Thailand aims to become Modern Agricultural Hub

rooster59

Pretty amazing that Thailand invited the leader of North Korea.

Having KIM on the boat, what could go wrong? ( Second from left?)????

Great news after being World Classed as the educational hub, the medical and now the agricultural hub. Congratulations. 

KIM.jpg

Isaan people.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand aims to become a hub of modern agriculture

With a really big focus on M-O-D-E-R-N. So, Now I spelled it out for them. And the start would be to take away forbidden chemicals, right?

Except canned Pineapple from Dole and canned fish from Thai Union I can't recall any agricultural products from Thailand in the supermarket shelves in Europe.

Says a lot about wanting to be a hub for agricultural products.

• Like 1

And no understanding of the contradictions inherent in this latest hubba dub dub.

If their aim is to "use technology to enhance production efficiency", achieving this will involve not just widespread unemployment [to replace the current widespread underemployment], but also at least 25 stages largely incompatible with the small-scale & local "eco-friendly agriculture" they also claim to want.

I attended a "Hi-tech Farming Expo" in KK some months ago expecting to see hydroponics/aquaponics/ aerophonics etc etc as the phrase high-tech farming mainly refers to agricultural methods using the latest technology. Instead I got to gaze upon a Kubota tractor with a baler attached, fighting chooks, and acres of weeds that they sell as plants. 

• Like 1

Oh dear

I appear to have missed this important announcement......must tell my neighbour hes off to his fields on his bicycle, i don't think he s ready for hi tech and certainly nothing modern yet!

Edited by poohy

49 minutes ago, expatfromwyoming said:

I attended a "Hi-tech Farming Expo" in KK some months ago expecting to see hydroponics/aquaponics/ aerophonics etc etc as the phrase high-tech farming mainly refers to agricultural methods using the latest technology. Instead I got to gaze upon a Kubota tractor with a baler attached, fighting chooks, and acres of weeds that they sell as plants. 

Why was there a bailiff with the tractor? Had someone missed a couple of payments?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Will that be before or after the Thai language becomes one of the world's leading global languages as predicted by Prayut?

The master of fortune telling, by the man caught kissing frogs on camera.

He was lucky - I had to kiss hundreds of ugly ones before I found my princess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:

It will coincide with the above and also Prayuth  forming a stable (any)government.

I would recommend you not holding your breath while waiting for this auspicious occasion to happen

A stable government - isn't that where they keep lame horses and donkeys?

Edited by bluesofa
  • Haha 1

I cant wait to see those Bloody great Tractors that are the size of an Aircraft Carrier working the Paddies.

What will happen to all the redundant Buffaloes and their Herders / Drivers ? Will they have a chain of Retirement Homes for them all ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

I cant wait to see those Bloody great Tractors that are the size of an Aircraft Carrier working the Paddies.

What will happen to all the redundant Buffaloes and their Herders / Drivers ? Will they have a chain of Retirement Homes for them all ?

The old Buffaloes are already being taken care of, they are called Senators now????

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Such hilarity. Based on ignorance of a few but crucial factors.

Unfortunate for both those who find cause for hilarity and for the those who are the subject of it.

Your comment is most thought provoking, would you care to elucidate?