Thai Consulate Kota Bharu

Hi

Anyone have recent experience wrt travel requirements into and out of Thailand when applying for a SETV.

Their website says Air ticket paid in full but doesn't specify whether that is in or out of Thailand.  The Thai Embassy KL requires 'A copy of reservation/confirmation of transportation ticket to and from Thailand'.

It would be best if you would refrain from answering if you dont have actual recent experience.

Thanks

Their website says 

2. TOURIST VISA

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wishing to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes .

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant 

- Air ticket paid in full

On 7/2/2019 at 3:45 AM, recom273 said:

One guy who will know for sure.

https://hdvisa-thailand.com/

Obviously he’s s commercial agency, but he visits the consulate twice a week and is aware of current situation, he may be smooth things over for you.

Interesting what he is claiming:

Note2: You can obtain three tourist visa in a row around Asia, but then have to leave the country for at least six months (or get a non-immigration visa).

Worth keeping in mind how Kota Bharu conducts business.

Note2: You can obtain three tourist visa in a row around Asia, but then have to leave the country for at least six months (or get a non-immigration visa).

Might be how the consulate in Kota Bharu sees it...

Sent from my SM-J415F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

44 minutes ago, lkv said:

I don’t know what he claims, is it on his site?

I went there for many years, first to get tourist visas, and yeah, after a while they refused me, I was getting married, so we just sped up the process. 

I find it a decent place, the staff are helpful, it’s easy to get to, although it takes a bit of time, it’s efficient, you aren’t waiting on tourist vans or enduring the border scams when visiting Penang. Just take a regular mini van out of Hat Yai bus station, and walk across the border at Sungai Kolok. Take a bus or a taxi from the border, about 45 mins. 

There is no time organization or queues, if you can apply in the morning you pick it up the next day at 11.00 (I think). If you don’t make it before lunch, then you pick it up at 2.00, it takes about 10 mins to process the queue and you can make it back to Hat Yai in the late afternoon. You can walk from the center of town out to the consulate

KB is nothing to speak of, no alcohol, very strict. All the hotels and guest houses around the bus station and town are rotten, but If you look out of the town center there are a couple of decent hotels. Chinese food in town, a couple of authentic Indian restaurants. 

1 hour ago, lkv said:

About the same as Penang. But they tell people that they have to get a visa from their home country before getting another one. But of course getting a new passport will solve the problem at both consulates and at others.