Video: Elderly Briton found dead in Pattaya movie theatre

webfact

Elderly Briton found dead in Pattaya movie theatre 

By The Nation

800_1afd45446bcfc20.jpeg?v=1562128431

An elderly British man was found dead in the early hours of Wednesday inside a movie theatre at a Pattaya shopping mall, police said.

The Pattaya police station was alerted at 12.30am that a foreigner had been found dead after the screening of horror movie “Annabelle Comes Home” in Cinema 4 of a South Pattaya shopping mall in Tambon Nong Prue of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Police said the man was identified as Bernard Wilfred Channing, 78. He had been sitting next to a Thai movie goer who did not realise the man had died until the lights went up. 

Staff at the cinema said the Briton had bought a single ticket and appeared to be alone. 

The body was sent to the Bang Lamung Hospital for autopsy and the British Embassy would be informed to contact his relatives.

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372180

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-03

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I wonder what the film was?

edit: Just noticed vehicle in the photo. They're not using EMS to send corpses to the morgue are they?

No. It's worse than that.

16 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

They're not using EMS to send corpses to the morgue are they?

The body was probably taken to hospital first so a doctor can certify death. The death certificate is an important bit of paper to get before cremation, burial or repatriation of the remains can commence.

58 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Either a very scary movie or very cold in there. 

Seems a sad end.

Oh, I don't know!

Maybe he went and had something to eat, a few beers and then a nice movie just to finish the day off.

No fuss, just slipped away while relaxing, sounds good to me ????

13 minutes ago, essox essox said:

yeah I noticed the name of film WAS in the write up....why do people ask when it is in black and white....MUST be a Thai !!!

Or just not concentrating and paying atenttion  attenttion attenton reading correctly.

Upon reading the headline, I was going to say "everyone's a critic", but then thought that would be insensitive, so I won't. ????

RIP old fella. Hope you had a good life.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I wonder what the film was?

edit: Just noticed vehicle in the photo. They're not using EMS to send corpses to the morgue are they?

' The Last Picture Show '

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The body was probably taken to hospital first so a doctor can certify death. The death certificate is an important bit of paper to get before cremation, burial or repatriation of the remains can commence.

Actually in the UK: First a Healthcare Professional will issue a note (certificate) verifying death.

Then a doctor or coroner will issue another determining cause of death.

Then the death has to be registered for public records, often it is a certified copy of the registry that is known as a Death Certificate.

Then for Cremation a further certificates signed by two doctors is required. 

Archived