UK Marriage Certificate needs Translation for Annual Extension

tomdfc

Last time round the lovely immigration officer told me/us that the marriage certificate which we had used for 6 years' annual extensions would not be acceptable going forward.  No idea why since we had been told previously that it would be good forever.  (We are Brits here on a retirement and dependent visa respectively.)

So ... been through the legalisation loop with the UK iauthorities in Milton Keynes and then the Royal Thai Embassy in London.  Now we have to post or take the legalised certificate with passports, etc. to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.

We also apparently have to provide a translation of the marriage certificate certified by a translator. 

Any recommendations for someone in Chiang Mai to do this?  Thanks in advance.

They also do an official notorised translation of legal documrnts at city hall.

Would not count on random translation services to be official.

Wife did something for us as she is excellent English speaker but we still had to get it officially stamped by a city hall officianado

On 7/2/2019 at 6:00 PM, eyecatcher said:

They also do an official notorised translation of legal documrnts at city hall.

Would not count on random translation services to be official.

Wife did something for us as she is excellent English speaker but we still had to get it officially stamped by a city hall officianado

Eyecatcher,I don't know what you've been told but can only relate my recent experience.Married in Australia.

My wedding cert had to go to Oz Embassy to be verified as a true doc,translated.To Dept Foreign Affairs Chiang Mai.Found an error in translation,marked necessary corrections,back to translator fixed all good at DFA.This now entitled me to go the local Amphor and register the marriage and they issued me with a Kor Ror22.

On the DI handout this is the required doc.if married outside of Thai.Hope this right because it's the road I'm headed down for my first extension due to mariage. Cheers and good luck with it.

29 minutes ago, kimincm said:

Eyecatcher,I don't know what you've been told but can only relate my recent experience.Married in Australia.

My wedding cert had to go to Oz Embassy to be verified as a true doc,translated.To Dept Foreign Affairs Chiang Mai.Found an error in translation,marked necessary corrections,back to translator fixed all good at DFA.This now entitled me to go the local Amphor and register the marriage and they issued me with a Kor Ror22.

On the DI handout this is the required doc.if married outside of Thai.Hope this right because it's the road I'm headed down for my first extension due to mariage. Cheers and good luck with it.

I can understand that, as its the same process when you want to get married here and you hold a divorce certificate.

infact I remember now, the British consulate authorise the document but then the wifr had to translatr it and thats when we went to city hall for the big approal.

It was easy though, involved almost nothing at all in time and money

Archived