Thailand aims to become Modern Agricultural Hub

rooster59

Thailand aims to become Modern Agricultural Hub

supawadee wangsri

2a667f2dcfddc9aaed8c9448b2dc2be4_small.jpg

CHIANG MAI, 06 July 2019 (NNT) - Thailand will showcase its potential to be a leader among the agricultural industries of the world at the Asia Agricultural Innovation Fair 2019; Thailand aims to become a hub of modern agriculture.

At a seminar on Agricultural Innovation in Asia, Mr. Sarawut Chantachitpreecha, an agricultural academic, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Thailand, said the Netherlands is focused on eco-friendly agriculture which is safe for consumers, by using technology to enhance production efficiency according to the goal. The yield is two times higher and the quality is twice as good, while the use of resources is reduced two times. For Thailand, the tendency to use machinery is high but it is still concentrated in the new generation. Most large agricultural businesses and farmer groups under contract farming use technology to measure humidity and temperature and gain access to automatic control through applications on mobile phones. They also use unmanned aircraft or drones to help with chemical spraying, use a QR Code to trace production back to source and are attracted to online marketing.

In order to strengthen the role of Thai farmers and ensure Thailand becomes a trade and investment hub for machinery and agricultural innovation, the Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai University has signed a memorandum of understanding with Global Exhibition and Convention Service Co., Ltd. to organize the Agricultural Innovation of Asia Fair from November 7-11, 2019, at Chiang Mai International Convention and Exhibition Center. It will feature products, services and agricultural innovations and technology, by focusing on five main branches of modern agricultural management to increase opportunities for progress with intelligent farming technology and the use of technology in farm management.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-07-07
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Don't think the world wants to import foods from a country which uses banned poisons to keep the bugs away.

Following in India's footsteps or already ahead:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/jul/01/the-indian-state-where-farmers-sow-the-seeds-of-death

From the link above:

"Punjab utilises the highest amount of chemical fertilisers in India. Many of the pesticides sprayed on the state’s crops are classified as class I by the World Health Organization because of their acute toxicity and are banned in places around the world, including Europe."

Does it mean that it could be only a matter of time before crops in Thailand are banned too?

Or is it seen as irrelevant if most of the produce is for domestic consumption (I don't know), and therefore not important who they might be killing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

Been a while between hubs.

Was starting to think LOS had hubbed itself out

Never, have a cast bigger than Ben Hur working on new hubs with Napoleon having ordered a new one  for each day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

From the link above:

"Punjab utilises the highest amount of chemical fertilisers in India. Many of the pesticides sprayed on the state’s crops are classified as class I by the World Health Organization because of their acute toxicity and are banned in places around the world, including Europe."

Does it mean that it could be only a matter of time before crops in Thailand are banned too?

Or is it seen as irrelevant if most of the produce is for domestic consumption (I don't know), and therefore not important who they might be killing?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/thai-rice-standards-create-the-global-confidence-in-quality-of-the-national-crop-300879734.html

The BS is spread globally but most countries have caught on hence why little is sold for export.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:
4 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yup-when I was asked about my village I would reply "Well..it's kinda Transylvanian.."

I miss it a lot tho'-never a dull moment..

DSCN1800.JPG

I like it. :thumbsup:

Well at least they have electricity, How much more modern can you get?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1