddy had to repeatedly bail him out of. Some master negotiator.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

"No it's not."

Thanks for your extensive explanation why you don't agree with me.

You didn't understand it?  Ok, how's this:  No, it's not the job of the President to meet tyrants and give them international legitimacy for not good reason.

1 hour ago, Tradewind777 said:

What a clown Trump is. These are two men looking for praise to boost their support bases at home. Nothing to do with peace or detent.

Kim just 3 years ago had his own brother murdered in Kuala Lumpur airport using VX nerve agent and here is Trump patting the prick on the back. How damn dumb is that. NOTHING will come out of this. Give the N Koreans an inch and they will take a mile. They are playing Trump and only he cannot see that. Too stuck up behind his overinflated ego. This makes me sick.

Give the North Koreans an inch... lol... reminds me of “puppetry of the penis”.

Kim got a hold of the puppet and walked it in and out of North Korea. Not sure if that’s a mile, but I do reckon Kim had fun handling the puppet once again.

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

What do you base your "master at negotiating" claim on?

Trump told them he was a master negotiator.... they take his word on everything, with complete disregard for reality (never mind truth... lol... what’s that?)

11 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I guess when you owe the peaceful existence of your country and are totally dependent on the man for your security you give some concessions.

The existence of North Korea and its national security, in its current form, wherein it can finally flex its muscles, and force that president of those United States of America, to come begging at its door in the hope of some positive PR, after the world smacked his bottom at the G20, is as a result of being truly committed to endure untold deprivation in pursuit of a nuclear arsenal, which it now has.

But to be fair to your master negotiator, it would not surprise me if, in the near future, the world gives the trump recognition for enabling Iran to live in a  peaceful and secure fashion, once they have been forced to endure untold deprivations, whilst they develop their own nuke, and force a future president to subjugate himself at their doorstep.

Lol... thinking “duck dynasty”.... maybe it will be the junior trump. (Can convicted felons be the potus?)

16 hours ago, Opl said:

" US President Donald Trump and China's President Xi Jinping reached agreement at the G20 summit in Japan. Mr Trump also said he would allow US companies to continue to sell to the Chinese tech giant Huawei, in a move seen as a significant concession. Mr Trump had threatened additional trade sanctions on China. "

He confirmed that the US would not be adding tariffs on $300bn worth of Chinese imports

That was the first step: 'pulling one's pants down'. Let's wait for the next step. ????

If he didn't get his passport stamped out of South Korea -stamped into North Korea- stamped out of North Korea, and finally stamped back into South Korea it is fake news and never happened. :tongue: (and I want to see the stamps in his passport, Birther style.) 

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

55555....funny.  Yes, history will remember Trump.  But not so fondly as you and other Trumpets.  In fact, political scientists and historians are already looking at Trump and his disaster of a Presidency.  In their view, Trump is dead last among all Presidents.  I'm sure he will solidify his position by the time he leaves office in 2020.  Have a nice day!

https://www.businessinsider.com/greatest-us-presidents-ranked-by-political-scientists-2018-2#44-donald-trump-1

Which political scientists would they all be then? Trump haters perhaps.

IMO it's a toss up between Carter and Bush the younger. At least Trump hasn't had any fiascos in the Iranian desert, or declared war on a nation based on lies.

I met a political scientist at a party in the 80s once. She claimed nuclear war was imminent and we were all going to die. Complete loser.

Place your bets: that this is simply two crazy power abusing despots supporting each other (not the folks of their countries), playing games that will result in little to nothing.

like almost all of trumps B/S. 

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which political scientists would they all be then? Trump haters perhaps.

IMO it's a toss up between Carter and Bush the younger. At least Trump hasn't had any fiascos in the Iranian desert, or declared war on a nation based on lies.

I met a political scientist at a party in the 80s once. She claimed nuclear war was imminent and we were all going to die. Complete loser.

Well they spend their lives studying this stuff, so they'd know more about what each President has done than you or I. 

Trump is on a fools mission - not surprisingly since he is such a fool. Kim will never give up his nuclear arsenal because it is the only thing that gives him any kind of international attention. He is playing Trump like a cheap fiddle. 

33 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

You ridiculous people can gnash your teeth, whinge, and cry all you want.  

This is a real President.  What an entrance.

What a logistical nightmare this must have been for Secret Service.  Amazing job.  You ankle biters just got a taste of American Exceptionalism.  How did that taste?  Did it go down smoothly?

Denial- failure to acknowledge an unacceptable truth or emotion or to admit it into consciousness

Archived